Raiders Defense

Rolni

21 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He might just be a case of a young guy in a new system or maybe he does not fit the system.  Hope it is the first one and he grows into the role.

One thing I liked about gus is he didn’t try too hard just kept it simple and let the guys play. He knew he didn’t have the time or players he needed so He kept it simple. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

One thing I liked about gus is he didn’t try too hard just kept it simple and let the guys play. He knew he didn’t have the time or players he needed so He kept it simple. 

And his defense sucked. What's your point? His defense was so simplistic, team would attack it effortlessly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And his defense sucked. What's your point? His defense was so simplistic, team would attack it effortlessly. 

Weve been so bad on D for so long, I think a lot of Raider fans just cant even fathom what a good D is. 

Its easy to think well if we just score every time we win. So its easy to blame the O.
But realistically over the last 10 years, weve been a bottom 5 D more often than not. 

Every non Raider fan will tell you, if your a top 10 O, and bottom 5 D, you should work on your D.
Raider fans think, well if we beome the #1 O, maybe we will overcome the bottom 5 D.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He was literally pulling guys off the couch lol and I could be wrong iirc it was josh, Carlson and the def that got us in the playoffs down the stretch

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was literally pulling guys off the couch lol and I could be wrong iirc it was josh, Carlson and the def that got us in the playoffs down the stretch

So Winning is a QB stat, unless raiders win, then it is a team game? How many times have you told me qbs a winning stat and I’ve disagreed it’s a team stat.

Lol. 
change the narrative to whatever you’re currently discussing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

So Winning is a QB stat, unless raiders win, then it is a team game? How many times have you told me qbs a winning stat and I’ve disagreed it’s a team stat.

Lol. 
change the narrative to whatever you’re currently discussing 

No w/l always has and always will be a qb and coach stat. We all know and accept this. Real fans know the game details while history only cares about the outcome. Nice try tho 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No w/l always has and always will be a qb and coach stat. We all know and accept this. Real fans know the game details while history only cares about the outcome. Nice try tho 

So us raider fans know that a big reason why carrs overall win loss record is largely due to always having a bad defense. 
he has definitely had his fair share of brutal games, in there too. 
but he has had the worst set of Ds to throughout his career. Would be tough for anyone to be above even 500 with some of the garbage Carr Carr has been around

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

So us raider fans know that a big reason why carrs overall win loss record is largely due to always having a bad defense. 
but he has had the worst set of Ds to throughout his career. Would be tough for anyone to be above even 500 with some of the garbage Carr Carr has been around

Agree to disagree 

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree to disagree 

Lol so is it a qb star or not ? I firmly say wins are not a qb stat. 
you seem on the fence. Put losses on Carr and wins on Jacob. 

just trying to learn the thought process. 
firmly believe Jacobs ran great against Indy last year, but Carr stepping up in the pocket to hit renfrow was a big part of the win. 
do you disagree and think that that play was nothing to do with Carr or renfrow? And just the threat of Jacobs ?

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

12 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Lol so is it a qb star or not ? I firmly say wins are not a qb stat. 
you seem on the fence. Put losses on Carr and wins on Jacob. 

just trying to learn the thought process. 
firmly believe Jacobs ran great against Indy last year, but Carr stepping up in the pocket to hit renfrow was a big part of the win. 
do you disagree and think that that play was nothing to do with Carr or renfrow? And just the threat of Jacobs ?

Bro it’s Saturday relax I’ve had so many carr debates just check my historical posts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bro it’s Saturday relax I’ve had so many carr debates just check my historical posts

Hehe my problem is I get to relaxed. 
I am confident I’d be good friends with everyone on this board irl. 

I get a few drinks in me and I respond to posts clearly just trying to get a response.

I think everyone in this board is a major fan, and clearly we can disagree but we all just want a win. We’ve been bad so long that we have no clear path to getting better.

(a top 5 qb, a Better D, a better coach all would make us better)

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Not saying Carr has had great, good, or even average defenses throughout his career but his production has not been great either.  HIs situational awareness and lack of good red zone play has hurt his ability to win games just as much as his defense.  2016 he showed the ability to be clutch but still needed his defense to close out games that year.  On average he has played better than most of the players on the team but when we have needed him to carry the team he his struggled.  Jacobs has shown to be a bigger factor than Carr.

• Like 1