Raiders Defense

Rolni

On 3/28/2023 at 10:28 AM, Rolni said:

A Butler is not a NT!

All is well if you put him at UT :D

I think @NYRaider mentioned him a few times and I really hadn’t seen much. I’ve gone back and learned a bit about him and he played pretty well for that vaunted Pats D a few years ago and can definitely be a disruptive force. He’s an under the radar guy who could surprise.

The rest I’d be surprised if they are not absolutely horrible 😁

Edited by Darbsk

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I think @NYRaider mentioned him a few times and I really hadn’t seen much. I’ve gone back and learned a bit about him and he played pretty well for that vaunted Pats D a few years ago and can definitely be a disruptive force. He’s an under the radar guy who could surprise.

The rest I’d be surprised if they are not absolutely 

Odd last couple of seasons. Was a rising player for the pats, got signed by the fins where he underperformed and then got cut after being injured and then had the whole year without a club.

Could be like a Philon situation…..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reddevil said:

Odd last couple of seasons. Was a rising player for the pats, got signed by the fins where he underperformed and then got cut after being injured and then had the whole year without a club.

Could be like a Philon situation…..

I almost forgot Philon too, he was pretty good and might be worth looking at in TC…….

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

In Vic’s story today he mentioned that they(Raiders) view Facyson as a starter. Thought that was surprising 

Vic and Reed are really clueless. They have zero inside intel...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rolni said:

It's a direct quote from JMD:

“We felt like with Marcus and Robert and Brandon we might have been able to get three starters at different levels of the defense there with a corner and a linebacker and a safety,” McDaniels said Monday.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 2:17 AM, NYRaider said:

It's a direct quote from JMD:

“We felt like with Marcus and Robert and Brandon we might have been able to get three starters at different levels of the defense there with a corner and a linebacker and a safety,” McDaniels said Monday.

I missed this. Wow

Hopefully the might in the "might have been" is the key word :)

28 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I missed this. Wow

Hopefully the might in the "might have been" is the key word :)

I think it’s pretty telling that the three guys he mentioned as projected starters were the same ones that got 2 year deals. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think it’s pretty telling that the three guys he mentioned as projected starters were the same ones that got 2 year deals. 

Yeah!

Facyson has the size and also has the occational good game in his resume, so hopefully he can put it together, however it would be a big risk to count on him as a sure starter IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Yeah!

Facyson has the size and also has the occational good game in his resume, so hopefully he can put it together, however it would be a big risk to count on him as a sure starter IMO. 

I agree, IIRC he has been more of a cover 3 corner too. Should be a good camp battle at CB with Hobbs/Amik, the 3 FA, any draft picks and even the young UDFA from last year Hall/Webb 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 10:23 AM, Rolni said:

While Facyson could be the starter if he plays up to it in training camp, I see the articles being written to meet some quota and believe the writers just looked at Facyson’s contract and figured it’s more then the other guys so they must view him as the starter.  I honestly believe that’s the level of investigation and research that goes into writing articles these days.

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

While Facyson could be the starter if he plays up to it in training camp, I see the articles being written to meet some quota and believe the writers just looked at Facyson’s contract and figured it’s more then the other guys so they must view him as the starter.  I honestly believe that’s the level of investigation and research that goes into writing articles these days.

Well JMD said they view Facyson as a starter but you never know after camp I'm high on Shelley.