πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Matts4313 said:

So far through out there career, isnt Dak the more efficient QB?

Dak has the higher completion %

Dak has the higher yards per attempt

Dak has more Touchdowns thrownΒ 

Dak has more touchdowns run

Dak has less INTs

Dak has a higher QB rating and QBR

Dak is much better at avoiding the sack

Wentz has more bulk passing yards tho

Β 

More touchdowns wins this argument imo. 2017 passer ratings: Dak 97.9 Wentz 104.1

8 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

More touchdowns wins this argument imo. 2017 passer ratings: Dak 97.9 Wentz 104.1

Β 

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Β 

Dallas beats 49ers while putting up 40 points = Gods of the NFL (31st defense)

Eagles beat Denver while putting up 51 points = Overrated (1st defense)

LOL, This is the worst case of "ijustgotmyasshandedtome-itus" ive seen in a while.Β 

(claims efficiency wins)

(proved to be more inefficient than competitor)

(cites a bulk stat and deflects)

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Β 

LOL, This is the worst case of "ijustgotmyasshandedtome-itus" ive seen in a while.Β 

(claims efficiency wins)

(proved to be more inefficient than competitor)

(cites a bulk stat and deflects)

My efficiency comment was a direct reply to your "carson and dak are averaging the same amount of passes in '17.. Well Carson has done more with those passes than Dak has.Β 

Β 

Regardless, Dak isn't in the MVP discussion, but Carson "can't miss" Wentz is . Thats all that needs to be said.Β 

30 minutes ago, Phire said:

It's that fool, SkipΒ Brainless, the Haul, and Dallas fans against the world

lol, or its eagles fans and former eagles players with their heads buried in the dirt?

Im not sure what this even means though. We all acknowledge Wentz is good? Its you lot that struggle with the fact that Dak is just as good (and better for their careers).

Honestly SOS doesn't matter. Both teams are facing similar schedules. Only a few team difference. Should be an interesting end to the season for both teams since we have to face each other twice still.

Eagles still have Rams, Seahawks, Raiders, Cowboys x 2

Cowboys still have Falcons, Raiders, Seahawks, Eagles x 2

It's going to be a tough end of the season for both teams. But these trials in the regular season will only help with post season chances as they get to prove themselves.Β 

• Like 1

The NFC East is lit.

TheΒ Dallas CowboysΒ knocked off one of the few AFC contenders by double digits. TheΒ Philadelphia EaglesΒ blew the doors off theΒ Denver Broncos. TheΒ Washington RedskinsΒ -- with four offensive linemen injured -- beat theΒ SeahawksΒ in Seattle. TheΒ New York GiantsΒ also played football on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000873011/article/tamba-hali-cowboys-are-best-team-in-the-league

Im dead. lol

Β 

Also, from the article:

"In my opinion I think we did well on the run," Hali said of Sunday's 28-17 loss to Dallas. "I think their quarterback was really the key in this game, finding a way to make plays down the stretch."

We should note that while Prescott and theΒ CowboysΒ offense continues its stellar play, the Dallas defense has finally plugged the holes that cost it versus L.A. and Green Bay this season, making theΒ CowboysΒ a balanced force.

Β 

Edited by Matts4313

Cowboys fans keep clinging to career stats because that is the only thing they have left. What a shocker that a kid with not much starting experience from an FCS school didn't light the league on fire year 1. As everyone said though, he was the better talent. Year 2 after that FCS kid takes a leap he is showing he is clearly the better QB. Time to move on.Β 

23 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Cowboys fans keep clinging to career stats because that is the only thing they have left. What a shocker that a kid with not much starting experience from an FCS school didn't light the league on fire year 1. As everyone said though, he was the better talent. Year 2 after that FCS kid takes a leap he is showing he is clearly the better QB. Time to move on.Β 

Dallas was always a talented team. They had no business taking a draft pick in the top 10, but due to Romo's injury, an already talented team was able to pick up Zeke without trading up. Dak landed on a team that already had playoff expectations year in and year out under Romo, an established coaching staff, and one of the best OLs in the league (if not THE best last year).

I would say Wentz playing at North Dakota State has little to do with it. He was ready for the NFL last year. But our roster definitely wasn't. He was drafted into the disaster Chip Kelly left behind. But overall, yeah, comparing career stats is pretty dumb. Dallas was a talented team last year, the same couldn't have been said for the Eagles, especially missing Lane Johnson for half the year.

I think both Dallas and the Eagles are among the best teams in the NFL. They both run the ball well and have capable young QBs. Same with the Rams. All three of these teams with 2016 QBs have similar teams. They run the ball, stop the run, and their QBs can make pretty much any NFL throw.

It sucks that this means we're on a divisional collision course for the next decade or more, but hey, it'll be quality football.

Dallas has anΒ immense amount of talent on their offense. The Eagles don't have any skill position players that measure up to Dez and Zeke, and as good as our OLine is, the Cowboys is even better. Yeah, we have a better defense so it evens out to an extent, but Dallas might legitimately have the most balanced offense in the entire NFL.

One thing to note, Dak is on a 4 year deal and Carson is on a 5 year deal. Eagles will have an extra year to have a cheap QB before having to spend the big bucks on that position. Will be interesting to see how both teams navigate around those contracts.

Their WR depth is definitely better, but is Dez that much better than Alshon? I think it's close, Dez is not the same WR he was a few years ago. Ertz is definitely better than Witten in terms of pass catching. Zeke alone gives them the edge in the RB department, all of our 4 runners combined would maybe be as good as he is. We still have a strong stable of backs.Β At OL, they get the edge but it's somewhat close. I give us the edge at QB, as I think Wentz is simply the superior QB, but Dak is a good QB himself who has shown to be a more than adequate atΒ maximizingΒ the talent around him. Zeke is really the only significant advantage on either side when it comes to offense, and he may not even play.

Β 

I give them the slight edge on offense, but I think we have a slightly bigger edge on defense, thusΒ I think we're better. PlusΒ Jake Elliott the GOAT just seals the deal. It's close enough that I wouldn't be surprised by a close loss, of course a comfortable win from the Cowboys would likely make my opinion change. We'll see in 2 weeks.

36 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Their WR depth is definitely better, but is Dez that much better than Alshon? I think it's close, Dez is not the same WR he was a few years ago. Ertz is definitely better than Witten in terms of pass catching. Zeke alone gives them the edge in the RB department, all of our 4 runners combined would maybe be as good as he is. We still have a strong stable of backs.Β At OL, they get the edge but it's somewhat close. I give us the edge at QB, as I think Wentz is simply the superior QB, but Dak is a good QB himself who has shown to be a more than adequate atΒ maximizingΒ the talent around him. Zeke is really the only significant advantage on either side when it comes to offense, and he may not even play.

Β 

I give them the slight edge on offense, but I think we have a slightly bigger edge on defense, thusΒ I think we're better. PlusΒ Jake Elliott the GOAT just seals the deal. It's close enough that I wouldn't be surprised by a close loss, of course a comfortable win from the Cowboys would likely make my opinion change. We'll see in 2 weeks.

I don't Dez's regression is him becoming a worse player, just a correlation of changing from Romo to Dak who doesn't throw nearly as many contested balls as Romo used to. That is why Dez's numbers have fallen off a cliff imo.

I agree though that our defense puts us over the top for now.