🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

I honestly think Danny Dimes could be a decent QB if he had any time in the pocket to look at more than one receiver. 

His pocket presence is horrendous though. For as bad as their OL is, he must have had plenty of sacks where he held the ball for 3+ seconds. Off the top of my head I can recall sacks in our 2nd game and the Pats game where the defender was coming at him from the front, in his line of vision, and he just kept back pedaling as if they weren't there.

Pretty common young QB issue though, and bad OL only exacerbated his poor pocket presence. The kid can throw a nice deep ball, and deliver dimes in the face of pressure, so he definitely has as good a chance as any young QB to blossom into franchise material as far as I'm concerned. 

Overall though I'm really not worried about Danny, or Haskins. Slayton and Terry on the other hand... they're going to be problems, and constant reminders of our poor drafting.

Dalton signing is no good for us. Imagine Dak holds out, and they play Dalton? He'd have arguably more talent around him than he's had in his whole career (and he has put up some good seasons, including the 2015 that was cut short where he had top 3-5 numbers), so if he starts the year and just has 2 or 3 good showings, suddenly the Cowboys have all the leverage possible in signing Dak and likely get a more team friendly deal unless Dak is foolishness to test FA.

https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/status/1253484958942928904?s=20https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/status/1250866607695572995?s=20

https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/status/1250866607695572995?s=20https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/status/1253484958942928904?s=20

There are Redskins fans in the forum too, right?

Bold prediction - Haskins will sign a 1 year $1.1 million dollar contract with the Saints 3 years from now.

Edited by Gmen

The best metric for quarterback accuracy is completion percentage over expectation (CPOE).  It is objective, model based, and it correlates well to future quarterback performance. 

Daniel Jones completed 61.9% of his passes, and his expected completion percentage was 62.1%.  So he had a -0.2% CPOE.  That was 17th in the NFL

Dwayne Haskins completed 58.6% of his passes, and his expected completion percentage was 63.2%.  So he had a -4.6% CPOE.  That was (brace yourself @HTTRDynasty) .. 37th in the NFL.  Only Minshew and Blough were worse among qualifiers.

Well, at least QBDataMine and the advanced analytics agree on one thing - Haskins can't hit the side of barn.

Edited by Gmen

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

The best metric for quarterback accuracy is completion percentage over expectation (CPOE).  It is objective, model based, and it correlates well to future quarterback performance. 

Daniel Jones completed 61.9% of his passes, and his expected completion percentage was 62.1%.  So he had a -0.2% CPOE.  That was 17th in the NFL

Dwayne Haskins completed 58.6% of his passes, and his expected completion percentage was 63.2%.  So he had a -4.6% CPOE.  That was (brace yourself @HTTRDynasty) .. 37th in the NFL.  Only Minshew and Blough were worse among qualifiers.

Well, at least QBDataMine and the advanced analytics agree on one thing - Haskins can't hit the side of barn.

Lmao. Anything completion percentage-based is a flawed stat. Haskins’ receivers dropped passes at the 3rd highest rate in the league. 

Nice try though.

QBKlass, PFF, Sports Info Solutions.  All these guys agree on one thing.  Haskins was a better player than Jones last year. 

Haskins also had one of the highest intended air yards marks in the league, so yes, he would be less accurate as a result.  But I do admit his footwork was sloppy as hell at the beginning of the year, yet he improved and tied his footwork to his eyes by the final few games of the year, dramatically improving his accuracy.

Good things on the horizon working with Ken Zampese on his footwork and mechanics. Baker Mayfield looked like a completely different player mechanics-wise without Zampese last year. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

4 hours ago, Gmen said:

Bold prediction - Haskins will sign a 1 year $1.1 million dollar contract with the Saints 3 years from now.

That’s ironic. Jones is actually a perfect fit as a poor-man’s Jameis Winston. I’m not even sure which of them had more turnover-worthy plays last year, and Jones played in 3 less games.  I know Jones had close to 50 turnover-worthy plays, lmao. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Nah.

Speaking of being bullied, I'm sure Dillard is secretly hoping you sign Peters back to start in his place.

As if you wouldn't happily take Dillard over Saahdiq Charles to be you're LT of the future. 👌

No one is envious of Haskins.🍺