Raiders Defense

Rolni

21 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Something to keep in mind: It’s not like they were 4-12 either. They were 8-8 with a considerably worse defense(with question marks all over the defense)

I would say this year the questions are..

1. Trevon Moehrig-how good is he particularly at open field tackling and how well has he transition to single high safety?

2. How much more improved is Jonathan Abram in terms of discipline and football IQ(I like that he’s been quiet this off-season)?

3. What does Nate Hobbs look like in a regular season game?

4. Can Casey Hayward stay healthy?(Although I do like Damon Arnett to come in if he can’t)

Something I surprisingly don’t have a question about is will the defensive line improve because I 100% expect them to With all of the pieces they added both inside and outside. 

I think one of the big keys to having a playoff season is pressure up the middle from McCoy or one of the other DTs.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 5:50 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think one of the big keys to having a playoff season is pressure up the middle from McCoy or one of the other DTs.

I also feel good about having a fairly decent group of DT's with McCoy, Philon, Hankins, Thomas, and Jefferson as opposed to putting all of our eggs into one basket like we did last year with Maliek Collins. 

Patrick Onwuasor was just added to the practice squad, he didn't play last season but he's 29 and was decent for the Ravens, more depth to the LB room. In 2018/2019 he played less than 50% of the Ravens defensive snaps but still managed to produce 123 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 13 TFL, 3 FF, and 1 INT. 

The possible big trade idea might have some legs.  We were easily under the cap after the Wright signing.  I do not like that we are kicking the can down the road on some of these contracts however.  Now I think we are stuck with Nassib next year.  Hope he starts to live up to his contract.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The possible big trade idea might have some legs.  We were easily under the cap after the Wright signing.  I do not like that we are kicking the can down the road on some of these contracts however.  Now I think we are stuck with Nassib next year.  Hope he starts to live up to his contract.

What's the possible big trade idea? Haven't heard or read it. Thanks.