Raiders Defense

Rolni

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The crazy thing is too, no one is ever saying the O has been perfect either. 
We are lucky to have Carlson, he is automatic. 

Some just refuse to put any blame on the D.
With how weve spent money, O needs to be better obviously, but we need to get away from bottom 5 D. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting afc west

yrds/game: 

den- 290 yrds

Sd- 349.8 yrds (18th)

kc- 356.5 yrds (20th)

us- 359.2 yrds (22nd)

pts/game:

den- 16.5

kc- 24.8 (24th)

sd- 25.3 (26th)

us- 26 (28th)

Rdz tds allowed 

den: 1

sd: 7

kc: 15

us: 16

why is kc arguably as bad as us but have a great record?

it’s almost like the afc west teams are built to score

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting afc west

yrds/game: 

den- 290 yrds

Sd- 349.8 yrds (18th)

kc- 356.5 yrds (20th)

us- 359.2 yrds (22nd)

pts/game:

den- 16.5

kc- 24.8 (24th)

sd- 25.3 (26th)

us- 26 (28th)

Rdz tds allowed 

We're the worst in the league in red zone TD percentage. Looking at those stats you posted, I mean, my god...... You get into our 20 yard line and it's almost a given you're getting 7 points. Just thinking about how all our losses were one score games, if we could just hold a TD to a FG once more a game I wonder what our record would be. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Patrick Graham is about to become Davis Mills personal job savior. 

When Houston's offense looks highly functional against us, I wonder what the excuse for Graham will be then.

I think we should double Cooks with Abram and Cle. That should do the trick, right?

17 hours ago, NickButera said:

We're the worst in the league in red zone TD percentage. Looking at those stats you posted, I mean, my god...... You get into our 20 yard line and it's almost a given you're getting 7 points. Just thinking about how all our losses were one score games, if we could just hold a TD to a FG once more a game I wonder what our record would be. 

You are definitely right but we dedicated so much to the offense you have to expect the offence to perform.  The big money spent on defense is playing well.  I know Jones catches a lot of criticism but he is doing what Graham is asking him to.  Can not complain about sack or pressure numbers when he is asked to contain or drop back into coverage as a LB.  I personally did not want to sign Jones but he is a talented player.  Maxx is worth every penny.  Excluding edge and Nichols ($4.3 million) we are spending more on our K ($4.2 million) than any other defensive player.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting afc west

yrds/game: 

den- 290 yrds

Sd- 349.8 yrds (18th)

kc- 356.5 yrds (20th)

us- 359.2 yrds (22nd)

pts/game:

den- 16.5

kc- 24.8 (24th)

sd- 25.3 (26th)

us- 26 (28th)

Rdz tds allowed 

Haha, we’re the only team to score a redzone TD against Denver? The crazy world of NFL. 

Obviously that question above is pointed, however, the real reasons we don’t have the same record is that Carr played awful the first game, Renfrow and the Defence scuppered the second game and Waller has cost us three TDs probably and one or two games. 😳😄

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You are definitely right but we dedicated so much to the offense you have to expect the offence to perform.  The big money spent on defense is playing well.  I know Jones catches a lot of criticism but he is doing what Graham is asking him to.  Can not complain about sack or pressure numbers when he is asked to contain or drop back into coverage as a LB.  I personally did not want to sign Jones but he is a talented player.  Maxx is worth every penny.  Excluding edge and Nichols ($4.3 million) we are spending more on our K ($4.2 million) than any other defensive player.

This. can’t expect major returns when you barely invest in it. The fact that all the afc west minus den isn’t doing well on defense isn’t surprising. These teams are built to out score teams not play low scoring defensive games. 

I’ve always said 21 points allowed is our average.

24-40 if the offense doesn’t help. 

10-20 if the offense is on fire.

19 hours ago, NickButera said:

Honestly the way our offense performs the only way we’d win is if we had Denver defense. (In reference to our division)

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This. can’t expect major returns when you barely invest in it. The fact that all the afc west minus den isn’t doing well on defense isn’t surprising. These teams are built to out score teams not play low scoring defensive games. 

I’ve always said 21 points allowed is our average.

24-40 if the offense doesn’t help. 

10-20 if the offense is on fire.

Part of why the Denver defense looks good is because other teams do not have to score as much to win because their O has been bad.  They are 2-4 with an offence averaging 15 points a game.  Not saying Nnamdi sucked but everyone made such a big deal about his stats and how teams would not throw at him.  When the other CB is garbage and you can just run the ball down the defense's throat to win why take the chance.

52 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Haha, we’re the only team to score a redzone TD against Denver? The crazy world of NFL. 

Obviously that question above is pointed, however, the real reasons we don’t have the same record is that Carr played awful the first game, Renfrow and the Defence scuppered the second game and Waller has cost us three TDs probably and one or two games. 😳😄

In hindsight it's unbelieveable that we didn't get some reps to our starters in preseason. A new coach/system and a difficult system to learn. Like an 8 cylinder engine that isn't firing on all cylinders yet. I think we will, just got to stack some wins as we get the Offense at full speed. 

56 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I agree with this with the exception of the Arizona game.  The offense had 90 yards in the second half (47 from a PI call) and kicked 1 FG which probably does not happen without the PI.  If you do not include the PI we averaged under 11 yards per drive.  With the PI it is still 22.5 yards and under 1 point per drive.  The entire team crapped the bed in the 2nd half.

33 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Part of why the Denver defense looks good is because other teams do not have to score as much to win because their O has been bad.  They are 2-4 with an offence averaging 15 points a game.  Not saying Nnamdi sucked but everyone made such a big deal about his stats and how teams would not throw at him.  When the other CB is garbage and you can just run the ball down the defense's throat to win why take the chance.

I agree

Raiders need to get better at safety. Harmon has been great, but he's in year 10. 

Abram is gone (hopefully by the trade deadline) and Moehrig doesn't look like he's got much moving forward. 

They really need a ball hawking playmaker back there to help out the secondary. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders need to get better at safety. Harmon has been great, but he's in year 10. 

Abram is gone (hopefully by the trade deadline) and Moehrig doesn't look like he's got much moving forward. 

Not sure about Moehrig, but Abram definitely needs to go. Sick of seeing him miss tackles and lost in coverage. Guy brings little to the table aside from energy.

Moehrig had a great rookie campaign and is still getting use to the new system. Deablo looks like problem tho. Haven't seen anything positive from him since preseason. Maybe upgrade the LB core.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

safety and linebacker are gonna be key next year 

• Like 1