πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

good for Smith, good player.

But yeah, signing the least important position first is a pretty Jones family move.

"Sorry fellas, just not enough to give you that deal no more."

Wonder if Zeke will take his comments about Smith as a shot.

'he's loyal, he always shows up, never misses...'

......We signed Smith not Elliot

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Fine there ya go @Kiltman

Oh he beat out Vinny Testaverde?!?Β 

haha, noΒ they are good stats for Dak.

I'm still interested in a full list on it, like who are the otherΒ teams. And comparing other top guys in their first 3 years. I think the latter will make Dak look good too

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

......We signed Smith not Elliot

haha, Who?

But yeah LB is also a so-so use of resources. But it's a solid deal to get him under.Β 
I'd be slightly be keeping an eye on the Jones' family tradition of signing guys like this, loyal "true Cowboys". They need to spend in other positions.

have Dak, Zeke, Cooper and Jones still, and none of them seem to want to hear "hometown discount"

seen a lot of talk about how it’s not Jerry’s first rodeo, that he got emmitt smith to sign. Key difference being that he doesn’t have a super bowl winning roster,Β a HoF QB and HoF wideout to leverage against. ZekeΒ is the team, he knows it.Β 

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

seen a lot of talk about how it’s not Jerry’s first rodeo, that he got emmitt smith to sign. Key difference being that he doesn’t have a super bowl winning roster,Β a HoF QB and HoF wideout to leverage against. ZekeΒ is the team, he knows it.Β 

Agreed. I see a lot of people saying Zeke doesn't have any leverage. There's no reason the Cowboys shouldn't go 3-0 to start off the season. If they lose any of those games, especially to a rival, everyone will see just how much leverage Zeke has.

Zeke signs: Great for us. Jerry overextended himself to a position of small return for your money. Thus, creating a financial decision down the line that may mean the subtraction of a more valuable piece.Β 

Zeke is traded/holds out all year: Great for us. We don’t have to deal with a guy that routinely kills us. And a major leg that holds up Dak is gone.Β 

• Like 1