πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

The division is playing out exactly like I thought it would.... but the Cowboys are definitely better than I thought they would be. Their defense is a solid unit right now and that definitely makes them a good team. I thought they would win the division at like 10-11 wins, but now I think they should get 12 and potentially 13 because their schedule is somehow very easy going forward.... Their next 4 games are the Patriots, Vikings, Broncos, and Falcons. One team with a winning record and it is a very mediocre Broncos team that has feasted on bad teams.

The Cowboys should run away with the division. The WFT is a fake just like we all thought they would be, and probably even worse. The Giants are a disaster and got beat up really bad on the injury front today. The Eagles are a complete enigma that doesn't make much sense. Realistically we are probably just not a good team that needs more talent, and we need better QB play. The Cowboys are probably the only winning football team in the division. I'd say the Giants are the clear front runners to come in last still. The Eagles and WFT should finish with similar-ish records.

I think it finishes like:

1. Cowboys

2. Eagles

3. WFT

4. Giants

with the most likely swaps being the Eagles and WFT.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The division is playing out exactly like I thought it would.... but the Cowboys are definitely better than I thought they would be. Their defense is a solid unit right now and that definitely makes them a good team. I thought they would win the division at like 10-11 wins, but now I think they should get 12 and potentially 13 because their schedule is somehow very easy going forward.... Their next 4 games are the Patriots, Vikings, Broncos, and Falcons. One team with a winning record and it is a very mediocre Broncos team that has feasted on bad teams.

The Cowboys should run away with the division. The WFT is a fake just like we all thought they would be, and probably even worse. The Giants are a disaster and got beat up really bad on the injury front today. The Eagles are a complete enigma that doesn't make much sense. Realistically we are probably just not a good team that needs more talent, and we need better QB play. The Cowboys are probably the only winning football team in the division. I'd say the Giants are the clear front runners to come in last still. The Eagles and WFT should finish with similar-ish records.

I think it finishes like:

1. Cowboys

2. Eagles

3. WFT

4. Giants

with the most likely swaps being the Eagles and WFT.

There's no 2, 3, or 4 in this division. You're either 1st or turds.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:
Β  C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 
Daniel Jones 5/13 98 7.5 0 0 0-0 60.1 65.5

Β 

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Dak Prescott 22/32 302 9.4 3 1 2-10 41.0 116.9

What further proof do you need that QBR is a garbage statistic?

Depends on what you're trying to quantify with it if you think its garbage or not. Vanilla passer rating doesn't take into account Dak's fumble lost, or sacks taken, pre snap penalties, or penalties earned against the defense. Doesn't account for a 5 yard slant that a receiver broke 5 tackles then took to the house. Doesn't weight air yards vs YAC. Doesn't differentiate garbage time yards and scores.

QBR attempts to do all that. It's trying to quantify all actions performed by the QB good and bad on every play. If you're looking at it in direct contrast to passer rating then yea sure it's total garbage. It's meant to be more of an overall efficiency stat, where as Passer Rating is exclusively trying to represent how well a QB threw the ball specifically. Reminds me of some of the saber metric stats in baseball. The traditional baseball fans absolutely hate it. They only care about the legacy stats like BA, SLG, WHIP, ERA etc.

That said I'm not being serious here. Do I think Jones outplayed Dak in any aspect yesterday or this season for that matter? Hell No. But I also think there is some merit to QBR and it's not garbage if you see what it's trying to calculate.

Β 

4 hours ago, Danger said:
Β  C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Daniel Jones 5/13 98 7.5 0 0 0-0 60.1 65.5

Β 

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Dak Prescott 22/32 302 9.4 3 1 2-10 41.0 116.9

What further proof do you need that QBR is a garbage statistic?

QBR is killing Dak for fumbles this year. Which was a legit complaint yesterday as his fumble was terrible. His INT was also unpressured on a dump off, which I dont know how they view.Β 

saw this on Reddit and post it for no particular reason here….

Jon Gruden's resignation makes it now 0-15 for Super Bowl Winning Coaches winning championships in subsequent head coaching tenures.

1. Vince Lombardi 1969 Washington Redskins
  2. Hank Stram 1976-1977 New Orleans Saints
  3. Don McCafferty 1973 Detroit Lions
  4. Tom Flores 1992-1994 Seattle Seahawks
  5. Joe Gibbs 2004-2007 Washington Redskins
  6. Mike Ditka 1997-1999 New Orleans Saints
  7. Bill Parcells 1993-1996 New England Patriots
  8. Bill Parcells 1997-1999 New York Jets
  9. Bill Parcells 2003-2006 Dallas Cowboys
  10. George Seifert 1999-2001 Carolina Panthers
  11. Jimmy Johnson 1996-1999 Miami Dolphins
  12. Mike Holmgren 1999-2008 Seattle Seahawks