πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

8 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's nearly a lock the Skins draft a QB with their 1st round pick? Why would Ron not waste any time signing with a team with the worst QB in the division? My guess is Haskins is this offseasons Rosen.

If anything Rivera might be the answer for Haskins, he's basically a less Mobile Cam Newton. Size, arm strength, inability to be accurate.

No way they or Rivera waste that 1st rd pick without bringing in a OC willing to make it work or at least attempt too? Nor should they.

Unless Cam follows Rivera to DC?

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Three meetings to tell someone he won't have a job next year is.... interesting. Could all be song and dance from the Cowboys part just trying to stay relevant in anyway the possibly can since they can't do it on the football field.

Where you apart of any internal discussions? Cause I am curious as to how you knew what the topics of the meetings were.Β 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

here you apart of any internal discussions? Cause I am curious as to how you knew what the topics of the meetings were.Β 

I never claimed to know what the content of the meetings were.... I am saying that presumably if you are correctΒ that Garrett will be out of a job, it is going to take at least three meetings at the minimum. Pretty clearly they haven't had two meetings sitting around telling Garrett he is out of a job already. They are surely discussing something relevant towards his job this past season or in the future though. What I am implying is that there is still a possibilityΒ they could want to keep him around next year(again speculation since you are struggling to read between the lines). If they had already made their decision toΒ move on from him, wouldn't it be much more cordial to tell him now so he can start looking for work immediately? Especially since he has been there for nearly 10 years.... Unless what I said in the second sentence has some merit and this is Jerry Jones grasping at attention which clearly wouldn't be out of character.

Also the fact that I use the word "Could" at the start of the next sentence directly implies speculation in the English language.

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

f they had already made their decision toΒ move on from him, wouldn't it be much more cordial to tell him now so he can start looking for work immediately?

Curious as to how you know they havent? Garrett is like a stepson to Jerry. Pretty sure he knows.Β 

This is what I wrote in the Cowboys forum:

Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Its like the entire internet cant see the facts. Lets review:

• After the last game he spent 5 more hours on the field by himself with friends and family throwing the ball
  • Gave an impassioned "good bye" to the team
  • Told all the other coaches to start looking for new jobs
  • Today after meeting gave goodbyes/exchanged information with staffers
  • Has a contract that is very rapidly expiring

Β 

Does that sound like a guy who will be coachingΒ here next season? Seriously, just need have patiences. Garrett is part of the Jones 'family', he is going to be treated with 100% class on the way out.Β 

Β 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Curious as to how you know they havent? Garrett is like a stepson to Jerry. Pretty sure he knows.Β 

So they told Garrett he is gone and instead of letting him pursue a new coaching job and getting a jump start on their HC search they decide to keep it all in house for.... what reason exactly? Also, before you claim all the above is happening right now and they are just sitting on Garrett, there would 100% be leaks of the information getting around. Way too many moving parts and people involved in this stuff that none of this would leak.Β I get that we are speculating here, and obviously the outcome of this is likely Garrett is gone, but lets live in reality here.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So they told Garrett he is gone

I think he's known for a while.Β 

and instead of letting him pursue a new coaching job and getting a jump start on their HC search they decide to keep it all in house for.... what reason exactly?

I dont think he is going to pursue a new coaching job right now. If Garrett wanted to be gone right now, he would have pushed the issue. Most HC take sabbaticals.Β 

Also, before you claim all the above is happening right now and they are just sitting on Garrett, there would 100% be leaks of the information getting around. Way too many moving parts and people involved in this stuff that none of this would leak.Β I get that we are speculating here, and obviously the outcome of this is likely Garrett is gone, but lets live in reality here.

I dont think anything leaks between the Jones and Garrett families.Β 

34 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I never claimed to know what the content of the meetings were.... I am saying that presumably if you are correctΒ that Garrett will be out of a job, it is going to take at least three meetings at the minimum. Pretty clearly they haven't had two meetings sitting around telling Garrett he is out of a job already. They are surely discussing something relevant towards his job this past season or in the future though. What I am implying is that there is still a possibilityΒ they could want to keep him around next year(again speculation since you are struggling to read between the lines). If they had already made their decision toΒ move on from him, wouldn't it be much more cordial to tell him now so he can start looking for work immediately? Especially since he has been there for nearly 10 years.... Unless what I said in the second sentence has some merit and this is Jerry Jones grasping at attention which clearly wouldn't be out of character.

Also the fact that I use the word "Could" at the start of the next sentence directly implies speculation in the English language.

if Garrett has theΒ  job for next year, Eagles and Giants fans owe us.Β  We sucked so bad in that last game, Jerry thinks he is turning things around LOL