Raiders Defense

Rolni

Just now, Jraider91 said:

Yeah, I'd consider a CB in R2 even if we have good ones because that player even at our pick could be a fringe first rounder in a lot of drafts. 

Yeah plus Arnette looks like a total bust and who knows how much Hayward has left in the tank.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah plus Arnette looks like a total bust and who knows how much Hayward has left in the tank.

Yeah we've gotten lucky so far at CB. Facyson and Hayward have helped, and when Mullen gets back it should be even better. Hobbs has been stellar. 

But we shouldn't pretend we're not a cobbled together CB unit just yet. I'd be fine with a solid CB in R2. Arnette and Amik are likely gone. If we go into next year with Facyson, Hayward, Mullen, and Hobbs, it has potential to be good, but a 5th guy in reserve to eventually replace Hayward would be more than welcome. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah we've gotten lucky so far at CB. Facyson and Hayward have helped, and when Mullen gets back it should be even better. Hobbs has been stellar. 

But we shouldn't pretend we're not a cobbled together CB unit just yet. I'd be fine with a solid CB in R2. Arnette and Amik are likely gone. If we go into next year with Facyson, Hayward, Mullen, and Hobbs, it has potential to be good, but a 5th guy in reserve to eventually replace Hayward would be more than welcome. 

I wish we would've drafted Diggs over Arnette.

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

Rogers was a beast against the pass, Davis is very 1 dimensional. Rogers had 53 TFLs including 14 sacks at Texas.  Davis has 6.5 in 3.5 years. Not even comparable as prospects imo. 

This is a bit lazy and shows you don't know know much about how Georgia's defense is played. He's not asked to "get sacks and put up stats". His role is taking on blockers and keeping LBs clean to blitz, run and be disruptive. 

Vea isn't a stat sheet player either, but he absolutely wrecks games. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'd expect Facyson to start looking worse at some point. But the way the pass rush is rolling, playing CB is a lot easier for the Raiders these days.

That’s my thing as someone who played corner for a long time pass rush changes a lot of situational things. You can look completely different depending on how much time the quarterback has to throw.

Right now our pass rush is one of the best in the league. That puts us in a situation where the corner does it need to be all pro status they just need to be competent and know what they’re actually doing in my opinion. Now is Fayscon that? Tbh we don’t know. But it is something to monitor.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s my thing as someone who played corner for a long time pass rush changes a lot of situational things. You can look completely different depending on how much time the quarterback has to throw.

Right now our pass rush is one of the best in the league. That puts us in a situation where the corner does it need to be all pro status they just need to be competent and know what they’re actually doing in my opinion. Now is Fayscon that? Tbh we don’t know. But it is something to monitor.

1000% why I always keep acquiring pass rushers. Keep pressure on, you make life much easier on defense. 

• Like 3