Jaguars hire John DeFlippo as OC

.Buzz

It's a very curious move and Doug gave a non-answer answer when asked about JDF throwing a lot in Minny vs Doug's philosophy of wanting to run the football. Basically said he's got the headset and can dictate if he sees something he doesn't like.

2 hours ago, Speedyg said:

It's a very curious move and Doug gave a non-answer answer when asked about JDF throwing a lot in Minny vs Doug's philosophy of wanting to run the football. Basically said he's got the headset and can dictate if he sees something he doesn't like.

Cook was hurt and they have Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph. I'm not too worried about that. 

44 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Much preferred to Bevell or Mccoy. Lets see how this goes. 

I think I'd prefer Bevell for the rookie QB reasons, but DeFlippo is definitely a forward looking mind. He's new age, definitely something we could use/something I didn't expect.

42 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

im indifferent on it.  this entire staff seems like crap so im expecting a crap result and a Clean sweep from Coughlin down to the towel boy. 

i will say that i would prefer going with McCown over foles if your doing links to guys tho. 

Someone like McCown would basically just mean you're drafting a guy high, and think you might need a vet to throw in for the first few games and want that short-term safety net just in case the rookie is looking a bit overwhelmed in camp.  You can't even look at that type of QB in the same light as what they'd prospectively be looking at Foles for.  With Foles, we're talking like...the team bringing him in is probably going to have to pay substantially, and commit financially to make him pretty much the default starter for a term.  Different ballgames entirely.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Someone like McCown would basically just mean you're drafting a guy high, and think you might need a vet to throw in for the first few games and want that short-term safety net just in case the rookie is looking a bit overwhelmed in camp.  You can't even look at that type of QB in the same light as what they'd prospectively be looking at Foles for.  With Foles, we're talking like...the team bringing him in is probably going to have to pay substantially, and commit financially to make him pretty much the default starter for a term.  Different ballgames entirely.

u wanna talk the cost of foles. your looking at having to most likely trade for him on the tag so your looking atleast a 2nd rounder  just to have foles and honestly foles would be a younger bridge qb because foles is very inconsistent. he could be the eagles version or he can very well be the that rams version.  

much better to sign mccown for 8 or so million and draft a qb early then spend 20 and a 2nd for foles. 

Archived