Raiders Defense

Rolni

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Geezy said:

agreed, attack trenches early and often. 

Daniel Fa'alele would be my preferred choice if we're going to continue to try and build a young, cheap offensive line. But you can also never have too much depth on the defensive line either. 

14 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Isnt his height going to work against him in the Pros though. I wish he was a little shorter because then we are talking a Shaun Rogers clone 

Rogers was a beast against the pass, Davis is very 1 dimensional. Rogers had 53 TFLs including 14 sacks at Texas.  Davis has 6.5 in 3.5 years. Not even comparable as prospects imo. 

2 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Rogers was a beast against the pass, Davis is very 1 dimensional. Rogers had 53 TFLs including 14 sacks at Texas.  Davis has 6.5 in 3.5 years. Not even comparable as prospects imo. 

That’s what I’m saying Davis is too tall leverage disadvantage in the pros he’s going to get stonewalled more often than not. IF he was shorter Shaun Rogers was a dancing bear 6-4 340 always one of my favorite players 

5 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

That’s what I’m saying Davis is too tall leverage disadvantage in the pros he’s going to get stonewalled more often than not. IF he was shorter Shaun Rogers was a dancing bear 6-4 340 always one of my favorite players 

Yeah, Davis just isn't the level of athlete though as Rogers one of the best to play in the league pound for pound. Davis isn't returning an INT for a TD anytime soon. 

Just now, Jraider91 said:

Yeah, Davis just isn't the level of athlete though as Rogers one of the best to play in the league pound for pound. Davis isn't returning an INT for a TD anytime soon. 

Davis definitely moves well for his size without a doubt and yeah I’m probably oversimplifying the comparison. Guys like Albert Haynesworth and Marcus Stroud were 6’6 so you can be successful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

12 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

16 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

You guys are putting way too much emphasis on college production. Yea only had 9.5 sacks in 37 games at Washington.

• Like 1

None of those plays really demonstrate NFL pass rush from inside. First two are run plays with high leverage to stuff a line, no low leverage to burst through a guard. The second is great push after an average get off (by far last to get off line of all of his teammates).

He will be an excellent run stuffer in NFL, if we are drafting 20+ I'd take him if a good OT isn't there. But he isn't a top 10 prospect, or even particularly close. 

2 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

None of those plays really demonstrate NFL pass rush from inside. First two are run plays with high leverage to stuff a line, no low leverage to burst through a guard. The second is great push after an average get off (by far last to get off line of all of his teammates).

He will be an excellent run stuffer in NFL, if we are drafting 20+ I'd take him if a good OT isn't there. But he isn't a top 10 prospect, or even particularly close. 

The only DT prospect that looks like a blue chip prospect is DeMarvin Leal.

• Like 1