πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

This is a new year. Those teams aren’t playing like they were last year. Giants have played 4 of the bottom 6 offenses for the year and GB, who admittedly is a really good win for them. It was also in London and GB isn’t performing at Rodgers standard as of yet. I think the Giants and Cowboys are taking care of business on bad offenses. Not to discredit them but I expect some averaging out soon. Cowboys have played some bigger names but they haven’t been performing to their abilities. Cincy is having the SB loser fallout and the Rams are a shell of themselves with that OL. As usual teams will reveal themselves over time. The Giants are wearing a mask right now. Time will pull it off. The Cowboys might be headed for the playoffs if Dak can improve the offense when he gets back. If not, they will start losing games. They are performing over their head right now. The defense can’t sustain the offense the whole year. It’ll crumble. Just my take.Β 

I mean this is the conundrum with such early season observations. Sure those teams have had some turnover from last year but not so drastically much they are instantly no longer contenders. Then you're taking a 4 game span and using that to quantify who is and who isn't good this year?

Going into the season if your opening schedule was against the Bucs, Bengals, and Rams you'd have gulped.

14 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Going into the season if your opening schedule was against the Bucs, Bengals, and Rams you'd have gulped.

People did gulp. We looking at things now but all offseason long the conversations were quite different.Β 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I mean this is the conundrum with such early season observations. Sure those teams have had some turnover from last year but not so drastically much they are instantly no longer contenders. Then you're taking a 4 game span and using that to quantify who is and who isn't good this year?

Yes, of course. That was a gulp worthy schedule. That’s what pre season SoS is built off of. But obviously, things change. Things people didn’t expect are happening. Even for us, which was an easy schedule to begin with got even easier. Tennessee and Indy looked tough before the year. Now not so much. Β But we live in the now. For example I’ve watched at least a couple Ram games this year. That line is awful. Stafford can’t run an offense behind them. I’d be surprised if they get to 8 wins. SB champs to 8 wins. You get that kind of shift sometimes year to year in the NFL.Β 

4 hours ago, ACO said:

People did gulp. We looking at things now but all offseason long the conversations were quite different.Β 

It's because,Β  people forget every season is different.Β 

None of those teams are 2021 versions of themselves. They all suck for various reason in 2022 mostly injury related and or abysmal OL proection.Β 

The whole 6 teams in 6 teams out of the playoffs that seems to occur every single season is playing out yet again.Β  Just with unexpected teams. Couple, listed above probably.Β  πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

The whole 6 teams in 6 teams out of the playoffs that seems to occur every single season is playing out yet again.Β  Just with unexpected teams. Couple, listed above probably.Β  πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Of course. And there will be team on a hot streak early that crash and burns and a team people wrote off will go on a tear and sneak into the playoffs. It happens every year and we always act surprised when it does.Β 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Damn. It’s almost like Ron knows it’s over already. Whether that was a slip or not, that’s devastating to your team. QB change coming soon.Β 

Rivera is passing the blame. Knows he's basically a lame duck HC in waiting. Not like he'd take responsibility for his piss poor defense and under achieving 1st rd superstars they supposedly have.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Danger said:

Would you rather.Β 

Carson Wentz

or Cooper Rush

how the mighty have fallen LOL

He'd rather have every other defense in the NFCE I believe.Β 

Not defending Wentz's yet again late game INT blunder but the playcalling inside that 1st and goal possesion they had was horrendous as well.

Before that pick he was

25/38 for 358 2TD 105Rtg

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

This is good and could be even better if Gannon ends up getting a HC job and Vic seamlessly transitions in as the DC next year.Β 

12 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

This is good and could be even better if Gannon ends up getting a HC job and Vic seamlessly transitions in as the DC next year.Β 

So under Fangio's system what are we looking at?Β 

EDGE: Sweat, Reddick
NT: Jordan Davis
DI: Hargrave, FA/Draft Pick
LB: Edwards, White/Dean