πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

On 1/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Have you met Matts?Β 

Β 

On 1/23/2022 at 7:29 PM, Danger said:

Most of the Cowboys fans on this forum are actually pretty chill TBH.

Matts is just the epitome of the Cowboys fan memes.

I literally have made multiple "Cowboys are overrated" threads along with predicting us to win 10 games and getting bounced.

Β 

The issue isnt me. The issue is you try to apply delusional memes to me. Cmon man, grow up and actually read the things I say.Β 

Β 

Β 

And before someone pulls my quote about beating the 9ers, I thought our OL woes were fixed. It was the only position group I had real concerns about, but even then, I only made a comment in the Cowboys forum about it.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

I think for Quinn it was Broncos or nothing. He was going to take the interviews but he wasn't giving up Dallas unless it was to be at a place he really wanted. Also accordingΒ to Mike Fisher --- Jerry gave Quinn a ton of money to stay.Β 

That said Dallas going to be a mess next year. LOL. Defense will be fine and it will build up his interest for 2023 season but McCarthy will be looking over hos shoulder all season long and that will screw them.Β 

Edited by ACO
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

β€œI’m deciding to leave, it’s not cuz you didn’t pick me”

I dont think this is the case. He was literally turning down interviews and made public comments that Dallas is the best job hes ever had. He basically sang the song "Im having the time of my life" in one interview. Then Jerry came out and said he is going to give Quinn a blank check, let him fill in the dollar amount not to leave.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

17 minutes ago, ACO said:

That said Dallas going to be a mess next year. LOL. Defense will be fine and it will build up his interest for 2023 season but McCarthy will be looking over hos shoulder all season long and that will screw them.Β 

Maybe. This is absolutely a possibility, even a likely one. But as we have seen, "contract years" can also be incredibleΒ motivation. And its no secret that Jerry has Payton on speed dial.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think this is the case. He was literally turning down interviews and made public comments that Dallas is the best job hes ever had. He basically sang the song "Im having the time of my life" in one interview. Then Jerry came out and said he is going to give Quinn a blank check, let him fill in the dollar amount not to leave.Β 

He wanted the Denver job or the Bears job, both got filled. I suppose it’s a possibility he was going to get them and pull out, but I doubt it. Timing seems like he missed those and decided to just stay and spin it over the alternative of maybe getting one of the crappy jobs as a 2/3/4 choice.

• Like 1