πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I would add Press Taylor to the firing requestΒ 

Saw one of the beats on twitter pointed out how Defilippo used to be super hard on Carson and contrasting that to a more peer relationship with Β Press. I do remember hearing how demanding Flip was of him.Β 

6 hours ago, RBreezy said:

It’s unreal that he still has a job. There’s way too much loyalty in this organizationΒ 

That was a frustrating part of the Reid era. Players/coaches that clearly sucked were allowed to keep their jobs for way too long. Unfortunately, it looks like Dougie carried over that trait.

• Like 1

You guys ready for a backwards *** thought. @RBreezy will love this one.....

I wouldn't hate if Groh was fired and Staley replaced him in the interim. Gives Staley a vote of confidence and a shot to see what he's got without completely offending him if we bring in an outsider in the offseason. It also guarantees more of a focus on the run game for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I wouldn't hate if Groh was fired and Staley replaced him in the interim. Gives Staley a vote of confidence and a shot to see what he's got without completely offending him if we bring in an outsider in the offseason. It also guarantees more of a focus on the run game for the rest of the season.

The only problem I could see with that, creates a bit of bad blood when you kick him back down to RB Coach next year

Though I suppose you could hire a guy to be a new role and passing coordinatorΒ 

Are we sure Duce would be a good OC?Β 

I'm not even sure he's a great RBs coach, judging by how he rotates that unit thus far.....I don't know.Β 

I really miss Frank Reich. Dudes a fantastic coach and was clearly the Mastermind of 2017's SB offense.Β 

Doug needs to bring in a well known offensive mind. Do something like what Baltimore did by bringing in Roman as their OC. Look at how that's paid off for them. Dude has built the perfect offense around Lamar Jackson.

I think if we replace Groh with an outsider (tired of these in-house promotions) and shore up the WR spot by bringing in two vets this offseason, our offense will be what it was supposed to be this year.Β 

AJ Green would be a fantastic signing. If not him, then Sanders would be ideal also. Then maybe a low risk high reward guy like DeVante Parker or something.Β 

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Not a bad idea, they might as well see what Staley can bring to the table in that role. I honestly don’t think he’s anything special as a coach though. He makes bizarre decisions with the RB rotationsΒ 

19 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

i really want greg ward to be a good player man. i need something from this group to be excited about.

I respect him a lot man,Β he’s been grinding Β for years on the practice squad it seems. The guy was a gamer in college, it’s be nice to see him carve out a solid roleΒ 

13 hours ago, baconrad11 said:

Are we sure Duce would be a good OC?Β 

I'm not even sure he's a great RBs coach, judging by how he rotates that unit thus far.....I don't know.Β 

I really miss Frank Reich. Dudes a fantastic coach and was clearly the Mastermind of 2017's SB offense.Β 

Doug needs to bring in a well known offensive mind. Do something like what Baltimore did by bringing in Roman as their OC. Look at how that's paid off for them. Dude has built the perfect offense around Lamar Jackson.

I think if we replace Groh with an outsider (tired of these in-house promotions) and shore up the WR spot by bringing in two vets this offseason, our offense will be what it was supposed to be this year.Β 

AJ Green would be a fantastic signing. If not him, then Sanders would be ideal also. Then maybe a low risk high reward guy like DeVante Parker or something.Β 

Nope, there's really not much certainty in the NFL but why not roll the dice.

I also agree with your "Bring in a well known mind" after the season is over, I just don't think there are any readily available this year. Maybe we get a head coach firing that would make a great OC, that said there are a lot of defensive coaches in the league. Would Jay Gruden move the needle? How about Bill O'Brien? I don't think there's any more Shanahan or Schottenheimer kids running around in the NFL

Edited by Hockey5djh

5 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I would be fine giving Duce a shot if they thought he was ready. Guy knows the franchise well and our RBs seem to get decent play even when they are terrible, unlike our WRs.

The only thing that makes Duece attractive is the same exact thing that got Groh the OC, familiarity with Doug's system. He's no more guaranteed to succeed then Groh was.

What this Offense needs is a Fresh perspective. Someone to bring new ideas and challenge Pederson to do the same. No innovation, no rythm,Β  rhyme to the madness, nothing remotely on par with the play calling from 2017. Now is that all driven by Personnel, maybe but the play calling or lack there of has been atrocious since Reich left. It's like he took all of it to Indy and Doug's sitting around like Coach Klein from the Waterboy without his Playbook?

Waiting for Carson to be some kind of Bobby Boucher to save the day!

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah, giant no to Duce. I'm done with familiar faces and loyalty hires/promotions/signings. Can't believe anybody would deem that even slightly acceptable.

Context my man. If you're firing Groh midseason the only really likely scenario is an internal promotion until the end of the season.