🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I want to go over there and discuss Evan Engram but no one is ever around!

Well, that's why I came here.  You won't get that kind of service from anyone else.

I'm pretty excited about Engram.  He's going to add an extra dimension to this offense.  OBJ and Marshall working the outside, Engram and Sheppard working the middle of the field.  Last year the Giants really had only one threat on offense, and teams focused all of their attention on OBJ.  If that happens this year, Marshall and Engram will make defenses pay.  The addition of both Engram and Rhett  Ellison who is a great blocker, gives the Giants a lot of flexibility formation-wise.  Engram can line up in-line and out wide, Ellison can line up in-line and in the backfield.  It should be fun to watch.  Now if only the offensive line holds up.

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

Well, that's why I came here.  You won't get that kind of service from anyone else.

I'm pretty excited about Engram.  He's going to add an extra dimension to this offense.  OBJ and Marshall working the outside, Engram and Sheppard working the middle of the field.  Last year the Giants really had only one threat on offense, and teams focused all of their attention on OBJ.  If that happens this year, Marshall and Engram will make defenses pay.  The addition of both Engram and Rhett  Ellison who is a great blocker, gives the Giants a lot of flexibility formation-wise.  Engram can line up in-line and out wide, Ellison can line up in-line and in the backfield.  It should be fun to watch.  Now if only the offensive line holds up.

If he plays as advertised, and how he did at Ole Miss I have a hard time seeing how teams are going to defend him. Unless you have a super star WILL LB, who happens to be able to keep up with someone who runs a 4.4, or a safety who can man up with someone who is 6'3 235 lbs and not get out muscled I don't know what you're supposed to do. Watching him leading up to the draft, it just seemed there are very few defenders in the league that match up well with him without devoting extra attention to him.

Bottom line, as an Eagles fan your offense worries me.

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If he plays as advertised, and how he did at Ole Miss I have a hard time seeing how teams are going to defend him. Unless you have a super star WILL LB, who happens to be able to keep up with someone who runs a 4.4, or a safety who can man up with someone who is 6'3 235 lbs and not get out muscled I don't know what you're supposed to do. Watching him leading up to the draft, it just seemed there are very few defenders in the league that match up well with him without devoting extra attention to him.

Bottom line, as an Eagles fan your offense worries me.

I think the best comparison is a less murdery Aaron Hernandez.  But even then, Engram blows him out of the water combine numbers wise.

@Phire The beat writers talk about the athleticism during training camp.  In the first preseason game he had one catch and run for a first down.  Showed the speed a bit, looked like he was willing to scrap in the blocking game.

It's also comforting looking at the Giants first round pick history and seeing they really know how to pick talent.  Flowers has been a disappointment, but looking down the line all of those guys could play.  Sure, a few had their careers cut short by injury, but they all could play.

Edited by Gmen

17 minutes ago, Phire said:

Was pretty close to snapping his leg. He got lucky it wasn't worse. However, these are the types of injuries that linger for a season. As soon as he got hit, I was like why the hell is he even playing. Does Odell have to prove anything in preseason? Dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Was pretty close to snapping his leg. He got lucky it wasn't worse. However, these are the types of injuries that linger for a season. As soon as he got hit, I was like why the hell is he even playing. Does Odell have to prove anything in preseason? Dumb. 

Yea that could've been terrible.