🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Who were the players? I think that matters more than salary. Kind of a silly argument you're attempting tbh without listing the players.

Listing players would get us nowhere.  Most of you will just go "hur, dur, Wentz" and think that is the end of it.  Obviously when 50% of your cap is on IR, you're losing a lot of the players you valued highly, so I don't think it's a silly argument at all.  Especially the impact it has on a rookie QB to try to compete with half the salary cap on IR.

Just waiting on @TwoUpTwoDown to be a man of his word.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Listing players would get us nowhere.  Most of you will just go "hur, dur, Wentz" and think that is the end of it.  Obviously when 50% of your cap is on IR, you're losing a lot of the players you valued highly, so I don't think it's a silly argument at all.  Especially the impact it has on a rookie QB to try to compete with half the salary cap on IR.

Just waiting on @TwoUpTwoDown to be a man of his word.

Nah, listing the players would get you nowhere, because none of them are actually good. You lost 3 average players and a bunch of overpaid bums that were replaced by equivalent bums. The Redskins were a 5 win team at best with Alex Smith and Jordan reed playing his normal 6 games. 

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Dak’s played more games than Wentz. He’s got a half of a season over him. And yet, similar stats. And Wentz has a SB. How does Dak make a list and Wentz is laughed at? 

Cmon man, Wentz has played 5 minutes of post season football in 4 years- - Dont hit me with that ring comment. And the stats arent as close as you are making them. Dak obviously has more bulk everything. But he also has better efficiency in everything: comp %, ANY/A, Rating, Win %, INT%, TD% (if you include rushing).

Wentz literally doesnt have a statistical advantage in anything after 4 years.

Which reminds me. @Daimonas. Check your sig homie. ;)

Passing Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Dak Prescott 2016 2019 60 64 40-24-0 1363 2071 65.8 15778 97 97.0 90 36 136 826 7.6 7.77 6.77 6.92 241 1221 21 5.1 42 0 0 0   0
2 Carson Wentz 2016 2019 45 56 32-24-0 1311 2055 63.8 14191 97 92.7 73 35 129 807 6.9 7.08 6.13 6.30 206 785 3 3.8 24 2 11 0 5.5 7
1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Why are we even entertaining opinions from reddit? The football analysis/discussion on there is awful lol

Ive learned more on the reddit serious threads than I have here. There is a lot of really good convos and smart people. Of course, there is like a million posters, so there is also a lot of silly memes and bickering.

Its a mix bag. But a lot of advanced analytics to be found. 

And I will be honest. FF.com hates Dak and thinks Wentz is a god. Reddit mostly really likes Dak and thinks Wentz is pretty good. So after years of banging my head against a wall here trying to get any semblance of respect for Dak (and Romo before him); its refreshing that I can go read  hundreds of comments and convo that admits Romo was good and that Dak is a top 10 QB and could be top 5 if he keeps improving on 2019.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

And I will be honest. FF.com hates Dak and thinks Wentz is a god. Reddit mostly really likes Dak and thinks Wentz is pretty good. So after years of banging my head against a wall here trying to get any semblance of respect for Dak (and Romo before him); its refreshing that I can go read  hundreds of comments and convo that admits Romo was good and that Dak is a top 10 QB and could be top 5 if he keeps improving on 2019.

I can go to the homeless man up the street and he’ll tell me aliens visit earth all the time and he’s seen them. And how he used to be CIA.

Im glad we both have places so readily available we can go to be lied to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I can go to the homeless man up the street and he’ll tell me aliens visit earth all the time and he’s seen them. And how he used to be CIA.

Im glad we both have places so readily available we can go to be lied to.

Dak was pushing top 5 (probably ~7ish) for most of last season. Then we added Ceedee Lamb. It would not shock me at all if he is actually ~5 next year.

Im to lazy to go look it up but even the RMIB QB ranking thread had Dak top 5 almost the entire season. 

Just messin with you mattsy.

Honestly I find the whole thing silly. Like what metrics do we even use. Bulk stats tell One stories, watching tape to see what the can actually do is another. Dak playing more games and the eagles not have WRs really two of his 4 seasons hurt Carson’s individual stats. Or do you just go with the stats are the stats and Dak looks better there.

there isn’t really a RIGHT answer and we are never going to land on one until they are both healthy on comparable teams for a couple seasons. If even then. S

I think it’s tough to compare them honestly. Even if you somehow remove bias.

My honest take...

Carson has much more talent as a QB and can elevate his team, however gets handicapped by his injuries and clearly wants very specific things from his teammates...which rubs less intense guys the wrong way. When he’s clicking and has a rosterable talent he can throw to...he can be a top 5 QB. 

Dak is a good NFL QB. He needs a good cast around him to be that, like top 10 or 20 type talent. But most teams would love to have a guy like Dak. I don’t think he is close to being as advanced as Carson as a QB, but he gets results. He needs to continue to get better, but has one of the best surrounding casts. So he should. 

Also, Romo was a really good QB on very overhyped teams and had trash coaching. You guys should’ve been pushing for a SB but sucked when it counted. I feel bad for him. I think sometimes you maybe take us making fun of the team as genuine criticisms on the players. I liked Romo, but he was the Cowboys QB...so he sucked. Now that he’s done it’s all good. I think being in the crappy division skews are views on guys. Like Romo was dinged for a lot of big losses in the minds of a lot of Eagles fans...Eli was perennially a bottom 10 QB his whole career in peoples minds cause of how much we’ve owned them his whole career. It’s just rivalry stuff.

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Why are we even entertaining opinions from reddit? The football analysis/discussion on there is awful lol

Probably the same reason you guys entertain the opinion of those who disappear for 6 months at a time. You all cant help yourselves.