πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I'm telling you, follow Diamonas lead, Choose the Ignore button and enjoy the silence! It's Glorious!🍺🍺

Β 

PS: When He who is not to be named responds to this post, please don't quote him because I truly don't care! Thanks.Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

https://theathletic.com/1063810/2019/07/15/an-analytical-deep-dive-into-what-the-cowboys-have-in-qb-dak-prescott/?source=dailyemail

After reading this article in The Athletic (pay site) i've come to the conclusion that Dak is really just a more healthy Sam Bradford with more mobility.

What say you @Matts4313?

PM me the article, I dont have access.

I dont see the comp to Sam Bradford off the top of my head. I still havent seen anything to disprove my theory that he is a less athletic, more clutch Alex Smith. I still believe he is top 10 capable (probably closer to #15 right now) and a clear franchise QB.Β 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

PM me the article, I dont have access.

I dont see the comp to Sam Bradford off the top of my head. I still havent seen anything to disprove my theory that he is a less athletic, more clutch Alex Smith. I still believe he is top 10 capable (probably closer to #15 right now) and a clear franchise QB.Β 

Fun fact, he actually used Alex Smith as a comp in his article. Nothing about clutch though, If I were to sum up the article he basically says he does well in the system he's asked to play in but unsure if he can exceed that system as the sample size is too small and the numbers aren't in his favor.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Fun fact, he actually used Alex Smith as a comp in his article. Nothing about clutch though, If I were to sum up the article he basically says he does well in the system he's asked to play in but unsure if he can exceed that system as the sample size is too small and the numbers aren't in his favor.

Alex Smith is a pretty accurate comparison.

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Read it. Mostly agreed with it. It (not surprisingly) said a lot of the same things I did. Dak's regression for a period coincided with terrible OL/WR/Play calling. Its fair to critique both Dak and the play calling for a few of those stats (lack of deep field throws/screens on 3rd downs).Β 

Interestingly enough one of the first things Kellen Moore said after OTA's was "Daks deep ball has improved dramatically" when the reporter asked 'whats changed' Moore responded "Well, for one, we now actually practice throwing it deep". Which I think tells you a lot about Scott Linehans previous influence.Β 

Time will tell which was the bigger limiting factor - coaching or Daks conservative nature; which as I said is a fair critique of Dak. Otherwise the article was pretty flattering, discussed his above average decision making, accuracy, toughness, legs, etc.Β 

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I honestly see a lot ofΒ McNabb in him.Β 

Could see that a little

A better teammate, worse quarterback than Donny

It's tough to find a 1to1 match. Cause so many of these guys had full careers to adjust and grow.

Dak currently is not great at some higher end QB things, but he certainly could develop some of that like Alex Smith and Donny did.

McNabb was better at this stage of his career than Dak, more dynamic dual threat option and (while limited from what he'd become) a better thrower.

I think both Smith and McNabb are along the right track though, safe QBs with athleticism to pick up yards.Β 
Β 

12 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Hopefully he has good ole Donny’s playoff mishapsΒ (aka flameouts against inferior teams)

Donny hadΒ those bubblinΒ guts when things got tight. He can have that part. But we did get playoff Romo for years. Can’t be too greedy.Β 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

McNabb was better at this stage of his career than Dak, more dynamic dual threat option and (while limited from what he'd become) a better thrower.

I was curious so I looked it up. It Took McNabb 4 years to play 48 games, but here are his stats:

932/1639 -Β 57%Β  -Β 9,835 yards - 71 TDs - 38 ints - Β 79 QB rating - 1884 rushing yards - 14 TDs

975/1475 - 66 % - 10876 yards - 67 tds - 25 ints - 96 QB rating - 944 rushing yards - 18 tds

Should be noted that some of the rules for passing were changing during those early Donovan years. But even compared to his peers, McNabb was not an accomplished passer.Β 

Β 

42 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Hopefully he has good ole Donny’s playoff mishapsΒ (aka flameouts against inferior teams)

Β 

28 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Donny hadΒ those bubblinΒ guts when things got tight. He can have that part. But we did get playoff Romo for years. Can’t be too greedy.Β 

Daks got ice veins, so thats not an issue.Β 

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I was curious so I looked it up. It Took McNabb 4 years to play 48 games, but here are his stats:

932/1639 -Β 57%Β  -Β 9,835 yards - 71 TDs - 38 ints - Β 79 QB rating - 1884 rushing yards - 14 TDs

975/1475 - 66 % - 10876 yards - 67 tds - 25 ints - 96 QB rating - 944 rushing yards - 18 tds

Should be noted that some of the rules for passing were changing during those early Donovan years. But even compared to his peers, McNabb was not an accomplished passer.Β 

Β 

I’m surprised you’re not that surprised it’s so close when combining it all.Β 

McNabb: 85 TDs 11,719 yds 31 winsΒ 

Dak: 85 TDs 11,820 yds 32 winsΒ 

It’s creepily 100 yds and a win that separate them.Β 

McNabb was far more the dual threat for sure in his younger years. And passing is entirely easier than what it was. Now that passing is more efficient across the board, those two are highly comparable. If only for their production. Of course you’re going to see completion and interception rate hike up 15 years in the future with how the game has changed.Β