πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just don't see how Dallas can be ranked that high with one of the worst defenses of all time last year. Oh well, cuz cowboys.

QB counts for a lot.Β  WFT would probably be ranked top 5 if they had Dak.

Β 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

16 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just don't see how Dallas can be ranked that high with one of the worst defenses of all time last year. Oh well, cuz cowboys.

Cowboys didnt even have the worst Defensive of 2020. Much less of "all time". It doesnt help your case to exaggerate.Β 

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

QB counts for a lot.Β  WFT would probably be ranked top 5 if they had Dak.

Β 

Honestly, Dak and 1 more above average WR and you guys are easily superbowl contenders. The rest of your team is good.Β 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Because rankings don't mean anything, or Dallas would have won 7 SB's with Romo. We were ranked like 15th-20th in preseason rankings the year we won the SB. Dallas was top 10. I'm guessing the Giants were ranked around 15th the year they won their first Eli SB. And the Cowboys were probably top 10.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Because rankings don't mean anything, or Dallas would have won 7 SB's with Romo. We were ranked like 15th-20th in preseason rankings the year we won the SB. Dallas was top 10. I'm guessing the Giants were ranked around 15th the year they won their first Eli SB. And the Cowboys were probably top 10.

Preseason rankings dont take into affect health of the entire league plus the "any given Sunday" factor (matchups)Β of the playoffs. Two of the biggest factors of winning a 'bowl. Call it luck, parity, momentum,Β whatever.Β 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Not to stir the pot, but the gap between the 3 other teams and the Eagles is probably that large. Which is why I chuckle each time a Philly fan says "we all suck so we could all win". That said, we are one Dak injury from being crap along with them.Β 

Well considering, as that tweet points out, that WFT was 30th and backed their way into winning the division, I think Philly has an okay shot. If Hurts is pretty good, then why not? I've got more faith in him panning out than Daniel Jones.Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Cowboys didnt even have the worst Defensive of 2020. Much less of "all time". It doesnt help your case to exaggerate.Β 

It was a really bad defense that was on pace for much of the season to be historically bad, and certainly merits in being a factor leading to a lower overall team ranking than what PFF Lindsey says.

The Cowboys don't even need Dak to get hurt to be bad. They just need Tyron Smith to get hurt. Anytime he goes down, their OL play falls off a cliff. If Tyron's surgically repaired neck doesn't hold up, Dallas is a dumpster. I just hope they don't out-dumpster us for the rights to Kyle Hamilton or Stingley.

Edited by Jeezla

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It was a really bad defense that was on pace for much of the season to be historically bad, and certainly merits in being a factor leading to a lower overall team ranking than what PFF Lindsey says.

Through the first half of the season it was terrible. The second half of the season it was decent. At one point we led the NFL in turnovers for ~6-8 weeks.Β 

It was also the midpoint of the season when McCarthy basically told Nolan to change everything up and quit with all the gadgetry.Β 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Not to stir the pot, but the gap between the 3 other teams and the Eagles is probably that large. Which is why I chuckle each time a Philly fan says "we all suck so we could all win". That said, we are one Dak injury from being crap along with them.Β 

I'd say the Eagles are fairly ranked there, but every other team in the division is overrated to start the season as the NFC East usually is....

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd say the Eagles are fairly ranked there, but every other team in the division is overrated to start the season as the NFC East usually is....

Its pretty much general ball parkΒ with my thinking, tbh. I think WFT and Dallas will be playoff caliber teams, NYG will be mediocre caliber. Obviously health and all the normal disclaimers.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think most would argue it’s not that big, but not that the Eagles would be much higher but the rest of the teams are too high and all have fairly easy ways you can envision them failing.

Cowboys are the only one I’d say will make the playoffs, or I guess SHOULD make the playoffs. Like if they don’t that’ll be pretty bad. The defense sucks but teams can get over that.

Off the top of my head I’d put it like

12Β - Cowboys

17Β - WFT

24Β - GiantsΒ 

26Β - Eagles

Β 

as for those easy to seeΒ reasons why they could fail…

Cowboys - Defense continues to be cheeks and the offense doesn’t still can’t get toΒ a new level to overcome it.

WFT - They are relying on Fitz, who’s been up and down his entire career,Β to take them there without a ton on offense.Β 

Giants - Danny dimes is their QB, building but still not built out super well along the line.

So if even two of those happen and Hurts proves to be any sort of QBΒ it’s easy to see a path to the playoffs. Because it’s the NFC East and usually what couldΒ go wrong, will go wrong for at least two of the teams, and a lot of time 3 of them.

But the flipside is obviously Hurts is too much of an unknown and him becoming the guy isΒ not something I’d be super confident in based off of on the field play. He’s great off of it, but that’s not gonna get you much beyond just a roster that no longer hates the leader of the team now that it’s not a lonerΒ headcase that doesn’t seem to like to put in the work.

The rest of the roster is fine and can get the job done, especially if they make a move for a CB2. But quarterback is too big of a question to feel confident. I meanΒ can feel optimistic he’ll make it work like Washington does that Fitz will prove to be a good playoff caliber starter as he nears 40 and the Giants’ fans doΒ that Danny Dimes will finally put it together…but it’s purely optimism and not a ton of based in facts reason.

Β 

Β 

Β 

My own take of how the year will go rn before we see how any of this is coming together.

Cowboys 10-7 EastΒ winner, lose in divisional.

WFT - 8-9 misses playoffs, failing on the offense. I could see them starting off hot and collapsing in the back third. Their best shot is stacking wins as Olines take time to gel.

Eagles 6-11, Hurts is solid at times but still flawed. They probably see enough to look elsewhere next year (Draft, Watson, etc)

Giants 5-12, Just doesn’t come together. They can either look for a new QB or try yet again to make something happen that’s just not there.Β