Raiders Defense

Rolni

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

As the quarterback it's Carr's job to set the tone and lead the team. Turning the ball over 5 times and putting the defense in terrible spots is setting the tone. We've heard multiple players say that the team lacks accountability in the locker room and have had other players publicly celebrate once we traded/released them. Look back at 2019 as well we started 6-4 then completely fell off a cliff and it starts with Carr. 

Far as last year I don't think you can really put that on Carr because Carr can't play defense or coach it

Everything else you say is true because I know for a fact Carr didn't really become a leader until Gruden got there. Even in 2016

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

I did like the rotation on the DL against Baltimore, we saw plenty of snaps of Jefferson, Philon and Thomas and on the outside Nassib was used frequently. I think this is the way to go keeping guys fresh and so the OL can't key in on one guy. Philon has been something if a revelation and seems to be a great signing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I did like the rotation on the DL against Baltimore, we saw plenty of snaps of Jefferson, Philon and Thomas and on the outside Nassib was used frequently. I think this is the way to go keeping guys fresh and so the OL can't key in on one guy. Philon has been something if a revelation and seems to be a great signing.

Guy mentioned during the off-season I loved the raiders off-season plan on how to fix the defense(particularly at 3T) which a lot of people on here gave me crap for. I said we don't need all four of the the guys that we drafted to hear we just need A. which ever ones pan out to become a rotation or B. I have them to pan out and be steady. I was told by people on here that that was a hope.

I think alot of takes defensively on here are surprising to a lot of people is because a lot of people don't actually know what makes a defense good versus what makes a defense bad. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Guy mentioned during the off-season I loved the raiders off-season plan on how to fix the defense(particularly at 3T) which a lot of people on here gave me crap for. I said we don't need all four of the the guys that we drafted to hear we just need A. which ever ones pan out to become a rotation or B. I have them to pan out and be steady. I was told by people on here that that was a hope.

I think alot of takes defensively on here are surprising to a lot of people is because a lot of people don't actually know what makes a defense good versus what makes a defense bad. 

I can't wait to see what these guys look like against Pittsburgh, was it just a one off? Is Gus Bradley the real deal? 

If we come out again and put together a fast, aggressive and disciplined performance on D again I think that goes a long way towards proving that Gus Bradley may be the biggest addition we've had for years.

• Like 1

Just now, Darbsk said:

I can't wait to see what these guys look like against Pittsburgh, was it just a one off? Is Gus Bradley the real deal? 

If we come out again and put together a fast, aggressive and disciplined performance on D again I think that goes a long way towards proving that Gus Bradley may be the biggest addition we've had for years.

Again this is the actual test against the more conventional offer ends with a more experienced/better passer. Last week I knew that was gonna happen

• 2 weeks later...