πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Umm guys, can you please stop talking about Dallas? It's kind of embarrassing how much they're in our heads. We clearly have nothing to talk about with the Cowboys. There's literally no reason. There's been no reason at all. And no reason to believe they won't repeat as Super Bowl Champs.

What a BS suspension. Makes me not want to watch the NFL. Pretty Anti-American if you ask me, the guy was found innocent by detectives/prosecuting attorney and your now not allowing him to work?Β 

I also don't get why what you do outside of work unless its a threat to the public should ever effect your work. Seems like this has Β the fascist left written all over it.Β 

Β 

Edited by Bednarik60

I do agree that once the NFL started acting like a quasi-judiciary they started down this slippery slope. It's easy to laugh at Zeke and the Cowboys because they're a rival, but I do think it's a bit questionable when the NFL decides to take matters into their own hands. I don't mind the NFL attempting to protect its brand, but they seem to be acting out of a sense of justice which really isn't their role, if anything, because they aren't very good at it, which is plainly obvious. There's no reversing course now, that much is certain.

• Like 1

The part that really bugs me is essentially the league said "We know she lied about you hitting her and we know she lied about some of the bruises. But you cant prove that she lied about ALL her bruises"... Which is crazy. Its not Zekes job to follow her around 24/7 and document each and every thing she does.Β 

The NFLΒ 

1 hour ago, Phire said:

I do agree that once the NFL started acting like a quasi-judiciary they started down this slippery slope. It's easy to laugh at Zeke and the Cowboys because they're a rival, but I do think it's a bit questionable when the NFL decides to take matters into their own hands. I don't mind the NFL attempting to protect its brand, but they seem to be acting out of a sense of justice which really isn't their role, if anything, because they aren't very good at it, which is plainly obvious. There's no reversing course now, that much is certain.

Exactly. It's not their role.Β 

The real justice would of been Zeke going to jail after a trial etc, if the investigation-detectivesΒ Β and prosecuting attorneyΒ had deemed it worthy of going to trial. but there wasn't, justice was served. If there was anything minutely provable that he assault her, they would of taken him to trial.Β 

So basically the NFL is they are saying the work that the local justice department and police put in, is worthless and they don't care cause it wasn't what they wanted.

Police Β and prosecuting attorneys all over the country, red , blue, white, black, whatever color state, all are trying to take domestic violence very serious these days. He would of been charged most likely if there was something to charge.Β 

and its pretty obvious what they want right now. They need/want a martyr for domestic violence, cause the left in America is pandering for it so hard from every major company or millionaire-billionaire entities . ThΒ NFL in a era of dying ratings with young people,Β Β is pandering right back to the left, asking for acceptance, "Mellennials please we will do anything!!!! ANYTHING DONT LEAVE US!! YOU WANT US TO SUSPEND OUR 3rd BEST PLAYER FOR YOU IN THE NAME OF WOMEN'S RIGHTS!!!!? "Β 

Could they be any more pathetic and try any harder.Β 

Β 

Let me guess Zekes "victim" and "all the victims of domestic violence" will get a moment of silence on opening day. Β wait for it... wait for it.....Β 

Edited by Bednarik60

I understand where you guys are coming from. And I agree that the NFL has a really bad track record with how they handle punishments.

But a counter argument to β€œhe was innocent in the courts” is if you considered the OJ Simpson case today.

Obviously, Zeke’s case is very different (the suspension for the domestic violence investigation alone isn’t justified in light of the publicly available facts. I think the NFL won’t admit it but I think the other stuff off the field is what led to 6 games). I’m mentioning OJ Simpson being allowed to walk despite a lot of overwhelming evidence. If he was an active player today and his case played out, what would you have the NFL do?

The way I look at it is that the NFL is a private organization. They are well within their rights to suspend or remove someone at their will so long as they are within the limits of the law.

For example, I have plentyΒ of friends who’ve worked in the private sector for a company where simply sleeping with an intern will lead to an automatic suspension and a warning that doing it again would lead to termination. That person wouldn’t have brokenΒ the law. They just broke the company’s own code of conduct and rules. Those companies aren’t even hiring people for high profile jobs. And their employees aren’t makingΒ millions of dollars and in the public eye.

I also used to work for the government. There are definitely things you could have done in the past, things you couldΒ do in the hiring process, and things you could do while employed that could be perfectly legal but also result in either not getting the job or being terminated.Β 

Edited by RollEagles

I agree that the NFL has the power to do this. But taxpayers also subsidize the NFL in staggering amounts so it's not completely accurate that the NFL is aΒ private entity, but that's sort of a side point. I can see the NFL side of it. I read the letter they sent to Zeke and in it, they recognized that there wasn't a conviction. They went on to explain that they have higher standards. I think that's fine. But the problem is... what is that standard? The NFL can't seem to figure it out.

I think it's perfectly legitimate for an entity to punish employees for things that aren't necessarily against the law. The example of sleeping with an intern, for example. But that's assuming the proper authorities actually have evidence that such conduct occurred. When you have a criminal conviction you can be pretty confident that the person acted in accordance with the action that they are accused of.Β 

But from what I can gather, we don't even know for sure if Zeke did what he's being accused of. So back to the intern example, should someone be punished over an accusation? I think it's one thing to have slept with the intern for sure and another to be accused of it. And the NFL again seemed cognizant of this in its letter to Zeke. So what it seems like is... we're punishing you for what you might have done. It's not as clear cut as the Ray Rice example where you have conduct on video. If you're going to punish someone for something they might have done, or even could have done... I don't know, that should be a pretty high bar.

Yeah, I agree the Zeke suspension for the domestic violenceΒ accusationΒ alone isn’t justified.

Like I mentioned, I don’t think the NFL wouldΒ ever admit it but my hunchΒ is that this is consideringΒ all of the other off the field problems Zeke’s had.

21 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

sleeping with an intern

SHES MY CHERRY PIE!!!! COOL DRINK OF WATER SUCH A SWEET SURPRISE! SWEET CHERRY PIE!!Β 

giphy.gif

tumblr_o9ws4esVLo1v6h6rvo5_r1_500.gif

Β 

Morning Strip Club DJ: Coming down to stage 3! Alexus! The naughty intern of every businessman's dreams, Alexus!!!!! alright!!! give it up for Alexus!!Β 

Edited by Bednarik60

3 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

I'm glad to we need a unfair anti american suspension to take place to be competitive in our division and you guys think that is cool.... ¬¬ a lot to be thrilled about, we suck so bad, we need the league to get involved to save us. 

Β 

I actually thought he wasn't going to be punished at all because he didn't really do anything. Was really shocked they gave him 6 games.Β