πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Congratulations @Matts4313Β the Cowboys beat an already peaked Kansas City Chiefs. Lets see them beat a real quarterback in 2 weeks.Β 

Wasnt Alex Smith largely being talked about as the best QB in the NFL as recently as 5 hours ago? Im pretty sure the NFL as a whole has sung his praises.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

We have a few posters, most notably Plan9, who only post after losses and all they do is claim how bad our coaching staff is. Thats literally their only contribution to the forum. A couple more who are emotionally unstable whether we win or lose (rtnldave) just post jibberish.Β 

But I think outside of normal venting, most of us feel pretty good about the team and the direction we are heading. I mean, why wouldnt we? Our only 2 good players who are old are Witten and Scandrick.Β 

There is very good reason to be feeling good in Dallas right now.

Until you play the Eagles in two weeks...

Wasnt Alex Smith largely being talked about as the best QB in the NFL as recently as 5 hours ago? Im pretty sure the NFL as a whole has sung his praises.Β 

Yeahhhhhh 12 years of Alex Smith History doesn't convince me or anyone else on this thread.Β 

Neither does 9 games of Wentz history.Β 

The thing Wentz has going for him is that he is in his 2nd season and is already the MVP frontrunner... When's the last time that happened? Smith and the Chiefs peaked, it's all downhill from here.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Here's some context as to why the Eagles are so good this season. They have scored Touchdowns on 72.4% of their trips to the red zone. The league average is about 51%.

Jake Elliot is 14/16 beyond 40 yards, 87.5%. The league average is 75.9%

#1 3rd down teamΒ 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Matts spinning a web of excuses so thick I feel like I am in that terrible 90's live action Mario Brothers movie and that mess is my father.

Extra points if you have any frame of reference for that jokeΒ 

bruh I probably wasn't even bornΒ 

Just now, eagles18 said:

The thing Wentz has going for him is that he is in his 2nd season and is already the MVP frontrunner... When's the last time that happened? Smith and the Chiefs peaked, it's all downhill from here.

I mean, Dak was being talked about as an MVP candidate his rookie year. Same with RG3. But as for 2nd year... I dunno, Marino?Β 

Lets see what happens when you guys start playing teams with winning records. So far the only two teams youve played with winning records are the Chiefs (you lost) and the Panthers (who suck). Granted you have a fairly easy schedule this entire year and should coast to the #1 seed... butΒ  3-5 of the rest of your games could be against winning squads.Β 

I mean, Dak was being talked about as an MVP candidate his rookie year. Same with RG3. But as for 2nd year... I dunno, Marino?Β 

Lets see what happens when you guys start playing teams with winning records. So far the only two teams youve played with winning records are the Chiefs (you lost) and the Panthers (who suck). Granted you have a fairly easy schedule this entire year and should coast to the #1 seed... butΒ  3-5 of the rest of your games could be against winning squads.Β 

who cares about all that noise

we're gonna play each other. we'll settle it then

I wouldn't say we had an easy schedule. 3 of our first 4 games were road games including one across the country. The Panther and Philly were 4-1 and the league thought Cam was back and ready to knock some heads around...... Philly won and never looked back.Β 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Here's some context as to why the Eagles are so good this season. They have scored Touchdowns on 72.4% of their trips to the red zone. The league average is about 51%.

Jake Elliot is 14/16 beyond 40 yards, 87.5%. The league average is 75.9%

Heres also some context: The teams youve beat are a combined 25-41