Raiders Defense

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Kwit is a solid LBer who plays to his abilities.  White is still developing but has an upward trajectory.  White can do things that Kwit can only dream of but when you take their overall play level I am not surprised.  If it is this way after this year I will be a little surprised.  White still needs to cut down on the false steps and maybe take it down a notch.  He still takes to many false steps.  If he waits that extra .1 of a second for confirmation he can still make the play but will drastically cut down on mistakes.  He has Wagner and Willis potential along with a last name that starts with W.

Lol w’s 

On 7/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, drfrey13 said:

I do not think he is worth the money he is getting paid.  I just take exception when some people try to say he is garbage.  It is tough to perform on a weekly basis as a WR because if a team wants to the can shut you down.  Especially in Dallas where they have 3 good options.  Cooper takes the #1 CB and recieves the double teams and still produces well.  

For those that criticize Cooper I got a good stat.

Jerry Rice had 100 yard games in 25% of his games played.

Amari Cooper has had 100 yard games 25.8% of his games played.

In fairness though Julio is around 45% and AB is 34%.  

Almost all players have issues and Cooper's is consistency but he is not a bad player.  Just not good enough to be the #4 pick or paid $20 million a year.  I think we won the trade with Dallas but then lost it when we made our selection.

100%

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I expect us to be in the nickel more often than not with:

Crosby - McCoy - Hankins - Yannick

Littleton - Perryman

Hayward - Hobbs - Mullen

Abram - Moehrig 

Thought Perryman came out in nickel sets for the Chargers ? His coverage improved but I’m not sure he will be a full time nickel LB.

Just now, Dessie said:

Thought Perryman came out in nickel sets for the Chargers ? His coverage improved but I’m not sure he will be a full time nickel LB.

IIRC he graded out really well in coverage last season. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So hopefully Morrow/White are back soon or Muse/Deablo can live up to their draft position. 

Deablo looked good in pass reps but understandably lost and not strong enough in the run game. White was looking good to me, hopefully him and Morrow are back soon.

56 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not at all. If we get good interior play, this could maybe even be an average defense.

I think our defense is very boom/bust.

We could have a pretty good defense if: 

• McCoy/Philon/Thomas/Jefferson can push the pocket consistently. 

• Yannick plays at the same level he has and Crosby makes a leap.

• Littleton bounces back to his Rams form in a scheme that suits his strengths better. 

• Casey Hayward still has enough in the tank to be a good starter. 

• Our young DB's such as Abram, Moehrig, and Hobbs can all play at a solid level. 

If I had to pick 4 players as the keys to the defense though they'd be Moehrig, McCoy, Yannick, and Crosby. Moehrig is going to be asked/trusted to play in single high a lot and that's tough for any safety to do, particularly a rookie. Yannick and Crosby will have to be able to generate pressure consistently for the scheme to work because Bradley never blitzes. And McCoy is going to have to be able to generate pressure up the middle consistently so QB's can't just step up into the pocket as we've seen them do against us for years. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think our defense is very boom/bust.

We could have a pretty good defense if: 

• McCoy/Philon/Thomas/Jefferson can push the pocket consistently. 

• Yannick plays at the same level he has and Crosby makes a leap.

• Littleton bounces back to his Rams form in a scheme that suits his strengths better. 

• Casey Hayward still has enough in the tank to be a good starter. 

• Our young DB's such as Abram, Moehrig, and Hobbs can all play at a solid level. 

If I had to pick 4 players as the keys to the defense though they'd be Moehrig, McCoy, Yannick, and Crosby. Moehrig is going to be asked/trusted to play in single high a lot and that's tough for any safety to do, particularly a rookie. Yannick and Crosby will have to be able to generate pressure consistently for the scheme to work because Bradley never blitzes. And McCoy is going to have to be able to generate pressure up the middle consistently so QB's can't just step up into the pocket as we've seen them do against us for years. 

Yeah DL and free safety are the biggest keys to this defense imo. If moehrig and the DL are good, we just need average LB/CB play to be a decent defense.

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah DL and free safety are the biggest keys to this defense imo. If moehrig and the DL are good, we just need average LB/CB play to be a decent defense.

Yeah if the pass rush is good/consistent it will make our corner's jobs a lot easier and if Moehrig is good in single high he'll cover up for a lot of other players mistakes.