πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Was anyone else surprised to see Nick Foles wearing glasses at a press conference at the SB?Β  Does he wear contacts during games?Β  Its a full contact sport, isn't there a high risk they get moved around in his eye or even knocked out?Β  He's made millions of dollars, why hasn't he just invested in Lasik?

They were likely non-prescription glasses. I have a pair of similar glasses just so I can look like an intellectual nerd from time to time. Wentz occasionally wears them too.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Was anyone else surprised to see Nick Foles wearing glasses at a press conference at the SB?Β  Does he wear contacts during games?Β  Its a full contact sport, isn't there a high risk they get moved around in his eye or even knocked out?Β  He's made millions of dollars, why hasn't he just invested in Lasik?

Some people have an astigmatism...

tenor.gif?itemid=5699289

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That is stupid.

Most fashion is. They also might be "dimming" lenses that help with camera flashes and crap. I'd get a migraine in 5 seconds if i had to sit through a press conference without shades. 20K!!!! FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jeezla

56 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

One of my co-workers recently got Lasik. She said some people actually don't qualify for Lasik. Not exactly sure what the medical terms are or whatever but if some membranes of your eye aren't a certain thickness or something you actually cannot get the procedure done. Long story short, not everyone can get Lasik.

But TBH I think those were fake glasses that hipsters get.

Just now, Phire said:

One of my co-workers recently got Lasik. She said some people actually don't qualify for Lasik. Not exactly sure what the medical terms are or whatever but if some membranes of your eye aren't a certain thickness or something you actually cannot get the procedure done. Long story short, not everyone can get Lasik.

But TBH I think those were fake glasses that hipsters get.

I hate hipsters.

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Washington isn't a good team. And they made a trade that doesn't make them better. In fact, probably worse considering the future assets given up.Β And then signed on to 4 more years of it. You may not think the team isn't any worse. But they sure as hell aren't better.Β 

First, they shouldn't have even gotten rid of Cousins. Secondly, if they were going to move on from him, they should have gutted the roster of overpriced, agingΒ players and started acquiring draft picks. What's the point of continuing to be mediocre? I'd understand if they are a perennial playoff team. But they're just a 7-9 win team. They just are retarding their growth. And as an Eagle fan, should make you happy to see.Β 

As I mentioned in the Skins Forum. This has nothing to do with wanting to keep Cousins. That Ship sailed 2 years ago. It was a pipe dream. They screwed the Pooch.

So it comes down to whether or not they want to go with a rookie on a COMPLETE rebuild or whether they believe they have Talent on the roster. I like their FO believe they have Talent , they're just Injured as &$##.

They are a few FA additions or via the draft on Offense away from being in the mix. Much like the Eagles this off-season. They were with Cousins and are with the Lateral move to Smith.Β 

It's easy to dump on the door mat and kick them while they're down but it's not a team void of talent. Just a team poorly ran by a POS FO and coached. A Rookie QB on that team would of been comical to watch in 2018. Comical.

Β 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

As I mentioned in the Skins Forum. This has nothing to do with wanting to keep Cousins. That Ship sailed 2 years ago. It was a pipe dream. They screwed the Pooch.

So it comes down to whether or not they want to go with a rookie on a COMPLETE rebuild or whether they believe they have Talent on the roster. I like their FO believe they have Talent , they're just Injured as &$##.

They are a few FA additions or via the draft on Offense away from being in the mix. Much like the Eagles this off-season. They were with Cousins and are with the Lateral move to Smith.Β 

It's easy to dump on the door mat and kick them while they're down but it's not a team void of talent. Just a team poorly ran by a POS FO and coached. A Rookie QB on that team would of been comical to watch in 2018. Comical.

Β 

I mean, if they had let Kirk walk and taken a QB 1st round, and signed a journeyman back up type QB to start until said rookie QB is ready, they'd probably just win 3-5 games and get a high pick rather than win 8-9.Β 

Because they are NOT winning more than 8-9 games in this conference with Alex Smith at QB.Β 

Regardless of what you think of their talent, there really is no objective argument to be made that they're even a top 10 team talent wise. I'd put them in the middle of the pack. And Jay Gruden is really not a very good coach. Their staff around him is solid but not spectacular.Β 

Their WRs are Doctson, Crowder, and Ryan grant....I don't see a #1 WR there. Unless you REALLY like Doctson that is. Which I don't. Jordan Reed, as talented as he is, has missed 4+ games EVERY season except for his one breakout year in 2015 when he had 952 yds and 11 tds in 14 games. And Vernon Davis is like 35 (just guessing here). Their RBs I like, but again, they're not some special duo. Thompson is primarily a receiver. Perine can run, but he's just a good player IMO. Not great. Their bread and butter is at OL. But there's a hole or two there also.Β 

And defensively they've gotten better, but they did just trade their best young corner. Breeland I like and Norman's probably only got a year or so left before he drops off a cliff like Revis did. DL is not very good it seems. Talented pass rushers in Kerrigan, Anderson, and Smith, though. That's their biggest strength is their OLBs, but I just don't see enough talent to say this team can contend with Smith at QB.

Smith will no longer have Andy Reid or Jim Harbaugh coaching him. That has to be taken into account also. Gruden is no QB whisperer, honestly. Smith has never shown that he can be even a decent QB when he didnt have Harbaugh or Andy coaching him. So who knows how he will be at age 34, being a mobile QB as well. He isn't going to play until he's 38+ like Brees, Brady, Manning, etc.

BTW the Redskins offense, even with Kirk at QB, was ranked 20th this season in DVOA. That is not good. They were 11th defensively, which they do have a above average defense sure, and 22nd on ST. Total team DVOA this team was ranked 16th. Not exactly world beaters.Β 

Β 

Β 

If I'm Kirk I'm going to Jax...Def is there

If I'm Cleveland's FO I'd go Cousins on a 3yr deal, #1 Barkley & #4 OL/BPA. Throw some money at Jarvis Landry and I have a contender for the division (on paper).Β 

The mess around and wait for a rookie QB, they could miss their window. What if Jackson isn't the guy? Push the clock back even more.Β 

29 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

If I'm Kirk I'm going to Jax...Def is there

There's a key issue with that. (Might be) Look at @Nabbs4u's thread in NFL News. They might be stuck with Bortles this year.

If I'm Kirk, there are a few teams I'm looking at next year.Β  Minnesota (They also have a crap ton of cap space), Denver Jacksonville, and Arizona. They all have talent in place that can be put to good use. The last three would have to use a large portion of their cap in order to fit him in though.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's a key issue with that. (Might be) Look at @Nabbs4u's thread in NFL News. They might be stuck with Bortles this year.

If I'm Kirk, there are a few teams I'm looking at next year.Β  Minnesota (They also have a crap ton of cap space), Denver Jacksonville, and Arizona. They all have talent in place that can be put to good use. The last three would have to use a large portion of their cap in order to fit him in though.

I didn't mention Denver because iyamΒ that AFCW is going to be tough sledding for a couple years at least until Rivers falls off. throwing a bunch of money at Cousins for a chance at the wildcard doesn't seem right.Β 

I did hear they optioned Bortles but its that injury clause year. So sit him behind Cousins he won't play he won't get that money iIrc.Β