πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, nlesthought said:

If some team comes calling to get ahead of Miami/LAC for a QB you're saying he won't?

That spot seems like a prime position to trade back and still get the defensive player he covets.Β Β 

He could have traded down the year they took Saquon and he wouldn't even take phone calls about the pick.Β  He's an idiot.

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He could have traded down the year they took Saquon and he wouldn't even take phone calls about the pick.Β  He's an idiot.

He's a loose cannon for sure.Β  Who knows what he'll do at #4 this year.Β  I'm sure he'd love to get Chase Young, but the Redskins won't let that happen I don't think.

I hear from Giants fans he loves to draft the big guys early, so probably he'll stick and go OL.

1 minute ago, TDTimes said:

He's a loose cannon for sure.Β  Who knows what he'll do at #4 this year.Β  I'm sure he'd love to get Chase Young, but the Redskins won't let that happen I don't think.

I hear from Giants fans he loves to draft the big guys early, so probably he'll stick and go OL.

tbh. Wirfs or that Wills seems like Gettleman picks.Β 

(Wills is overrated IMO js)

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Okay? This all seems pretty obvious. The big rumor has been over the length of contract. Dallas wants a ~7 year contract. Dak wants a ~4 year deal so that he can renegotiate after the next CBA.

We can question the validity of any report and for good reason but report states the contract stalled, when everyoneΒ had the contract all but done, because Dak upped his price from 33M to who knows.Β Β I don’t know what one can argue about that.Β 

19 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We can question the validity of any report and for good reason but report states the contract stalled, when everyoneΒ had the contract all but done, because Dak upped his price from 33M to who knows.Β Β I don’t know what one can argue about that.Β 

Again, I feel like you are stating the obvious at the exclusion of what I said. The argument might not be more pure AAV, but more GTD money. The term of the contract. The structure. The bonus opportunities.

There are a million components to a contract aside from simply "he wanted more AAV". Or who knows, maybe they have agreed on everything else exactly (nope) and its simply a debate of $33m v $35m.Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Again, I feel like you are stating the obvious at the exclusion of what I said. The argument might not be more pure AAV, but more GTD money. The term of the contract. The structure. The bonus opportunities.

There are a million components to a contract aside from simply "he wanted more AAV". Or who knows, maybe they have agreed on everything else exactly (nope) and its simply a debate of $33m v $35m.Β 

As much conjecture as you can add I think it can certainly be as simple as 33 v 35.Β 
Β 

-I have better stats than player X and he makes 35. I want 36.Β 
Β 

-WeΒ can only give you 33.Β 
Β 

-Ok, no deal.Β 

I think that Dak can easily make it that easy for them. Of course there are dozens of components to a contract but I think his agent is not a dumb person. I’m sure it would be pretty clear that he wouldn’t take a 35M a year deal with little guaranteed. He’s been healthy, wins games and has good stats. Besides playoff success, he’s got all the leverage in the world. He should be getting a sound contract with a lot of money; total, AAV and guaranteed. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be breaking money records. The looming Mahomes contract will just inflate it more. The Cowboys either make Dak the man this year or watch him walk. (Or trade him)Β 

Dak, one way or another is probably getting close to 30M this year, Amari assuming they bring him back is at least at 15M this year IMO.Β 

77M - 45M leaves them with 28, 7-8M worth going to Rookies. So about 20-25 Million to fill out the rest of the roster depending on how they break down the money. That'd mean Byron Jones and Robert Quinn are both not resigned with that either.

They do gain 8M from cutting Crawford.

On OTC, assuming they go that route, Franchise Dak, resign Cooper (15M cap hit year 1). it comes to 43M, would they opt to retain Jones and/or Quinn?Β 

Quinn's valuation is ~12M a year, and I don't think they'd look to backload that one. We'll call that 13M year 1.Β 
Using Xavien Howard's contract as a sort of base point for Byron Jones, He's about 13M as well.

Edited by Danger

30 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

As much conjecture as you can add I think it can certainly be as simple as 33 v 35.Β 
Β 

-I have better stats than player X and he makes 35. I want 36.Β 
Β 

-WeΒ can only give you 33.Β 
Β 

-Ok, no deal.Β 

I think that Dak can easily make it that easy for them. Of course there are dozens of components to a contract but I think his agent is not a dumb person. I’m sure it would be pretty clear that he wouldn’t take a 35M a year deal with little guaranteed. He’s been healthy, wins games and has good stats. Besides playoff success, he’s got all the leverage in the world. He should be getting a sound contract with a lot of money; total, AAV and guaranteed. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be breaking money records. The looming Mahomes contract will just inflate it more. The Cowboys either make Dak the man this year or watch him walk. (Or trade him)Β 

Well. I disagree with you pretty strongly that it is as simple as AAV. I feel that it is absolutely the length of the contract at play. Even Dak himself said when asked why he didnt sign at $32m/yr said "It was the devil in the details" - hinting it wasnt AAV, but other factors of the contract.Β 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dak, one way or another is probably getting close to 30M this year, Amari assuming they bring him back is at least at 15M this year IMO.Β 

77M - 45M leaves them with 28, 7-8M worth going to Rookies. So about 20-25 Million to fill out the rest of the roster depending on how they break down the money. That'd mean Byron Jones and Robert Quinn are both not resigned with that either.

They do gain 8M from cutting Crawford.

77-45 = 32Β ;)

But I think those are pretty fair assessments, along with Crawford likely being cut.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Well. I disagree with you pretty strongly that it is as simple as AAV. I feel that it is absolutely the length of the contract at play. Even Dak himself said when asked why he didnt sign at $32m/yr said "It was the devil in the details" - hinting it wasnt AAV, but other factors of the contract.Β 

77-45 = 32Β ;)

But I think those are pretty fair assessments, along with Crawford likely being cut.

Anywho, I'm only really focused on what their cap situation would be this year. I edited my post again with some more bits.

If you resigned Byron Jones and/or Robert Quinn (lets just say both), You guys are left with about 17M in space, 7 of which goes to rookies. 10M to spend elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Anywho, I'm only really focused on what their cap situation would be this year. I edited my post again with some more bits.

If you resigned Byron Jones and/or Robert Quinn (lets just say both), You guys are left with about 17M in space, 7 of which goes to rookies. 10M to spend elsewhere.

I dont think we will keep either. Take the 3rd round comp each.