πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is it? Our franchise has a better story IE fans/history/viewership/value/etc. It has a winning record against the Eagles. Romo had a winning record against you. Dak has a winning record against you. We clobbered your team/new QB at the end of the year. We look to be much better than you next year.

Β 

I guess you do get primetime games each year because you get to play us. Maybe thats what you meant by it being nice?

Dallas has been irrelevant for much of my fandom so it's all I know dog.

13 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It is so nice knowing that either A) Jalen Hurts is the guy. Or B) We have 3 FRP to get virtually anybody we want who is available to be our guy. This whole QB limbo in Philly won't go past this year. So, enjoy it while it lasts rivals. This is it.

Next years QB class looks like trash though….

It’s still early,Β but I really really hope Hurts shows enough to where we don’t have to use 1 or 2 of those first towards a QB this coming draft.Β 

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just a funny list in multiple ways:

• It's been a long time since I've seen WFT get this much respect nationally
  • Devonta at #6, with no Cooper on the list
  • Just a terrible list overall, even though it's nice to see the WFT love

Here's the list:

1. Chase Young, DE Was
2. Terry McLaurin, WR Was
3. Zack Martin, G Dal
4. Leonard Williams, DE NYG
5. Saquon Barkley, RB NYG
6. Devonta Smith, WR Phi
7. Daron Payne, DT Was
8. CeeDee Lamb, WR Dal
9. Brandon Scherff, G Was
10. Montez Sweat, DE Was

Β 

Dude it’s Simms and Florio.

you’re giving me second hand embarrassment just posting that lol

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s still early,Β but I really really hope Hurts shows enough to where we don’t have to use 1 or 2 of those first towards a QB this coming draft.Β 

A lot can change. A LOT. Also, the draft isn't our only QB avenue. If Hurts is the answer, that's really speeding up the SB contention timeline.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

A lot can change. A LOT. Also, the draft isn't our only QB avenue. If Hurts is the answer, that's really speeding up the SB contention timeline.

We’ll see.Β I just know that right now I’d rather skip this QB class if possible. What’s the avenue not through the draft? Trade for Watson? Do we even know how his legal stuff will play out?Β 

39 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Rn there isn’t a leader or even guys you can confidently say will be first rounders.

But

There potentially could be a lot, there was like 10+ names of guys who are in position to get into that conversation. Big year for them. Lots to like.
Β 

I don’t think β€˜22Β devoid of talent or a few guys who will be reached on like the EJ Manuel draft or like withΒ Jones/Haskins a couple years ago. It’s just incredibly mercurial, moreso than I can really remember.Β 
Safest bet would be a trade but like if it’s Watson and his baggage…do we feel good doing that? Eh..

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Rn there isn’t a leader or even guys you can confidently say will be first rounders.

But

There potentially could be a lot, there was like 10+ names of guys who are in position to get into that conversation. Big year for them. Lots to like.
Β 

I don’t think β€˜22Β devoid of talent or a few guys who will be reached on like the EJ Manuel draft or like withΒ Jones/Haskins a couple years ago. It’s just incredibly mercurial, moreso than I can really remember.Β 
Safest bet would be a trade but like if it’s Watson and his baggage…do we feel good doing that? Eh..

There could be depth, but the top end talent doesn't look great. A lot of questions all around. Rattler seems doucheyΒ and he's the projected top guy. All of the top QBs have a lot of questions to answer this year.

My hope is that Hurts is solid to good and we get to take a top corner (a lot of talent), top defensive end (better than this year), etc. Need to bolster our roster more, especially with a lot of our better players being old.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We’ll see.Β I just know that right now I’d rather skip this QB class if possible. What’s the avenue not through the draft? Trade for Watson? Do we even know how his legal stuff will play out?Β 

Trade for anybody who is on the market. Probably guys we don't even know of at this time. The draft class could end up being the best ever. There's so much football to be played. Again, this limbo will only be 2021. That's a promise.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

There could be depth, but the top end talent doesn't look great. A lot of questions all around. Rattler seems doucheyΒ and he's the projected top guy. All of the top QBs have a lot of questions to answer this year.

My hope is that Hurts is solid to good and we get to take a top corner (a lot of talent), top defensive end (better than this year), etc. Need to bolster our roster more, especially with a lot of our better players being old.

Yeah Rattler is the betting favorite in that offense.

Howell could boom or bust, he had surrounding talent that mostly left. If he has a big year he’ll get some bonus points.

Ridder andΒ Corral would be my guys to watch. Corral throws a real pretty ball from the ole miss games I watched for this past draft.Β 
Β 

and there are a bunch of other guys like the Liberty kid people are high on, Shough (the Oregon transfer to Texas Tech will put up big numbers), and others like Carson Strong that get thrown around.

My only point is there is a pretty big pool of potential. Considering the rise of Burrow, Lance, Wilson and others the last couple of years I’d gladly take this wide of a field than other years. Would be great to have some locked in guys but that doesn’t usually last anyway…they seem to slide down.

44 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah Rattler is the betting favorite in that offense.

Howell could boom or bust, he had surrounding talent that mostly left. If he has a big year he’ll get some bonus points.

Ridder andΒ Corral would be my guys to watch. Corral throws a real pretty ball from the ole miss games I watched for this past draft.Β 
Β 

and there are a bunch of other guys like the Liberty kid people are high on, Shough (the Oregon transfer to Texas Tech will put up big numbers), and others like Carson Strong that get thrown around.

My only point is there is a pretty big pool of potential. Considering the rise of Burrow, Lance, Wilson and others the last couple of years I’d gladly take this wide of a field than other years. Would be great to have some locked in guys but that doesn’t usually last anyway…they seem to slide down.

I've been aware of Corral since high school. He still has a ways to go consistency wise, but the arm talent has always been there. Fun fact he actually transferred to Long Beach Poly from Oaks Christian to play for Antonio Pierce (former Washington and NY linebacker) after he got into an altercation with Wayne Gretzky's son at a baseball or basketball game (I forget) and the school was biased on it according to Matt cause of Gretzky being a big donor for the school.Β 

Β 

Long Beach Poly also known for these two lol.

Funnily enough Kayvon Thibodeaux (top draft prospect) ended up transferring to Oaks Christian after Matt Corral transferred out. The rich get richer.

Willis from Liberty has super enticing physical tools, but he's really raw still. I wonder if we'll prefer a QB that can get stuff with his legs like him or if that matters to this coaching staff. It's definitely theΒ way the NFL is trending.

Obviously we gotta see how this college season plays out, but there are just a lot of prospects and a lot of question marks for them too. It's gonna be interesting to follow and see who emerges out of the bunch. There is so many possible QBs its gonna be hard to keep track of them each week. Gonna have my DVR working overtime and probably have to go back after the season to watch tape. Not sure Liberty games are ever really televised anyways lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dude it’s Simms and Florio.

you’re giving me second hand embarrassment just posting that lol

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

LikewiseΒ πŸ˜‰