Raiders Defense

Rolni

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Was more so referring to next year and beyond.

Ah. Well I have zero faith in our coaching staff firstly. We lack any playmakers other than Crosby. Have too much money tied up in a rotational pass-rusher AT BEST in Chandler Jones. Have no one on the interior to provide any sort of pass rush. Our LBs stink in coverage. Little to no depth.

It's going to take an enormous overhaul yet again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ah. Well I have zero faith in our coaching staff firstly. We lack any playmakers other than Crosby. Have too much money tied up in a rotational pass-rusher AT BEST in Chandler Jones. Have no one on the interior to provide any sort of pass rush. Our LBs stink in coverage. Little to no depth.

Yeah I think we're two good off-seasons away from having a respectable defense. We really need to get better up front but committing to Chandler Jones limits our resources, one of the worst contracts in recent Raiders history.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They really need to put Jones on a pitch count, keep him fresh so he can be most effective. Issue is, they don't have any pass rush depth. 

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is where we will disagree, BP. But that play is on Graham IMO.

Cover 1 on a short field means the safety has to wait for the play to develop to know what side to cover. If it was a Cover 2, then the safety on that side would've gotten to the ball carrier before the end zone.

I'm no expert. So I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

No he was in trouble along with Farrell and Butler.

Still don’t understand why Farrell, Butler, and Ferrell were inactive. If I recall correctly they were our 3 highest graded DT’s from the game against Jacksonville.

We had Kyle Peko, Bilal Nichols, Kendall Vickers, and Andrew Billings active (presumably to focus on stopping the run) and still gave up almost 150 yards to Taylor. 

• Like 1