Jump to content

Raiders Defense


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Cooper was a good pick in 2015, but yeah other than that its literally hard to find a good pick

Funny that Denico Autry, Mario Edwards, and Shelby Harris have all gone on to have good careers. 

Edwards - Autry - Harris - Mack

The elite DL that could've been...

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Arnette is horrible as a tackler and also has mediocre ball skills. 

year 1 vs year 7. no mini camp. 

 

I stand by statement

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Waiting for Amik to get cut so he can latch on somewhere as a #2 or #3 outside CB

Recall that Chris Harris chose the Chargers over us because we insisted he play outside because we already had Joyner in the slot. 
 

we have a truly bizarre way of pigeonholing players and being completely stubborn about it

From day one I said Gruden's ego is going to be his biggest problem.  I think he has brought in coaches he enables to be the same way.  If the player does not succeed it is the players fault and not the geniuses running the show.  I just realized why I do not like them.  They remind me of politicians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roi34 said:

year 1 vs year 7. no mini camp. 

I stand by statement

Damon Arnette had 13 missed tackles in 9 games last season, Lawson has 8 missed tackles in 40 games over the last 3 seasons. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Damon Arnette had 13 missed tackles in 9 games last season, Lawson has 8 missed tackles in 40 games over the last 3 seasons. 

missed training camp, rookie, broken hand. sure it's not great to see, but guess we will call him a bust and cut him tomorrow. and any other non successful first year players. 

 

I'm not saying guy is star or will ever be. just saying I'd like to see what he has in spots. Lawson is great tackler, I'd love to see the WR not catch the ball right next to him Everytime too. 0 ints. if Arnette grabs 4 ints and misses 7 more tackles I'd take the trade off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roi34 said:

missed training camp, rookie, broken hand. sure it's not great to see, but guess we will call him a bust and cut him tomorrow. and any other non successful first year players. 

I'm not saying guy is star or will ever be. just saying I'd like to see what he has in spots. Lawson is great tackler, I'd love to see the WR not catch the ball right next to him Everytime too. 0 ints. if Arnette grabs 4 ints and misses 7 more tackles I'd take the trade off. 

Arnette has to earn his spot he won't get a scholarship starting position under Bradley because he was a 1st round pick. And if he can't beat out Lawson for PT it just shows how bad he really is at football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Arnette has to earn his spot he won't get a scholarship starting position under Bradley because he was a 1st round pick. And if he can't beat out Lawson for PT it just shows how bad he really is at football. 

lol, I don't want him handed anything. just hope guys will get some run to see what they have.  Lawson can be starter, he just doesn't offer much upside. he prob will finish his career with 0 ints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

lol, I don't want him handed anything. just hope guys will get some run to see what they have.  Lawson can be starter, he just doesn't offer much upside. he prob will finish his career with 0 ints. 

Arnette is almost 30 in year 2, not sure he has much upside either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Arnette is almost 30 in year 2, not sure he has much upside either. 

25 is almost 30? reach my man  he won't even be 30 before his first contract is done

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He already looked terrible. I truly cannot believe people defended the pick last year and then defended his quality of play throughout the season. 

I have not been a fan of his from day one and never understood the guys who have defended him with nonstop excuses.  His value in the 1st was downright atrocious and there are already rumors of moving him to the slot because he is inadequate on the outside SMH....

I was shocked on draft day when I heard his name called but the Raiders have reached for players as long as I can remember.  That hasn't turned out well as all we have been consistent at is fielding dumpster fire rosters YOY.

I wanted AJ Terrell but he was gone my backup plan was Chiasson or Jefferson but I knew after Ruggs was taken Jefferson was off the table.   I never wanted a WR at 12 as I pointed out in many posts WR's that are not sure fire studs (Julio/Green) have posed terrible value in the 1st.

I wanted to go heavy D with our 2 1st round picks picks in 2020.  I wanted Kinlaw at 12 and Terrell, Chaisson or Jefferson if we had to go WR.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have not been a fan of his from day one and never understood the guys who have defended him with nonstop excuses.  His value in the 1st was downright atrocious and there are already rumors of moving him to the slot because he is inadequate on the outside SMH....

I was shocked on draft day when I heard his name called but the Raiders have reached for players as long as I can remember.  That hasn't turned out well as all we have been consistent at is fielding dumpster fire rosters YOY.

I wanted AJ Terrell but he was gone my backup plan was Chiasson or Jefferson but I knew after Ruggs was taken Jefferson was off the table.   I never wanted a WR at 12 as I pointed out in many posts WR's that are not sure fire studs (Julio/Green) have posed terrible value in the 1st.

I wanted to go heavy D with our 2 1st round picks picks in 2020.  I wanted Kinlaw at 12 and Terrell, Chaisson or Jefferson if we had to go WR.

We disagree on a lot around here but I am right there with you.  I was not big on Chaisson but Kinlaw with Jefferson was my preferred outcome with how the draft fell.  Would have had a d-line of Hankins, Kinlaw, Ngakoue, Crosby, and Ferrell.  Not the best in the league but plenty of talent, youth, and does not have a glaring hole.  Not to mention it would be pretty cheap right now.  Still could have signed Jefferson as a back up.  Looks like the starting DBs would have been the same still and signing John Brown would make more since to go with Edwards, Waller, Renfrow, and Jefferson.

Edited by drfrey13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...