πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Couldn’t be happier that the Cowboys cut Dez late in FA process, only to have Witten retire during draft weekend, only to pass on Calvin Ridley and Courtland Sutton, just to have us move one spot ahead of them for Goedert.Β 

3 minutes ago, 808 said:

Couldn’t be happier that the Cowboys cut Dez late in FA process, only to have Witten retire during draft weekend, only to pass on Calvin Ridley and Courtland Sutton, just to have us move one spot ahead of them for Goedert.Β 

Didn't think about it but nice to get in front of the Pats too there, if Gronk is indeed nearing the end

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I hate to say it but I really like the Giants draft so far.Β  Not sure what Dallas is doing, I hate their draft.Β  I've been happy with the Skins draft so far.

Da'Ron Payne feels like a reach to me, personally.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Da'Ron Payne feels like a reach to me, personally.

I mean I can see that.Β  Depends on whether he can stay on the field on passing downs.Β  The Redskins were the worst ranked rush defense in the league last year though.Β Β 

51 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm not worried about the giants draft. They had their shot to take a qb and passed on ever being good for years.Β 

Don't have to be good for years, Just next season. If you don't think having a healthyΒ 

OBJ

Saquon

Soldier

Hernandez

makes them better in 2018 you're in denial. They worry me way more then Dallas. Way more.

Obviously there is still some unknown with the two Rookie RB in Saquon and Guice.Β 

Is there a better Division in football with RB's then the NFCE?Β 

Zeke/Morris/McFadden

Ajayi/Sproles/Clement

Saquon/Darkwa

Guice/Thompson/Perrine

I instantly think of the NFCW with DJ and Gurley but then who? NFCS with NO/ATL but then who?

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't have to be good for years, Just next season. If you don't think having a healthyΒ 

OBJ

Saquon

Soldier

Hernandez

makes them better in 2018 you're in denial. They worry me way more then Dallas. Way more.

Exactly.

@Gmen

Can you make a list of changes to your starting 22 from 2017 to 2018? I want to see if there's anything else I'm missing.

Β 

Also, While I don't think Pat Shurmur is going to be a top 5 coach in the league necessarily, I'm confident he'll be better than McAdoodoo, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Giants definitely got better

But I feel like it's too common of an occurrence that they have these types of drafts and it never really amounts to much.
Like they always get "value" guys a round or two later and get high grading marks, and then the guy doesnt work out.

39 minutes ago, Danger said:

Exactly.

@Gmen

Can you make a list of changes to your starting 22 from 2017 to 2018? I want to see if there's anything else I'm missing.

Β 

Also, While I don't think Pat Shurmur is going to be a top 5 coach in the league necessarily, I'm confident he'll be better than McAdoodoo, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

It's hard to create a list of 2017 starters because there were so many injuries.Β Β  Obviously our receiving corp was decimated from top to bottom.Β  OBJ, Marhsall, Sheppard all got injured early in the season.Β  Our offensive line, in addition to sucking, was injured - both Pugh and Richburg missed significant time.Β  Janoris Jenkins, BJ Goodson, and Vernon all missed time on defense.

I think the most welcome change is the new commitment to the running game.Β  We've been at or near the bottom of the league in rushing for 7 years in a row, which makes defending the pass much easier.Β  They replaced Pugh and Richburg, two guys that are undersized zone blocking types, with Hernandez and Omemah who are both 327 pound maulers in the run game.Β  Obviously they landed Nate Solder who was one of the premiere free agent available.Β  That may allow Flowers to move to RT and hopefully resurrect his career.Β  But at leastΒ  3/5 of the offensive line is new.Β  The Giants also signed Jonathon Stewart this offseason in addition to drafting Barkley, so there has been a complete and welcome overhaul to the Giants running game.Β  I will be shocked if the Giants don't have a top 10 rushing attack next year.Β Β  And with OBJ and Engram split out wide, it'll be hard for defenses to cheat and stack the box.Β  There's a lot to be excited about, but it's a completely new regime and new philosophy on both offense and defense, so only time will tell.

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I hate to say it but I really like the Giants draft so far.Β  Not sure what Dallas is doing, I hate their draft.Β  I've been happy with the Skins draft so far.

Dallas got their LB where we are incredibly thin. LVE is a guy they are super high on, as are many on the forum. Williams gives them another mauler at OG. Something we were missing after Leary left. And now we got a WR who is a pretty damn good route runner. Not sure what you don't like.

Β 

I'm liking all the NFC East drafts honestly. Everyone has done a really good job with their picks.Β 

30 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Dallas got their LB where we are incredibly thin. LVE is a guy they are super high on, as are many on the forum. Williams gives them another mauler at OG. Something we were missing after Leary left. And now we got a WR who is a pretty damn good route runner. Not sure what you don't like.

Β 

I'm liking all the NFC East drafts honestly. Everyone has done a really good job with their picks.Β 

Wonder where LVE ends up, he was so up and down

A couple games he looked like a monster, other games he played like 160 pound corner in the middle of the defense, not taking on blocks well and just not using that body.
I think Sean Lee will help him a lot with the prep work and get him to a teachable point with his instincts.

A lot of potential there

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Wonder where LVE ends up, he was so up and down

A couple games he looked like a monster, other games he played like 160 pound corner in the middle of the defense, not taking on blocks well and just not using that body.
I think Sean Lee will help him a lot with the prep work and get him to a teachable point with his instincts.

A lot of potential there

We will need crazy athletes like him to deal with Ertz and Goedert.Β :(