Raiders Defense

Rolni

On 8/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, NYRaider said:

Seems like Ethan Westbrooks is a lock to make the team. Do we carry 5 DT's? 

Well, they love Hankins and like Jelly. I agree Westbrooks sounds close to a lock. I'd be very surprised to see us move away from Hurst. PJ Hall showed up out of shape. Vanderdoes has been banged up (is he PS eligible?) and they also like that other DT, Anthony Rush.

I'd say Jelly/Hankins/Hurst are all locks. Rush is probably a PS candidate, same with Eddie if he's eligible (or I think he's gone....maybe PUP but I doubt it). With Cle and Mauro moving inside for pass-rushing downs, I doubt we roll with 5 DTs. I think Its Westbrooks vs PJ for the last spot. And right now Hall is in danger. Still plenty of time though.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Will only need 4 or 5 to do that, because I don't think anyone is capable of much more than that.

Buckner did a lot with DL in Tampa. Nassib had 6.5 after being relatively pedestrian prior to that. 

I'm not as down on our DL as I thought I was. Key looks like he has changed his body for the better. Ferrell definitely can accumulate a few, even as a rookie. Hurst had 4 sacks in ~10 games. I think he can improve on that from last year.

I see where you're coming from in that they certainly have to prove it, and I do think we'll take an end with our 1st next year, but not all hope is lost.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, big_palooka said:

Will only need 4 or 5 to do that, because I don't think anyone is capable of much more than that.

I think he and Ferrell will both finish with more then 7. Hurst will add another 5 or 6. 

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Why do you say that?

I was a HUGE Arden Key guy. Prior to the 2017 season it was him and Chubb as the top pass rushers for me. I had a late 1st early 2nd round grade on him. I thought while he didnt have the sacks last year I was very impressed by him, he make rookie mistakes that i think cost him about 5 or 6 easy sacks. I think he has the potential to be a double digit sack guy for us.

Key 10.5 sacks

Ferrell 8 sacks

Hurst 6 sacks

Edited by OG_C2X

12 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I was a HUGE Arden Key guy. Prior to the 2017 season it was him and Chubb as the top pass rushers for me. I had a late 1st early 2nd round grade on him. I thought while he didnt have the sacks last year I was very impressed by him, he make rookie mistakes that i think cost him about 5 or 6 easy sacks. I think he has the potential to be a double digit sack guy for us.

Key 10.5 sacks

Ferrell 8 sacks

Hurst 6 sacks

Ferrell gets 8 sacks, I'll buy you a steak dinner lol