πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. still the best HC in the division and one of the best records in the NFL. The only coaches with more HC success are what? Billy, Payton, Tomlin, Pete and Reid?

2. Its improving and you know deep down you are a little scared of the potential.Β 

3. You guys choked for the entire existence of the modern NFL, didnt stop you from winning one.Β 

He's still Mike McCarthy and still a bad head coach.

I don't think the defense is all time bad anymore, but scared? No, not really..

Yes, but you wouldn't expect anything from the Eagles until they actually did it, now would you?

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

A meme? Sure.Β 

Bad? Nah. He is far far far to successful to be considered a bad HC. Hue Jackson is a bad QB. McCarthy is one of the most winning HC's in the NFL.Β 

Mediocre and lacking any tangible boostΒ he brings to the table is how I’d classify McCarthy.

He just needs to not hold the staff & playersΒ back and he can ride the wave. Question is can you guys get a ring before you get broken up by the actual talent leaving.

We just went through this situation more or less.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

What does he bring to the gameplan? On game days?

1. 30 years of coaching experience.Β 

2. 27 years of QB coaching, including multiple probowler/HOFers. Dont discountΒ how unstable Rodgers has been since McCarthy left.

3. An analytics team that has improved Dallas from nearly dead last to #4 in the NFL on PFF's ranking of analytics.Β 

4. Goofy attitude that seems to be relatable to the players - smashing watermelons, lol

5. Superbowl, coach of the year, 5 (?) championship games, winning record, etc

Β 

As for gamedays - he doesnt call the offense but he has encouraged the team to be significantly more aggressive than under Garrett. Additionally, just like with Garrett, McCarthy is in charge of the type of players we draft. So he has killed it with Ceedee, Diggs, Parsons, etc. A lot of these dudes we would have never touched because of red flags.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

1. 30 years of coaching experience.Β 

2. 27 years of QB coaching, including multiple probowler/HOFers. Dont discountΒ how unstable Rodgers has been since McCarthy left.

3. An analytics team that has improved Dallas from nearly dead last to #4 in the NFL on PFF's ranking of analytics.Β 

4. Goofy attitude that seems to be relatable to the players - smashing watermelons, lol

5. Superbowl, coach of the year, 5 (?) championship games, winning record, etc

Β 

As for gamedays - he doesnt call the offense but he has encouraged the team to be significantly more aggressive than under Garrett. Additionally, just like with Garrett, McCarthy is in charge of the type of players we draft. So he has killed it with Ceedee, Diggs, Parsons, etc. A lot of these dudes we would have never touched because of red flags.Β 

Aside from the years coaching (which doesn’t matter at all, bad coaches coach a long time too) you basically described Doug, which was my point.

For 2. He also held back Rodgers in his prime so that’s kinda a wash.

Yeah I was asking his tangible effect on this team this year. His resume doesn’t really mean much of anything.

It’s fine, you can win it all this year…he can do his goofy motivational stuff like Doug did…I just wouldn’t want to be in the empty nest with just him that’s all. Had we not gotten the championship it would’ve really made the downturn since 2017 sting way more.Β 

He just needs to not get in the way with bad decisions in game, which he’s had a couple this year but they largely haven’t hurt them too badly.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Aside from the years coaching (which doesn’t matter at all, bad coaches coach a long time too) you basically described Doug, which was my point.

For 2. He also held back Rodgers in his prime so that’s kinda a wash.

Yeah I was asking his tangible effect on this team this year. His resume doesn’t really mean much of anything.

It’s fine, you can win it all this year…he can do his goofy motivational stuff like Doug did…I just wouldn’t want to be in the empty nest with just him that’s all. Had we not gotten the championship it would’ve really made the downturn since 2017 sting way more.Β 

He just needs to not get in the way with bad decisions in game, which he’s had a couple this year but they largely haven’t hurt them too badly.

You are viewing what I say with a narrative to discredit it no matter what.Β 

Rodgers was theΒ best version of himself under McCarthy. You can *very easily* make the case that Rodgers owes his career to McCarthy teaching him how to be a QB and reeling in Aarons chaotic personal life.Β 

Doug and McCarthy are very different imo.Β 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are viewing what I say with a narrative to discredit it no matter what.Β 

Rodgers was theΒ best version of himself under McCarthy. You can *very easily* make the case that Rodgers owes his career to McCarthy teaching him how to be a QB and reeling in Aarons chaotic personal life.Β 

Doug and McCarthy are very different imo.Β 

I’m just saying it’s a wash given how things were talked about then and it having no real barring on anything aside from perceived greatness for MM Now. That’s why I asked.

2021 Mike can be 2017 Doug, just like 2020 Mike was 2016 Doug. The only thing that matters is now and how and what he’s doing now, right?

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’m just saying it’s a wash given how things were talked about then and it having no real barring on anything aside from perceived greatness for MM Now. That’s why I asked.

2021 Mike can be 2017 Doug, just like 2020 Mike was 2016 Doug. The only thing that matters is now and how and what he’s doing now, right?

Or he can be no version of Doug. It would be my preference.Β 

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Doug won a super bowl while in the division, so I’m with ya there Mattsy. :)

Fine fine, they can have that one thing in common. Doesnt mean they are the same, damnit!Β 

McCarthy is going to be gone after this year anyways, so you guys better get your memes in while they last.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Fine fine, they can have that one thing in common. Doesnt mean they are the same, damnit!Β 

McCarthy is going to be gone after this year anyways, so you guys better get your memes in while they last.Β 

I’ll feel bad for you guys if you get to like the championship game and then lose Moore.

Best case if you aren’t going to win it all might be a quick out if you want to keep him.