πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Everyone inside the organization has pretty strongly denied any of that happened, but who knows. Thought he would've been a good fit, but I like our draft. I don't like trading up and wasting assets on Australian projects, but he's got insane tools to work with and is still just 21.

There's so much potential with Mailata I'm surprised he lasted that long TBH. 6'8 350 doesn't grow on trees. Let alone 6'8 350 and Athletic running a 5.0.

As I mentioned a few weeks back my only concern is him Mentally being able to pick up a NFL offense. Learning verbage, learning blocking schemes, learning assignments.

Things players like Peters, Lane, Villanueva and a dozen plus other OT had as either TE/QB growing up in the game. The rest can be taught. Especially with someone so young! Best pick of the draft outside of Dallas.

He'll if he somehow makes the 53 wouldn't be surprised in the least if he had a RZ package/play or 3. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's so much potential with Mailata I'm surprised he lasted that long TBH. 6'8 350 doesn't grow on trees. Let alone 6'8 350 and Athletic running a 5.0.

As I mentioned a few weeks back my only concern is him Mentally being able to pick up a NFL offense. Learning verbage, learning blocking schemes, learning assignments.

Things players like Peters, Lane, Villanueva and a dozen plus other OT had as either TE/QB growing up in the game. The rest can be taught. Especially with someone so young! Best pick of the draft outside of Dallas.

He'll if he somehow makes the 53 wouldn't be surprised in the least if he had a RZ package/play or 3. LOL

Yea, like I said I think he's years away.

I think it would be cool to put him in some packages where a 6th offensive lineman is brought in.Β 

36 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Trollsman killed it trading up and taking Goedert in front of Dallas.Β 

Also beyondΒ that...itΒ was in front of New England too, two picks later. And they then traded out.

I'm sure they would've been eyeing up a 2nd TE/guy to replace Gronk since he seems like he might call it a career sooner than people thought

But getting in front of Dallas for Dallas was more poetic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

We have the best QB in the NFCE and Carson Wentz.

Who is the third best QB? Alex Smith?

1. Carson Wentz
2. Nick Foles
3. Eli Manning (at least for this upcomming season)
4. Alex Smith
5. Davis Webb
6. Colt McCoy
7. Rayne Prescott

1. Wentz
2. Smith
3. Dak
4. Manning

Dak is still young, so he could still improve.Β  Manning is older, but he literally had nobody last year, so who knows.

Wentz was arguably the best QB in the entire NFL last year, and I expect him to come back strong.Β  He will likely have a slow start though.

Foles, as well as he played in the Superbowl, and NFC ChampionshipΒ game, also played bad in previous games.Β  Id still rank him higher than Dak and Manning, but foles is a streaky player.Β  He can be hot, but he can also be ice cold.

Edited by JayWood2010

On 4/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, Jlash said:

Yea, like I said I think he's years away.

I think it would be cool to put him in some packages where a 6th offensive lineman is brought in.Β 

I can see him in the backfield in goaline situations. Β We benefit from his obvious skill set and throwΒ him a boneΒ while he learns the game