πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Yeah I’ve had enough of the Dak/Wentz arguments. They’re both good QB’s who have a lot to prove still

So what would you like to discuss in the NFCE thread this offseason?Β 

Haskins v Jones?

Me: Said nothing at all about Dak, Dak v Wentz. Posted a tweet that had 2 NFC E QBs in an NFC E thread. Thought it might be relevant because it has your QB.

You all:

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Who cares??

Prescott was throwing to much better receivers who were actually getting open pretty consistently.

When Dak has the 3rd most drops and his receivers are all banged up and he's playing with aΒ bunch of practice squad guys or dudes that don't know how to line-up correctly and he still wins the division, then we'll allow you to do some victory laps, Matts.

Β 

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cause I get tired of clicking on this thread and always seeing you going on about Dak/Wentz.

I figured based on past actions that is what you were alluding to with that tweet.Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He calls us little brother yet always posts in hereΒ about Dak when his stats sway his way. No body cares 8-8. Guy threw for 6000000 yards and went 8-8. Literally yells every stat like a little brother in the back seat every single time.Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Of course he is. And then plays it off. Passive aggressive trolling. What’s new?

Β 

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Sounds like you guys caught a case of Matts-19, but there is a cure.

Β 

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Yeah I’ve had enough of the Dak/Wentz arguments. They’re both good QB’s who have a lot to prove still

Β 

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I've been M19 free for almost a year now. Take the vaccine. Trust me.🍺

Is this better?

drops.png

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Me: Said nothing at all about Dak, Dak v Wentz. Posted a tweet that had 2 NFC E QBs in an NFC E thread. Thought it might be relevant because it has your QB.

You all:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Is this better?

drops.png

Now I feel safe.

Β 

Thanks

• Like 3

Thoughts on Reagor?

Most surprising first-round pick

Scout 1:Β β€œJordan Love to the Packers. I don’t think he’s worth that pick. You can argue Green Bay wasn’t that close (to winning the Super Bowl), and some of their people would agree, but they were in the NFC Championship game. So to trade back up in the first and get Love with all the obvious shades of the Aaron Rodgers pick in 2005, but not get Aaron a weapon when there were some really good wide receivers on the board still was a little bit surprising.”

Scout 2:Β β€œOhio State cornerback Damon Arnette. Maybe the Raiders had different intel but probably could have had him in the second round instead of the 19th pick. Also, the Eagles taking TCU receiver Jalen Reagor.”

Scout 3:Β β€œThe Tua Tagovailoa-Justin Herbert thing blows my mind just because Miami was on such damage control in the fall and later on to not let you think they liked Tua. Like more than I’ve ever seen before. The actual biggest surprise was Miami taking Noah Igbinoghene at 30. They could have had him in the third. He’s tough and competitive, but he’s a former receiver who doesn’t have good ball skills. Also, Arnette. Not just at 19, but getting picked in general in the first round. (The Raiders are) much smarter than us, I guess.”

Source 1:Β β€œReagor was not a first-round pick.”

Β 

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Most surprising first-round pick

Scout 1:Β β€œJordan Love to the Packers. I don’t think he’s worth that pick. You can argue Green Bay wasn’t that close (to winning the Super Bowl), and some of their people would agree, but they were in the NFC Championship game. So to trade back up in the first and get Love with all the obvious shades of the Aaron Rodgers pick in 2005, but not get Aaron a weapon when there were some really good wide receivers on the board still was a little bit surprising.”

Scout 2:Β β€œOhio State cornerback Damon Arnette. Maybe the Raiders had different intel but probably could have had him in the second round instead of the 19th pick. Also, the Eagles taking TCU receiver Jalen Reagor.”

Scout 3:Β β€œThe Tua Tagovailoa-Justin Herbert thing blows my mind just because Miami was on such damage control in the fall and later on to not let you think they liked Tua. Like more than I’ve ever seen before. The actual biggest surprise was Miami taking Noah Igbinoghene at 30. They could have had him in the third. He’s tough and competitive, but he’s a former receiver who doesn’t have good ball skills. Also, Arnette. Not just at 19, but getting picked in general in the first round. (The Raiders are) much smarter than us, I guess.”

Source 1:Β β€œReagor was not a first-round pick.”

I think the one thing is you have to contextualize where the WR board was at and what the eagles needed.
We needed speed and someone who will win consistently outside.

Of the top 11 WRs taken, there was only 4Β have the real play speed to do both. Ruggs, Jeudy, Reagor and Aiyuk. Ceedee is an awesome WR but isn't really a speed guy when you watch him... But if you want to throw him in sure. Hamler I'm omitting because he doesn't have the size/strength to be out there consistently.

So of those 4/5, only Reagor and Aiyuk were left. I liked both but Reagor has a higher ceiling for the down the field part of the game.Β 

So aside from the Eagles liking him, that's why they took him over other guys. It wasn't a very deep niche at the top of the draft, and we needed to land this pick.

Β 

As far as Reagor goes I think it really depends how you come down on his tape. He had perhaps the biggest asteriks of any WR in this class next to his tape because of how awful his QB was at TCU. Quickest evidence to this is him being at the bottom of catchable balls thrown to him in the country.

So you have to go deeper, you have to watch a lot of nothing plays and watch how he runs routes. You have to see how he sets guys up. It's all there. But yeah it's a projection. I think they learned last year to look at the player and not the stats more after Terry and DK looked so good last year. If you are isolating him on the tape, he was a 20-35 pick in this class. #21 is the higher end of that, but it was a need + player match.Β 

I can't disagree if someone watched TCU and said maybe 2nd round. But I would wonder for anyone who scouted him...how much tape did they watch of him, did they chart his routes on every play? Did they think about his college tape with a bad Freshman QB to what his season might look like with an NFL QB and playcallers. I think he ran like a super low amount of screens in college too, which points to bad college scheming. Why did they not have him do that more?

I was perfectly ok with the pick, obviously everyone wants to trade down and get their guy. But he was gonna go soon. If nothing else than that downfield speed.Β 

• Like 1

Whats that formula for predicting wins in the NFL? It starts with a P... Greek word... I am pretty sure one of you guys has used it before and may have a link to it.Β 

Β 

Β 

EDIT => NM it is what I thought it was.Β 

Edited by Matts4313