πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

6 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

To be fair he put two catchable balls right in Raegors hands on that final drive. Rough day but he was one makeable catch away from walking away with the W.

F is wrong with me.. defending Dak and Hurts in this thread lmao

The deep one to Reagor was a harder catch than anyone what the GDT made it sound like. The guy had a defender running through his back (meaning he couldnt slow down any more) and it still doinked off his head. That ball was probably 2 yards short from where it should have been. That said - - it was catchable if he goes up for it instead of trying to chest-catch it.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The deep one to Reagor was a harder catch than anyone what the GDT made it sound like. The guy had a defender running through his back (meaning he couldnt slow down any more) and it still doinked off his head. That ball was probably 2 yards short from where it should have been. That said - - it was catchable if he goes up for it instead of trying to chest-catch it.Β 

Accurate assessment, but he gets more heat for bad plays cause he really isn't making good ones lol.

Β 

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Perfectly put honestly. Literally the singular reason I want him to be the QB next year is to not waste all the picks in order to acquire a qb. I want to build this roster up. I don't care to further evaluate Jalen Hurts. His performance today was the last straw. Guys who are good or end up being good don't look like he looked today. Him and Reagor are non factors for me. 2022 is a throw away year with him at qb but it's for the best.Β 

but then 2023, with a rookie QB,Β is almost certainly another wash of a season, and if, only if, that rookie QB is good (50/50 let’s be real)Β will we be contendersΒ in 2024. I don’t think you canΒ playΒ that kind of longΒ game in this league. If Siri doesn’t think Hurts can operate his O, I think we have to do something. Trade for a QB, reach for 1 in the draft, anything. 2022 can’t be a total waste.

Β 

Just very unfortunate for us that Hurts isn’t panning out (not surprising) and this QB class allegedly sucks.Β 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Don’t matter. First round WR lets the ball bounce off his face mask then drops one that hits him in both hands. No sympathy. GuyΒ sucks.Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

but then 2023, with a rookie QB,Β is almost certainly another wash of a season, and if, only if, that rookie QB is good (50/50 let’s be real)Β will we be contendersΒ in 2024. I don’t think you canΒ playΒ that kind of longΒ game in this league. If Siri doesn’t think Hurts can operate his O, I think we have to do something. Trade for a QB, reach for 1 in the draft, anything. 2022 can’t be a total waste.

I mean 2021 hasn't been a waste.

We are probably gonna have a better year than most predicted (7-9 for me)Β and the draft picks are playing well.Β 

It was always gonna be years before we were a real contender.

If its possible to not give up a boat load to go for a top QB, then do it, but if not then I'd stay put and try to build up this team through the draft next year, draft a QB next draft hopefully and then attack FA more aggressively in 23 and 24 when a lot more cap room will be opened up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Β 

Β 

Just very unfortunate for us that Hurts isn’t panning out (not surprising) and this QB class allegedly sucks.Β 

IΒ doΒ believe that Roseman and Lurie will make a move for a qb. There is no way they waste another season on a joke of a qb like Hurts. They want a real guy who can throw I'm sure. I just don't want to give up the farm for the new qb. I want to make at least one first round pick in addition to the qb we get. We can't burn all these assets on one player.Β 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

IΒ doΒ believe that Roseman and Lurie will make a move for a qb. There is no way they waste another season on a joke of a qb like Hurts. They want a real guy who can throw I'm sure. I just don't want to give up the farm for the new qb. I want to make at least one first round pick in addition to the qb we get. We can't burn all these assets on one player.Β 

Agreed. Don’t want to sell farm either. Just really don’t think weΒ can trot out somebody with no real future in 2022.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean 2021 hasn't been a waste.

We are probably gonna have a better year than most predicted (7-9 for me)Β and the draft picks are playing well.Β 

It was always gonna be years before we were a real contender.

If its possible to not give up a boat load to go for a top QB, then do it, but if not then I'd stay put and try to build up this team through the draft next year, draft a QB next draft hopefully and then attack FA more aggressively in 23 and 24 when a lot more cap room will be opened up.

True, unfortunately. AlwaysΒ easier to accept that realityΒ in an offseason, a painful few years lying ahead, than in season.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

True, unfortunately. AlwaysΒ easier to accept that realityΒ in an offseason, a painful few years lying ahead, than in season.

It just is what it is. Sucks to go from a SB winning team to the most injured team in the league the following seasons and then have a completeΒ organization failure all around last year, but that's where we were at entering this season. We were in cap hell, so we couldn't do much of anything to bolster all our weak spots. We had to add cheap one year deals for guys like Eric Wilson, Anthony Harris, Steven Nelson, Ryan Kerrigan, etc.Β