πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

β€œIn the spirit of that engagement, I want to address a name that has emerged amongst our fanbase, β€œWarriors.” One might look at this name as a natural, and even harmless transition considering that it does not necessarily or specifically carry a negative connotation,” Wright wrote. β€œBut as we learned through our research and engagement with various groups, β€œcontext matters” and that makes it a β€œslippery slope.” Feedback from across communities we engaged clearly revealed deep-seated discomfort around Warriors, with the clear acknowledgment that it too closely aligns with Native American themes. Such an embrace of potentially Native-adjacent iconography and imagery would not represent a clear departure that many communities have so forcefully advocated for us to embrace, and that frankly, we set out to do when we started this process a year ago.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/12/new-washington-football-team-name-will-not-be-warriors/Β 

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

So after the Indians and WFT team change their names. Will the mob go after Golden State next in that case?

Probably fine, they used a headdress logo way back in the day but it’s just been a vague term since. The 90s rebrand kinda shifted it towards more of generic muscle warrior (like future Greek/Roman).

I get what they’reΒ saying, Warriors would be just be a way to sidestep things and not move beyond the last name. It’d probably be fine but if they are going through all this trouble it’s probably best to fully depart. Takes away some of the ways the Native American motifs would probably continue.

I think this was also mostly because they couldn’t get the trademarks, it being too vagueΒ and it being used by other teams already. This is most likelyΒ just them framing it in a way to get points. It’s a popular name for the rebrand so this gives them a plausible reason for shutting it down.Β 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, Danger said:

I just noticed a really weird oddity with out schedule. We play in the Meadowlands in back to back weeks.Β 

After that road game in Denver mid November we really barely travel at all. Start out home against the Saints, then the games in the Meadowlands against the Jets/Giants, back home for the bye week, then Football Team and Giants at home, over a short ride to Washington and back home for the finale against the Cowboys at the Linc.

Really we only do bus rides to NJ and DC and if you go back farther to the start of November the only plane ride we take for the last 9 games/10 weeks is the trip to Denver for the game on November 14th.

They'll probably be tired as hell from traveling the first half of the season with no bye until week 14 (smh…) though. Start off in ATL to PHI to DAL to PHI to CAR to PHI to to LVΒ to DET to PHI to DEN to PHI.Β 

Projecting the NFL’s best and worst pass-protecting offensive lines: Ranking pass block win rates for 2021 - ESPN+
7. Philadelphia Eagles. Projected PBWR: 61%. Pass block win rate strongly suggested that the offensive line in Philadelphia was better than most believed, as the Eagles finished 11th in the metric. Yes, Carson Wentz led the league in sack rate and had the sixth-highest pressure rate, but he also had the fifth-highest time before pass average, suggesting he played a significant role in those pressures and sacks β€” as quarterbacks often do. The model likes Philly to improve in 2021 in pass protection in part because of the possibility of a full season from Johnson, who played in only seven games in 2020. [BLG Note: The Colts are 9th, the Cowboys are 15th, the Football Team is 18th, theΒ DolphinsΒ are 30th, and the Giants are 32nd.]

Saw this on BGN.Β Don’t have ESPN+, so can’t post the rest of the NFC East, but you can see their rankings at the bottom.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Β 

Saw this on BGN.Β Don’t have ESPN+, so can’t post the rest of the NFC East, but you can see their rankings at the bottom.

Kind of a weird presentation, from a WFT standpoint at least.Β For the record, I think WFT fans (and 2020 metrics) are probably overrating the quality of our OL as well. But I don’t really get how they handled their analysis on this article.Β 

Basically, they go through all their WFT projectedΒ starters (Leno, Flowers, Roullier, Scherff, Cosmi) and their rankings from last season. Then, in the write-up portion, they spend the the whole time talking about how WFT actually has two other players (Lucas and Schweitzer) who their numbersΒ like more than some of the starters.Β 

Huh? Why would you β€œproject” that they’ll choose to play lesser players? Maybe they will, teams do irrational things all the time, but it just seems odd to ground your entire projection on the assumption that a team will actively choose to bench the players you think are better. It’s not like there won’t be an open competition β€” Leno, Roullier, and Scherff are probably locks to start if healthy, but why would they play Flowers and Cosmi if it turns out that Lucas and Schweitzer actually are the better options, as the author suggests.Β 

Just seems like a weird approach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Just seems like a weird approach.

That is odd, but I’ve seen OL rankings that other NFCE fans have posted in here that put Dillard as the projected starter at LT for us when he’s not the favorite andΒ overrate Washington and/orΒ Dallas, so it’s nice to see the shoe on the other foot for once.Β 

Edit: And, like I said I don’t have ESPN+, so I can’t read the blurb about each teams rankings to try and understand the logic behind where they put each of our teams.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy