Raiders Defense

Rolni

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

This has been something I have noticed from Carr most of his career.  He is frustrating to watch when we are up but an assassin when we are down and it is close.  I am not sure how the stats play out but it is how I remember it.

I am not making the direct comparison, but Stabler was also at his best when our back was against the wall. I think this is more of a team personality thing rather than a Carr-thing.

We are like the boxer that is clearly winning the fight who starts show-boating and his opponent catches him with a hay-maker and the contest is back in the mix again. Not the perfect analogy but as a team we need to learn how, when we have our opponent on the ropes, to finish them off. To be clear I am not complaining about the team, 3-2 into the bye is amazing considering what Raiders teams have been like of recent years.

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

LB Deone Bucannon would be an interest signing. As you know our LB depth is iffy, Bucannon would be cheap and add speed to our unit. Still think our defense needs to be faster. Morrow has been solid, Deone be good depth behind him 

Definitely worth consideration. Given how few LBs we carried going into the season and then Lee's injury and Burfict's suspension, I think we need to be looking at any LB who is cut to see if they can add depth or upgrade our corps or any low-pick trade.

With that having been said, I think Morrow and Whitehead have really stepped up given they are playing nearly every snap in nickel. However, my bigger worry is that we are one injury to one of those two away from starting Dakota Allen or Justin Phillips - both have potential, but shouldn't be starting (at least yet).

On 10/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, NYRaider said:

If we drafted Winovich, we wouldn't have drafted Maxx Crosby.

Could really use Winovich's 4 sacks right about now.  I typically never pound the table for players, but I knew he was going to be good.  Hate that we didn't pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Could really use Winovich's 4 sacks right about now.  I typically never pound the table for players, but I knew he was going to be good.  Hate that we didn't pull the trigger.

Prob have 2 with us lol

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was going to say that, our blitz package is whatever 

I felt like couple blitzes vs green Bay got in... But that we only blitzed few times. Atleast if we blitzed and gave up big plays I'd understand.