πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, ACO said:

Apparently per the language in his contract, if he signs with another team they take over his money? Or something. Idk. It is set up for the Cowboys to benefit him getting signed elswhere.

This.... doesn't really make any sense at all. If you cut him from your team, his contract can't follow or else literally no one can sign him unless they want to pay him that terrible contract you guys gave him. I don't want to sign him, but this just can't be right.

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:
1 hour ago, ACO said:

Apparently per the language in his contract, if he signs with another team they take over his money? Or something. Idk. It is set up for the Cowboys to benefit him getting signed elswhere.

This.... doesn't really make any sense at all. If you cut him from your team, his contract can't follow or else literally no one can sign him unless they want to pay him that terrible contract you guys gave him. I don't want to sign him, but this just can't be right.

I cant tell which you guys are mixing up - waiver wires or offset language, but both are pretty standard.

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant tell which you guys are mixing up - waiver wires or offset language, but both are pretty standard.

Once you are on a second contract you no longer go on waivers correct? At least this was my understanding.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

How long has he been in the league? Β I thought vets after a certain time were no longer subject to waivers.

see below

7 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Once you are on a second contract you no longer go on waivers correct? At least this was my understanding.

I meant, I couldnt understand which thing you guys where talking about. You were talking about both of them.

I haven been posting my normal amount of Dak-spam mail, so here ya go:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-dak-prescott-kellen-moore-dallas-cowboys-efficient-playmaking-play-calling-2021

Some offenses β€” too many β€” rely on β€œplaying the hits” to move the ball. What Dallas is doing asks a ton from its quarterback β€” process the coverage shell, identify where the free access is and take it regardless of the typical progression within the play call.

Prescott has the ability to do exactly that, and with the run game back in a rhythm we haven’t seen from the Cowboys in years, an MVP and a Lombardi Trophy are within reach for America’s Team.

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I haven been posting my normal amount of Dak-spam mail, so here ya go:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-dak-prescott-kellen-moore-dallas-cowboys-efficient-playmaking-play-calling-2021

Some offenses β€” too many β€” rely on β€œplaying the hits” to move the ball. What Dallas is doing asks a ton from its quarterback β€” process the coverage shell, identify where the free access is and take it regardless of the typical progression within the play call.

Prescott has the ability to do exactly that, and with the run game back in a rhythm we haven’t seen from the Cowboys in years, an MVP and a Lombardi Trophy are within reach for America’s Team.

That's all fine and good but

1. Mike McCarthy is still your head coach
2. Your defense is still not good enough
3. You guys will still find ways to choke as you have for most of my entire life.

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's all fine and good but

1. Mike McCarthy is still your head coach
2. Your defense is still not good enough
3. You guys will still find ways to choke as you have for most of my entire life.

1. still the best HC in the division and one of the best records in the NFL. The only coaches with more HC success are what? Billy, Payton, Tomlin, Pete and Reid?

2. Its improving and you know deep down you are a little scared of the potential.Β 

3. You guys choked for the entire existence of the modern NFL, didnt stop you from winning one.Β 

Edited by Matts4313