🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Well, I’d need to know what that 20M can buy me. Would I want Carson with the current roster or Dalton and a major upgrade or two. It would have to be something incredible to choose Dalton over Wentz but maybe you’d assume we could flip Wentz for draft picks or a young stud. It’s an interesting scenario. 

Dalton, current roster, +15-20M, 2 future 1sts (?)

or

Wentz, current roster 

Gonna need to you the 1sts you get to find a new QB, cause Dalton ain't it. 

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Well, I’d need to know what that 20M can buy me. Would I want Carson with the current roster or Dalton and a major upgrade or two. It would have to be something incredible to choose Dalton over Wentz but maybe you’d assume we could flip Wentz for draft picks or a young stud. It’s an interesting scenario. 

Dalton, current roster, +15-20M, 2 future 1sts (?)

or

Wentz, current roster 

You only get Dalton at that Price for 1 year, same exact circumstances the Cowboys will be in if they Stupidl go that route. You're not getting  picks, just like Dallas isn't.  Swap Wentz for Dak, do you entertain that notion?

Go!

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You only get Dalton at that Price for 1 year, same exact circumstances the Cowboys will be in if they Stupidl go that route. You're not getting  picks, just like Dallas isn't.  Swap Wentz for Dak, do you entertain that notion?

Go!

Yea but real life, they have both. Let’s just say Jerry can’t come to a deal with Dak. Then he obviously has to trade him. That compensation would be real. I think you have to put that into the equation. And, once you trade Dak you resign Dalton that day. And his price is still pretty low. He’s not signing for 3M but he’d be signing for significantly less than 35. Maybe 20-25 for a few years. He’s a decent QB. You can win games with him. And in the meantime, find your QB. That’s been the big problem in the NFL. Once your QB gets paid, can you win with a decimated cap situation? He’d be relatively cheap for a starting QB. And keep you competitive. I mean, let’s be real. It comes down to if you believe in your QB. You die on the hill or be at the very least a very successful post season team. That’s the real question. 

6 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Gonna need to you the 1sts you get to find a new QB, cause Dalton ain't it. 

Well, if I didn’t believe Wentz could stay healthy (which may be the case, this year is telling) or is now too expensive or if Dak isn’t good enough and I’m not willing to pay him, Dalton is a fine alternative given the parameters. He’s currently the best backup QB in the league. 

Edited by Jroc04