🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I went back through the ESPN app to look at Cowboys games because I thought it was all about Zeke and it all revolving around him.  Almost every article of each game was about Zeke.  When they win, it was “Zeke eats, Cowboys win...” and even with the Denver game “Denver D crushes Elliot...” 

For you, your team REVOLVES around Zeke, not Dak.  For us, it all goes through Carson.  It’s all on his shoulders to make the offense go.

And notice since the Cowboys have been on their win streak, Zeke has been putting up beastly numbers. In the Redskins, Dak threw 22 times (no tds).  If that doesn’t scream game manager to me, I don’t know what does.  I think the Cowboys coaching staff recognizes Dak’s limitations and leans heavy on Zeke to make their offense go so that Rayne only has to protect the ball and not make any crucial mistakes.  He just doesn’t have that talent that can win you guys all on his own consistently like Carson...

9 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

I went back through the ESPN app to look at Cowboys games because I thought it was all about Zeke and it all revolving around him.  Almost every article of each game was about Zeke.  When they win, it was “Zeke eats, Cowboys win...” and even with the Denver game “Denver D crushes Elliot...” 

For you, your team REVOLVES around Zeke, not Dak.  For us, it all goes through Carson.  It’s all on his shoulders to make the offense go.

And notice since the Cowboys have been on their win streak, Zeke has been putting up beastly numbers. In the Redskins, Dak threw 22 times (no tds).  If that doesn’t scream game manager to me, I don’t know what does.  I think the Cowboys coaching staff recognizes Dak’s limitations and leans heavy on Zeke to make their offense go so that Rayne only has to protect the ball and not make any crucial mistakes.  He just doesn’t have that talent that can win you guys all on his own consistently like Carson...

Whenever I watch Dak he's either going to his first or second read then taking off if nothing is there. Or he'll go to his first read 50/50 ball. He ain't no Carson. He doesn't line up, audible at the line, get his offense in place, do some hard counts, watch the play clock, then throw a 50 yard bomb to the fourth read third string tight end or throwing dimes to his undrafted free agent RB.

They leaned on Dak more this year. The run game was struggling and they turned to him.  It's obvious. And that's why they're not as good as last year. Simple. And when they REALLY need him when they're down and can't run the ball, he really shows he's inefficiency. 

Trailing in games Dak has a 72.5 passer rating. 

You may say it could be just a small sample size but he's thrown 37% of his passes in those situations. He's been awful when they need him. He's got an 83 rating in the second half of games. 

Honestly this Philly/Dallas game will be the game of the year. Both teams build around the trenches and have QBs who don't make mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of game that kicks off a 15+ year rivalry era with Carson and Dak. We'll all remember this game 20 years from now. #HypeMan

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

Honestly this Philly/Dallas game will be the game of the year. Both teams build around the trenches and have QBs who don't make mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of game that kicks off a 15+ year rivalry era with Carson and Dak. We'll all remember this game 20 years from now. #HypeMan

Ever since David Irving got back from his PED suspension he's been a monster rushing from the interior for them. 6 sacks in his 4 games. That'll be interesting to see how we handle him and Lawrence.

3 hours ago, Phire said:

So Carson has thrown 32 more passes than Dak, having played one more game.

That's in an 8-1 year where we routinely have shut the passing game down and even had Foles take snaps. That's in a year where Dak threw the ball 50 times in garbage time against Denver.

Honestly, that's kind of embarrassing for Dak haha

And Wentz threw 46 times in vain, in his 1 INT 2 FUM 6 SCK loss against the Chiefs. In fact, that's where a lot his attempts come from.  He hasn't been asked to throw over 32 in a game since. Stats are funny.

For every Bronco you have, I have a Chief.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And Wentz threw 46 times in vain, in his 1 INT 2 FUM 6 SCK loss against the Chiefs. In fact, that's where a lot his attempts come from.  He hasn't been asked to throw over 32 in a game since. Stats are funny.

yet, we lost to the chiefs by 7 when they were steam rolling everyone and the broncos blew out the cowboys. 

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You do realize that you're essentially arguing that a player with nearly 200 more career pass attempts doesn't pass significantly more than the player with nearly 200 less career pass attempts... right? This isn't even worthy of debate. Dak is great at handing the ball off, just accept the compliment. 

• Like 1