πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:
2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The suspension is only for regular season games. And if we miss playoffs in 2 years because our RB missed 6 games, people should get fired. Hes all pro, one of the top 5 in the league, but he is still a RB. We should be able to weather a 6 game storm w/o him.Β 

Says who?

Yeah I've seen nothing to suggest this as being the case.

EDIT: Source?

Edited by Danger

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Maybe in your Dallas fandom eyes.Β  I certainly don't see it that way.Β Β 

Go read other message boards. Go look at facebook or twitter. 6 months ago Zeke was a women beating loser. Today he is the victim of "the man" trying to pin crap on him after a shoddy investigation.

Hell, just go read the NFL news:

Β 

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

But you already said the headlines of him losing will be a massive loss to him due to public opinion lol.

No i didnt? When did I say that? I said him winning would be massive. He's going to lose, but he is at a better point now than he was when he was originally going to lose.Β 

Besides the constant bickering in the East thread, I personally love how he's handling it.Β 

Its been a distraction all year and it just keeps keeps going. The longer they drag it out, the longer the distraction and now, I'd take the suspension next year so it messes them up even longer.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No i didnt? When did I say that? I said him winning would be massive. He's going to lose, but he is at a better point now than he was when he was originally going to lose.Β 

Maybe it was Danger. Either way, being at a better point now doesn't really matter if he ultimately ends up losing. All I'm saying is, if you're worried about headlines and the court of public opinion, him ultimately losing will have a negative effect depending on what the narrative becomes.

Personally, if the NFLPA wins, the headlines will be: "NFLPA wins important battle over parameter of Goodell's powers under CBA" or something similar.

If the NFL wins, the headlines will be "Second Circuit confirms Goodell's expansive powers under CBA."

Maybe TMZ or Deadspin will whip up a juicier headline, but again, can't say for sure.

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Disagree completely. I think that:

NFLPA: Wants Zeke to be a martyr because its obvious to anyone with a brain the NFL royally screwed up the handling of this case. For them, its a negotiation tactic. They get to clown the league - and even though they will likely lose - the world knows how bad the NFL screwed the pooch.

Zeke: Gets his side of the story out there. It gets repeated to the masses who may have only heard the initial story. He gets sympathy for the disgrace that was the NFL investigation. He gets an opportunity, no matter how unlikely, to win this at the court level. He is able to delay his suspension and work on his craft.

Β 

There is absolutely no doubt that the longer this has gone on, the more facts revealed, the better Zeke has looked in comparison to the NFL. If you dont believe me, go look at social media or reddit. Probably close to 85% of the comments are all pro-Zeke/bashing the NFL. Reddit especially, were even the NFC E rivals call this thing BS.

Disagree strongly with all points.Β  The first - How did the NFL "screw up" the investigation.Β  They took their time (1 year long investigation of gathering facts and evidence before passing down sentence and covered all bases while basing their decision to hand down said decision based on BROAD powers and low threshold to do so (tarnishing the shield).Β  They gave Zeke enough DUE PROCESS to show that this met the CBA requirements.

Second point - The longer more people hear about him being involved with the words "domestic violence" and the more it is repeated, the longer it stays in people's minds.Β  Public opinion usually assumes he already did it.Β  The average Joe isn't going to hear facts and change their mind whatsoever.Β  He won't get sympathy AT ALL because it's drawn out.Β Β  This will have the opposite intended effect.Β  Look at how scandals work...look at Trump with all his shenanigans.Β  The more he fights things with tweets on a certain point, the most his perception rating goes down in the public's eyes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Phire said:

The NFL's letter to Zeke stated it would be a suspension of six regular season games.

This is why the source is important.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-ezekiel-elliott-suspension-would-not-exclude-playoff-games-super-bowl/Β 

The argument Elliott's case will likely make is that in the letter to Elliott announcing the suspension, the NFL used the phrase "regular-season games." According toΒ CBS Sports Radio legal analyst Amy Dash, Elliott's team would fight any suspension that carried over into the playoffs.Β 

It may be another uphill battle for Elliott -- during theΒ Tom BradyΒ case, and previously in the Elliott case, it has been widely assumed that appealing a case like this runs the risk of missing playoff games.Β 

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones acknowledgedΒ during a radio interview on 105.3 the Fan, a CBS Sports Radio station, on FridayΒ that the suspension would likely carry over into the playoffs.Β 

"I would suspect that the NFL will take the stance that it's six games, no matter which games it is," Jones said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonu62882 said:

The first - How did the NFL "screw up" the investigation

When you ask questions like this, it makes me want to not talk anymore with you. There are literally dozens of articles about how bad the NFL messed this up. There are ~5-10 lawyers who have been blasting the NFL all over social media and creating articles about how bad this was handled. There is a numberΒ of ways the NFL messed this up. If you dont know them by now, whats the point of talking with you about it.

Ask @PhireΒ to explain. Hes a lawyer. Youll trust him.Β