πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Slump>Haul

Lets go back to what I'd mentioned about a week ago.Β 

When Zeke Balls out, Dak does well, and the team wins. But if Zeke struggles so do the Cowboys as a whole. I have yet to see Dak successfully lead his team to a win in which Zeke hasn't put his team on his back.

21 minutes ago, Phire said:

Dallas fans chest thumping over their 2nd year QB getting better stats than his rookie season (literally every qb ever), while sitting at .500 lol

Cant make this stuff up

QB success =/= Team success. You all should know that as you pumped your chest about Wentz as he lost something like 7 out of 8 games in a row....

Β 

Slump>Haul

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Lets go back to what I'd mentioned about a week ago.Β 

When Zeke Balls out, Dak does well, and the team wins. But if Zeke struggles so do the Cowboys as a whole. I have yet to see Dak successfully lead his team to a win in which Zeke hasn't put his team on his back.

Thats because you view the world through kelly green glasses that preclude you from seeing the fact that Wentz is the Screech to Dak's Zack Morris.

Washington last year:

Zeke 83 yardsΒ <4 YPC 1td vs DakΒ 73% comp, ~300 yards 1td <== Thats literally their second game ever

Baltimore last year:

Zeke 97 yards <4 YPC 0td vs Dak 75% completion, 300 yards, 3td

OBVI last year Zeke was a monster and did not have very many bad games.

Arizona - Zeke 80 yards, <4 yPC 1 TD vs Dak 75% comp, 183Β yards, 3 TDs

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Last year. After winning like the first 3 or 4 games of the season, didnt he go on to lose like 6 or 7 of the next 8? But you guys were still chest thumping him.Β 

All offseason all we discussed was how Carson had to get better mechanically because his footwork was all over the place. I dont think we were hyping him up at all.Β 

1 minute ago, Phire said:

All offseason all we discussed was how Carson had to get better mechanically because his footwork was all over the place. I dont think we were hyping him up at all.Β 

Who are you trying to fool? Ive been here since the day they were both drafted. There has quite literally been at least 4 thousand post on here about how Wentz is a true franchise guy and Dak is a scrub being propped up by his teammates. You guys have had a massive stiffy and a complete blind eye for like pushing 18 months now. And saying he needs to work on something doesnt detract from how hard you guys were chest thumping him. Seriously.Β 

Β 

"Wentz has the mind of manning, the size of big ben, the arm of brady and the feet of vick. But like 1 outta 100 throws his feet are only great not perfect" - Signed every Eagles fan on this site.Β 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Who are you trying to fool? Ive been here since the day they were both drafted. There has quite literally been at least 4 thousand post on here about how Wentz is a true franchise guy and Dak is a scrub being propped up by his teammates. You guys have had a massive stiffy and a complete blind eye for like pushing 18 months now. And saying he needs to work on something doesnt detract from how hard you guys were chest thumping him. Seriously.Β 

"Wentz has the mind of manning, the size of big ben, the arm of brady and the feet of vick. But like 1 outta 100 throws his feet are only great not perfect" - Signed every Eagles fan on this site.Β 

I'm gonna obliterate this post once Im home so hold tight sweet princeΒ 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Who are you trying to fool? Ive been here since the day they were both drafted. There has quite literally been at least 4 thousand post on here about how Wentz is a true franchise guy and Dak is a scrub being propped up by his teammates. You guys have had a massive stiffy and a complete blind eye for like pushing 18 months now. And saying he needs to work on something doesnt detract from how hard you guys were chest thumping him. Seriously.

From our Carson Wentz thread in the offseason:

On 7/20/2017 at 11:04 AM, Danger said:

He could play to a Pro Bowl level. Do I think he will? No, I expect him to play possibly like a fringe top 10 guy this season.

On 7/22/2017 at 4:28 PM, ninjapirate said:

How good can he be? I don't really know. Last year his biggest issue was probably scoring TDs. His ints could go down a bit but 14 for a full season isn't exactly crazy bad or anything but could always throw a few less.

If he can utilize his new receiving resources and put points on the board I think he can be just fine this year. Still doubt a lot happens unless the pass rush or coverage has a crazy good year but if we can see him making strides towards being a better player overall i think the season would be a success for him.Β 

On 8/1/2017 at 9:52 AM, Hockey5djh said:

This year its clear from his actions that Carson has done everything to take the next step in his growth as a player as well as his growth as a team leader and QB. Hopefully it translates on the field.

On 8/1/2017 at 1:32 PM, BLick12 said:

But yeah, I'm excited to see what Carson does, it'll be pretty disappointing if his mechanics are still inconsistent and he's sailing a lot of balls. Β He's in a pretty ideal situation to take a big step forward this year.

On 8/1/2017 at 7:07 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 8/1/2017 at 3:15 PM, Phire said:

Smith and Jeffery were held out today, so not surprising that Wentz struggled a bit.

I hate this excuse.

From the sound of it he had passes thrown behind guys, underthrown balls, etc.

He should be able to pass accurately no matter who he's throwing to.

On 10/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, Kiltman said:

Seeing Wentz in person did make me realize the areas he needs to keep working on a little more.
You could really see the handful of times he should've pulled the trigger and for whatever reason didn't

I mean it's something he'll continue to work on...and on the whole it was great to watch him play.
But I'm excited to see how he gets even better over this year.

From the what makes 2017 a success thread:

On 7/30/2017 at 11:39 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

1)Β Carson Wentz plays like a legit NFL starter consistently all season.

It's all about that Wentz. If he develops into a franchise QB things will go in the right direction, if he doesn't, nothing else matters.

On 7/31/2017 at 10:51 AM, Phire said:

2. Carson Wentz must arrive.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:40 AM, nlesthought said:

2. Carson (stay upright while playing a little more within himself)

On 8/3/2017 at 6:47 PM, Jeezla said:

Improved Wentz (this is most important of all)

From over/under thread:

On 8/5/2017 at 3:07 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:
On 8/5/2017 at 1:33 AM, Phire said:

Over/under: Wentz throws 30 touchdowns.

Under. I think he'll land in the 25-28 TD range.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:03 PM, Danger said:
On 8/7/2017 at 9:53 AM, Hockey5djh said:

Buy/Sell Carson Wentz has a better season than Kirk Cousins?

It'll be close, but I'm going to sell this one.

I don't think we were chest thumping the way Dallas chest thumps Dak at all. Not even close. We even had people who were saying trading Sam Bradford was a mistake.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phire said:

From our Carson Wentz thread in the offseason:

From the what makes 2017 a success thread:

From over/under thread:

I don't think we were chest thumping the way Dallas chest thumps Dak at all. Not even close. We even had people who were saying trading Sam Bradford was a mistake.

QFMFT

Dallas Fans with Dak swear he's a HoF already.
Β 

Matt's accusing Eagle Fans of

Wentz has the mind of manning, the size of big ben, the arm of brady and the feet of vick. But like 1 outta 100 throws his feet are only great not perfect" - Signed every Eagles fan on this site.

Β Yet had the Audacity to suggest Dak's closest comparison in the NFL is Tom Brady. GTFOH.

• Like 1