🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

i said dragging it out was better for Zeke and the NFLPA.

I said that the Cowboys will likely be in a better spot to absorb his suspension next year as opposed to right now. We are really young and it will be harder to overcome this year. 

Reading comprehension. 

OBVI if I new we were going to come out of the gates like butt and Zeke was 100% suspended, I too would have rather it be done week 1. But thats hindsight.

Dude, it’s not hindsight when an a dude with anyone with a little of brain and some legal knowledge would have seen this coming.  I said this from the beginning when it all happened.  His lawyers knew better and that odds weren’t in his favor.  Actually, it’s probably the NFLPA doing this and convincing him to fight it, which is worse.  He should have told them “eff f, take your petty Goodell beef elsewhere and do something more influential when the next CBA rolls around.  I’m serving my suspension and getting it over with...”

In fact, I had a similar argument about Plax getting suspended years ago with @Gmen.  I kept telling him Plax was gonna have to face suspension and he kept denying it.  Guess what, Plax faced suspension in the end for gun charges (you would say but he only shot himself but carrying a gun in NY w/o license is a no no and tarnished the shield with his name in the press).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Dude, it’s not hindsight when an a dude with anyone with a little of brain and some legal knowledge would have seen this coming.  I said this from the beginning when it all happened.  His lawyers knew better and that odds weren’t in his favor.  Actually, it’s probably the NFLPA doing this and convincing him to fight it, which is worse.  He should have told them “eff f, take your petty Goodell beef elsewhere and do something more influential when the next CBA rolls around.  I’m serving my suspension and getting it over with...”

In fact, I had a similar argument about Plax getting suspended years ago with @Gmen.  I kept telling him Plax was gonna have to face suspension and he kept denying it.  Guess what, Plax faced suspension in the end for gun charges (you would say but he only shot himself but carrying a gun in NY w/o license is a no no and tarnished the shield with his name in the press).

It was certainly in question for a while. I think we both agree that Jerry Jones has the pulse of the league. He made a couple strong statements at the beginning of the year.

1. That he had seen all the evidence and was 100% certain that Zeke would not be suspended.

2. That if Zeke was suspended the NFL would be hearing from his lawyers.

This was all predicated on the fact that the league would act justly and follow the advice of their lead investigator. 

52 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Lol wit?! Now, you’re just delusional.

Phire and I are on the same page, I believe, in that there was a legitimate enough investigation.  The NFL probably spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, while gathering facts and evidence from the various sources, witnesses, governmental entities (Ohio PD, Ohio DA, in-house lawyers and security team made up of former police from different levels, independent investigators, etc.  for 1 YEAR before the punishment was issued.

They didn’t just hand Zeke his punishment the next.  That’s what all this is about and thats why Zeke will.  They did their due diligence for 1 year and were within their rights to punish Zeke under the current CBA.

Bruh, I don’t have a license but I have a law degree and can analyze the facts.  I’ve the read the pleadings, judges’ opinions, read what the ADA and witnesses have said.  Due diligence was done, more than enough for them to find what they found and levy punishment against Zeke.  Remember, this isn’t CRIMINAL court he’s facing...You keep getting this confused with the standards and “burden of proof” being thrown around with little understanding of it.

Dude, they did that entire investigation - - and than barred the investigator from sharing her opinions. It was a shame. The NFL even tweetd out "You may think its unjust for us to omit facts, but the ruling is still the same". They literally chest thumped that they were going to screw Zeke no matter what the investigation found. 

Edited by Matts4313

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

and than barred the investigator from sharing her opinions.

Dude, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Where did you get this from? I'll tell you: it's directly from the NFLPA. You're treating the NFLPA's allegations as truth and fact, which was a point I tried to make a few pages ago. You've jumped on their side and aren't looking at their allegations with any degree of critical thinking. 

Kia Roberts herself testified under threat of perjury that "any concerns, any inconsistencies were completely put into the NFL's report, and that she shared her concerns with Friel and other NFL investigators, including her superior, Cathy Lanier."

She wasn't barred from sharing her opinions.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I disagree, obvi. Dak is good enough to win you games. And he is by far more *VALUABLE* than Zeke (hence MVP). You may feel different, but I guarantee you that 90%+ of the world would say Dak is more important to the Cowboys than Zeke. A top 10 QB >>>>>>>>> a top 5 RB. Thats just football.

