Jaguars hire John DeFilippo as OC

pwny

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jags setting themselves up to make a Run/Pitch at signing Nick Foles. Only question in my mind is will it be as a FA or Trade?

The Jags acquiring Foles leaves the Giants wide open to grab Haskins, barring a spectacular Miami or Denver trade up.

I like this hire, but the Jaguars need a QB. He's a great passing game schemer. His weakness is the running game. I expect Marrone should be able to help in that area. The only question will be if Marrone tries to micromanage him like Zimmer did.

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hard to believe fans here were clamoring for this guy to be their HC this time last year. Dude was so predictably overrated. He had as much to do with Wentz/Foles success as the brand of underwear they wore. 

I’ll take “What Evidence You Could Possibly Have to Back That Statement Up” for 100 Alex! 

He could have more success in Jax than he did in Minnesota.  It has been speculated that he was calling plays in such a way that he was more auditioning for his next move to be a head coach than he was to actually win games.  The chances are that he won't have any head coaching offers for a while, so maybe now he can just settle in and put together a good offense.  

It didn't work out for him with the Vikings, but I still wish him luck in Jacksonville. 

Archived