🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

27 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I posted this in the NFL Draft forum:

When the Browns took Baker, I was cursing at my TV because I couldn't believe the Giants were able to get Darnold..... then they draft a RB lol. You have a QB with one year left, no post-Eli plan, and your O-line can't run-block worth a damn! And you draft a RB at #2?

Major, major gaffe by the Giants.

Nah, passing on darnold was the smartest move the giants could have made. They get a potential all pro rb instead of a sure fire bust at qb. Davis Webb will be better in the nfl than darnold.

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

You will witness the greatness that is Davis Webb.

The whole RB / OL debate is the chicken / egg debate.  An elite runner like Barkley will make plays with or without a good line because he can catch out of the backfield.  Secondly, the Giants line will look very different this year.  New LT, LG, OC already.  I expect they’ll add either a new RG and/or RT tonight.  Will Hernandez would go a long way in improving the run blocking.  

I understand the desire for a new QB.  I was torn on the matter myself.  But you can’t be upset with the prospect of having the best WR/RB/TE trio in the NFL.  Eli just has be a distributor and get the ball to his playmakers.  He can do that until 40.

I don't know your guys' blocking scheme but if it's power, then Will Hernandez would be a great addition to that line. If Davis Webb turns out to be good, then obviously my foot will be in my mouth but I have my reservations about that. We'll see in time but I think Darnold and Rosen are going to turn into really good QB's.

If you look at each division, the team with the best QB almost always wins. In a division with Wentz and Dak, competing with a below average QB isn't going to be sustainable.

11 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I don't know your guys' blocking scheme but if it's power, then Will Hernandez would be a great addition to that line. If Davis Webb turns out to be good, then obviously my foot will be in my mouth but I have my reservations about that. We'll see in time but I think Darnold and Rosen are going to turn into really good QB's.

If you look at each division, the team with the best QB almost always wins. In a division with Wentz and Dak, competing with a below average QB isn't going to be sustainable.

Dak isn’t a good quarterback in my opinion.  And the Eagles already met their quota of winning for this century.  This is the Giants division until Eli hits 43 and retires with his 5th Super Bowl.

Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Dak isn’t a good quarterback in my opinion.  And the Eagles already met their quota of winning for this century.  This is the Giants division until Eli hits 43 and retires with his 5th Super Bowl.

Thoughts?

I think the Giants will be a good team this season depending on Eli's play. he has all the weapons around him. Redskins are lacking in talent outside of aging/ailing TEs. Cowboys have no depth and no receiving threats.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

You will witness the greatness that is Davis Webb.

The whole RB / OL debate is the chicken / egg debate.  An elite runner like Barkley will make plays with or without a good line because he can catch out of the backfield.  Secondly, the Giants line will look very different this year.  New LT, LG, OC already.  I expect they’ll add either a new RG and/or RT tonight.  Will Hernandez would go a long way in improving the run blocking.  

I understand the desire for a new QB.  I was torn on the matter myself.  But you can’t be upset with the prospect of having the best WR/RB/TE trio in the NFL.  Eli just has be a distributor and get the ball to his playmakers.  He can do that until 40.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Thoughts?

Nah man the Redskins will........hahahaha I can't even get through that with a straight face.  I'm dead inside.

• Like 2

Leighton Vander Esch is definitely talented and +athlete. But the second you say there are cervical spine concerns, I'm out.

Obviously, I don't know the details of his medical history or the severity so it's hard to say for sure. But you tell me that any football player had a past medical history of a cervical spine injury and that's going to catch my attention. Then you tell me that this is a LB and I'm going to shake my head at how sad that could turn out to be. Then you tell me that he's a particularly physical LB and I'm out. Cervical spine injuries are no joke.

The fact that one team reportedly crossed him off their list is telling.

If my future kid has a cervical spine injury, no more football. That's it. You have 50+ years to live, don't mess around with the C spine.

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Thoughts?

I don't want to sound unrealistic here but I think the Eagles will be in play for more than one SB this decade... Carson Wentz is going into his third year in the league fresh off an mvp caliber season, Doug Pederson is already talked about as one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL,  and our roster is stacked for at least the next three seasons.. This is the Eagles division until one of the lesser teams decide to challenge us. 

9 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I don't want to sound unrealistic here but I think the Eagles will be in play for more than one SB this decade... Carson Wentz is going into his third year in the league fresh off an mvp caliber season, Doug Pederson is already talked about as one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL,  and our roster is stacked for at least the next three seasons.. This is the Eagles division until one of the lesser teams decide to challenge us. 

I wish this was true but he´s coming off a major injury.