Raiders Defense

Rolni

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ross is only a sophomore. And just because he's a special talent, doesn't take away that Higgins is a top tier WR in his own right. 

Ross is going to garner more attention then Higgins does from defenses and opposing DC. Higgins is good. But i haven't seen that to me says hes elite. I would need to see more to say for certain as i admit i haven't exclusively watched him enough but i know I remember thinking watching a mock up of all his targets and thinking he only catches the ball in single coverage and in the rare cases he has 2 defenders near him TLaw splits them with am Absolute DIME. 

If we are picking in the late first I could live with him because he is talented. But higgins in the top 10. No thanks.

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

Hurst can get you 4-5

Key prob 5-7 

Ferrell 6-8

Mayowa 4-6

Pj hall 2-4

Rest of dline 6 haha

Projections brought to you by:

Roi34 

I'm interested to see how Gunther uses Abram, Mullens, and Joyner who are all good blitzers. 

6 hours ago, roi34 said:

Hurst can get you 4-5

Key prob 5-7 

Ferrell 6-8

Mayowa 4-6

Pj hall 2-4

Rest of dline 6 haha

Roi34 

Key is such a question mark.  I really hope he improves this year.  Hopefully he got in better shape.  He just couldn't close the deal last year.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Key is such a question mark.  I really hope he improves this year.  Hopefully he got in better shape.  He just couldn't close the deal last year.

Key and Hall are both major question marks going into the year. We need both guys to take a major step up this season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jerry said:

To me, Key looked like a guy who will be out of the league in 4 years. Nothing stood out about him, not impressed at all.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

To me, Key looked like a guy who will be out of the league in 4 years. Nothing stood out about him, not impressed at all.

He was miscast last year. He should be in a situational pass rusher role on passing down. That went out the window with the Mack trade. His role will be much more defined this season I feel.

He has a lot to offer as a pass rusher,. Buckner is a heck of a Dline coach. Hopefully he can mold him into something,

7 hours ago, roi34 said:

Hurst can get you 4-5

Key prob 5-7 

Ferrell 6-8

Mayowa 4-6

Pj hall 2-4

Rest of dline 6 haha

Roi34 

Hurst going to going to get 6-9 he only started 10 games last year and got 4.

I agree Key is going to surprise, the last 6 games of the season he started applying good pressure came so close to getting sacks and had a couple taken away by penalty down the stretch, people saying he sucks didnt really pay attention imo.

I agree on Ferrell, and Mayowa

Pj can get 4-5 I think.

18 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Pj can get 4-5 I think.

PJ is the real wild card for us. He was one of the most productive pass rushers in FCS history and has the physical tools to be great. Hopefully, the game will slow down for him this year and he can be an impact player. This is only the 3rd season he has played DT too so we should see some improvement. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roi34 said:

How about.. karl joseph for darron lee ??

Sheesh I remember when some in here were pounding the table for Lee in the 1st round in 2016. 

Id want more than just Lee for Joseph tbh. Joseph and Abram could be a good combination imo with Joyner in the slot. 

I don't know what to expect from anyone else. But i expect at least 15 sacks from Ferrell and Hurst combined. If Key, Mayowa, Hall, and rest of defense can add another 10. 

We should be a much improved defense. I like Marshall and Burfict as stop gap players they will be productive. Our DL is better. Our secondary is VASTLY improved. 

• Like 1