Notice how all of sudden Zeke started ballin out, Cowboys winning easily and when he was meh, they were losing and inconsistent.  I don’t think that was a coincidence. 

Im sure teams would rather stack the box and force Dak throw to beat them than get pounded and gashed.  Zeke dictates defensive game plans.  I think Zeke is the thing that makes your team go.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude, they did that entire investigation - - and than barred the investigator from sharing her opinions. It was a shame. The NFL even tweetd out "You may think its unjust for us to omit facts, but the ruling is still the same". They literally chest thumped that they were going to screw Zeke no matter what the investigation found. 

In your eyes, they’re “screwing Zeke”, but in reality they can come to whatever conclusion they feel like because the bar is set pretty low by the CBA.  As long as they conducted a reasonable enough investigation and afforded Zeke a chance speak or whatever else is written in the CBA, that’s all that matters in terms of process.  That’s how the Courts have viewed it and will continue to do. That’s why the suspensions generally hold up.  How you haven’t figured that out is amazing...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phire said:

Dude, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Where did you get this from? I'll tell you: it's directly from the NFLPA. You're treating the NFLPA's allegations as truth and fact, which was a point I tried to make a few pages ago. You've jumped on their side and aren't looking at their allegations with any degree of critical thinking. 

Kia Roberts herself testified under threat of perjury that "any concerns, any inconsistencies were completely put into the NFL's report, and that she shared her concerns with Friel and other NFL investigators, including her superior, Cathy Lanier."

She wasn't barred from sharing her opinions.

She was barred from appearing at the original appeal and her notes were not discussed. Yes, her superiors knew her opinion, which is why they ignored her instead of championed her. If the investigation results matched what the NFL wanted, she would have been present at the appeals hearing. 

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

She was barred from appearing at the original appeal and her notes were not discussed. Yes, her superiors knew her opinion, which is why they ignored her instead of championed her. If the investigation results matched what the NFL wanted, she would have been present at the appeals hearing. 

This is what we call a conspiracy theory.

I think Zeke, like some of us when we were 20, got involved with a good looking party girl. They probably got drunk a lot, and did a bunch of drugs while Elliott enjoyed the pre-teen months of being a superstar. They probably fought a lot as a result. I highly doubt Elliott straight up beat this girl. I highly doubt she always kept her hands to her self. A Ray Rice like video will never emerge and Elliott isn't being accused of violence to that extent. In fact, nobody really knows what type of violence occurred because the NFL hasn't said anything as far as I know. Just that they had evidence of violence or something. 

I don't think this is about clearing his name. I also don't think this is about winning against a woman who said(text evidence) she was going to try and ruin his career(and other suspicious texts to her friend saying, "if anyone asks he pulled me out of the car okay?")

https://deadspin.com/witness-claims-ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-asked-her-to-1786320742

Idk how to do quotes and stuff in these new digs yet.

Idk what happened but I don't think it was much. The police said they couldn't do anything because of conflicting and inconsistent evidence. You may not like cops, but them declining this case is enough for me. If I were a rival fan, I would call bull ****. Especially after Lane Johnson.

But here's what it really boils down to, boys: Money.

To long didn't read version:

Elliott is fighting this so hard and will continue in vain because of this:

"According to a report from ESPN's Todd Archer, the suspension will mean Elliott will have to repay a portion of his signing bonus that could add up to over $1.4 million.

In addition to losing his base-salary pay, the guarantees in Elliott's $24.956 million deal will be voided. He received a signing bonus of $16.350 million and got the final deferred installment of the bonus in March. Once he misses games, he will have to pay back some of the signing-bonus money. For each game missed, Elliott will have to repay about $240,000.

As Archer notes, the suspension also voids some of his guaranteed money for upcoming seasons, meaning that if he were to suffer a career-ending injury, he would no longer be entitled to the money if the Cowboys were to release him."

Probably a big pill to swallow for some floozy.

Edited by DaBoys

I'm not trying to attack this woman, or shame her.  I'm just saying, if there is enough evidence to call Zeke a woman beater then there is overwhelming evidence to support her being a shady person capable of deceit. 

Remember this girl, as a revenge tactic, banged Lucky Whitehead.

220px-Lucky_Whitehead.jpg

Excuse me for questioning her stability/reliability. I don't know her, but I can assure you she won't be woman of the year.

Edited by DaBoys