Raiders Defense

Rolni

Just now, NYRaider said:

Arnette shouldn't ever be in the game unless it's special teams. Dude can't tackle, has t-rex arms, and runs a 4.6. 

I don't think he's done as bad this year as people of made them out to be.

The deep ball in the Steelers game was pass interference

Sure you could include the two point conversion against the Dolphins but I feel like that route could've happened to anyone. 

Other Than that I've seen them make a few plays on the ball, make a tackles etc.

Why I think I'm meeting Robertson should play over him is because he looked like Casey Hayward out there thats the difference. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Sure you could include the two point conversion against the Dolphins but I feel like that route could've happened to anyone. 

Other Than that I've seen them make a few plays on the ball, make a tackles etc.

Why I think I'm meeting Robertson should play over him is because he looked like Casey Hayward out there thats the difference. 

He has only played like 20% of our defensive snaps this season, hard to make mistakes from the sideline. His PFF grade so far this year is 33, which I'm assuming has to be one of, if not the, worst in the NFL for CB. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He has only played like 20% of our defensive snaps this season, hard to make mistakes from the sideline. His PFF grade so far this year is 33, which I'm assuming has to be one of, if not the, worst in the NFL for CB. 

Do you know by now I don't really do PFF grades so that doesn't really mean much. 

One thing I did forget to mention that was a negative was how he got routed by Mike Williams although Mike Williams didn't get the ball

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Do you know by now I don't really do PFF grades so that doesn't really mean much. 

One thing I did forget to mention that was a negative was how he got routed by Mike Williams although Mike Williams didn't get the ball

I don't use PFF as the Bible but the fact he has hardly played is pretty telling in terms of what the coaching staff thinks about him. Gus Bradley built probably the greatest secondary in NFL history yet is doing anything in his power to avoid playing Arnette. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't use PFF as the Bible but the fact he has hardly played is pretty telling in terms of what the coaching staff thinks about him. Gus Bradley built probably the greatest secondary in NFL history yet is doing anything in his power to avoid playing Arnette. 

I think I've mentioned it before but when it comes to PFF it depends. If PFF is going to calculate all the different missed tackles or yards after contact door pressures or hurries or target against versus receptions allowed(which is what I feel are objective) then I'm all for it. But one PFF give someone a subjective grade that can be based on things that we don't know(that may be subjective also) then I don't really put too much stock on that because I actually watch 1. The game live 2. the film afterwards. I dont really need someone else doing that for me. 

I don't think he's avoid playing on it I think the reality is Trevon Mullen is better and Casey Hayward right now is actually the best. That's one of those things where it's like who is he going to play over. On top of that it just so happens that right when Trevon Mullen gets hurt he also gets hurt. 

That being said from what I saw from them both side-by-side in the same game Amik Robertson looked better so regardless of how I feel about Arnett and what he's done thus far, I would rather play at Amik Robertson based on what I've seen

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think I've mentioned it before but when it comes to PFF it depends. If PFF is going to calculate all the different missed tackles or yards after contact door pressures or hurries or target against versus receptions allowed(which is what I feel are objective) then I'm all for it. But one PFF give someone a subjective grade that can be based on things that we don't know(that may be subjective also) then I don't really put too much stock on that because I actually watch 1. The game live 2. the film afterwards. I dont really need someone else doing that for me. 

I don't think he's avoid playing on it I think the reality is Trevon Mullen is better and Casey Hayward right now is actually the best. That's one of those things where it's like who is he going to play over. On top of that it just so happens that right when Trevon Mullen gets hurt he also gets hurt. 

That being said from what I saw from them both side-by-side in the same game Amik Robertson looked better so regardless of how I feel about Arnett and what he's done thus far, I would rather play at Amik Robertson based on what I've seen

Arnette was a 1st round pick last year and has been surpassed by Hobbs/Robertson. Not sure what else to say, lol.

• Like 1

I too am looking forward to seeing Robertson have a proper run out on the outside. I was buzzing when they picked him as he was actually one of my favourite players of the draft. And after the players chosen prior in that draft, I needed someone to get behind. 

I understood the move to nickel due to the size and when he struggled, I hoped he’d get a chance in the outside as the production was unreal. And he matched up well against big and highly rated receivers in college.

Really gunning for him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

That rep against Williams was horrible but he wasn’t bad otherwise. That being said, I expect a lot more from him. I feel like mentally he doesn’t have it. Physically I think he has everything you need to be a good corner.

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Wrights not a three down linebacker anymore. It was kind of a given that Perryman we're going to play given the fact that started for Bradley in LA(When he was healthy)

Wright played 86% of the snaps last year and Perryman 31%.  If you had to guess who was more likely to be a 3 down player before the year  you would be in the minority if you said Perryman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Wright played 86% of the snaps last year and Perryman 31%.  If you had to guess who was more likely to be a 3 down player before the year  you would be in the minority if you said Perryman.

They we're on two different teams though(meaning two different situations)

For example, sure Perryman may have played only 31% of the snaps but you have to also understand that they had Kyzer white who is better in coverage and Kenneth Murray who was a first round pick that year. 

KJ right on the other hand played strong side linebacker out of necessity but also played weakside linebacker in the nickel(having done so for like 10 years)

When we acquired them both we did so for different reasons. We KJ to be the strong side linebacker and we traded for Perryman to be a middle linebacker because of the morrow injury

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That rep against Williams was horrible but he wasn’t bad otherwise. That being said, I expect a lot more from him. I feel like mentally he doesn’t have it. Physically I think he has everything you need to be a good corner.

4.6 speed and 30" arms don't really scream outside corner and his inability to tackle limits his ability to play in the slot. 

23 hours ago, reddevil said:

I too am looking forward to seeing Robertson have a proper run out on the outside. I was buzzing when they picked him as he was actually one of my favourite players of the draft. And after the players chosen prior in that draft, I needed someone to get behind. 

I understood the move to nickel due to the size and when he struggled, I hoped he’d get a chance in the outside as the production was unreal. And he matched up well against big and highly rated receivers in college.

Really gunning for him

Yeah he was definitely one of my favorite players that year too. He does everything you like a DB to do

19 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

They we're on two different teams though(meaning two different situations)

For example, sure Perryman may have played only 31% of the snaps but you have to also understand that they had Kyzer white who is better in coverage and Kenneth Murray who was a first round pick that year. 

KJ right on the other hand played strong side linebacker out of necessity but also played weakside linebacker in the nickel(having done so for like 10 years)

When we acquired them both we did so for different reasons. We KJ to be the strong side linebacker and we traded for Perryman to be a middle linebacker because of the morrow injury

I understand the 2 different situations.  Just mentioning that nobody thought Perryman would out play Wright.  One struggled to get playing time while the other was rate the 67th best player in the league.

• Like 1