πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Real.talk though: Is Kirk Cousins really much better than Nick Foles?

Not really but teams will think so or at the very least like that they don’t have to give anything up for him (besides a huge deal)

honestly I can’t blame the skins for not wanting him long term and wanting someone who could elevate the team around them. Kirk seemed like he was good but would never really take the team anywhere.

but it being the Skins it’ll likely blow up in their face.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not really but teams will think so or at the very least like that they don’t have to give anything up for him (besides a huge deal)

honestly I can’t blame the skins for not wanting him long term and wanting someone who could elevate the team around them. Kirk seemed like he was good but would never really take the team anywhere.

but it being the Skins it’ll likely blow up in their face.

Would you rather give up a pick and give Nick a cheap 1 year try out or sign kirk cousins for the biggest contract in history and be stuck with him if he doesnt work out?

You guys are letting your recent memory blind you a bit. Β Cousins has proven he can play well over a full length season, Foles has struggled in the past as β€œthe guy” over a full season. Β Yes Foles just won some really big games but he didn’t have to get there. If I were a GM I’d be more interested in Cousins than Foles. Β That being said, I think the people saying the Redskins will get anything for Cousins are kidding themselves. Β That ship has sailed. Β 

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Would you rather give up a pick and give Nick a cheap 1 year try out or sign kirk cousins for the biggest contract in history and be stuck with him if he doesnt work out?

The problem with your scenario is that any team will have to give up draft picks for Foles. Β So yes, they’ll have to pay Cousins a lot more money, but he’s a free agent. Β Also, if Foles pans out they’ll have to pay a lot of money anyways.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

You guys are letting your recent memory blind you a bit. Β Cousins has proven he can play well over a full length season, Foles has struggled in the past as β€œthe guy” over a full season. Β Yes Foles just won some really big games but he didn’t have to get there. If I were a GM I’d be more interested in Cousins than Foles. Β That being said, I think the people saying the Redskins will get anything for Cousins are kidding themselves. Β That ship has sailed. Β 

Long term,Β Kirk is the better option, sure. For a team withΒ win-now mentality, Foles just might edge Kirk, dependingΒ on the staff.Β 

Β 

AJ McCarron is also now a free agent, and its considered a deep first round for QBs. Β I know it only takes one team but there are a lot of other options out there. Β If the QB needy teams fill up on these others the Eagles May be stuck holding Foles in musical chairs. β€œ

Edit - β€œstuck” is on probably a bad word, he obviously gives y’all a good backup.

Edited by MKnight82

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Β If the QB needy teams fill up on these others the Eagles May be stuck holding Foles in musical chairs.

In the end, that’s fine. FolesΒ doesn’t have to go anywhere, he’s still under contract in 2018.Β 

35 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

AJ McCarron is also now a free agent, and its considered a deep first round for QBs. Β I know it only takes one team but there are a lot of other options out there. Β If the QB needy teams fill up on these others the Eagles May be stuck holding Foles in musical chairs. β€œ

Edit - β€œstuck” is on probably a bad word, he obviously gives y’all a good backup.

Meh aj mccarron sucks I dont even think that alters Nick's market. A.J. and a rookie first rounder will end up in the same place.Β 

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Yeah, but the only place he really struggled was with Jeff Fisher who might seriously be QB kryptonite. Outside of that, he has been really good. You could convince me that 27-2 was a fluke. You could convince me that this past Super Bowl run was a fluke. It's hard to look at them both as flukes.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Foles aside. What is it that people see in McCarron? There's been nothing to suggest he's any better than the time he was drafted to me.

I think you kinda hit the nail on the head...they haven’t seen him.Β 

So he also hasn’t been bad yet and seems like he could be a viable option.

I guess it’s what he did in 2015? But that wasn’t all that impressive.

Β