πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

On 5/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, Matts4313 said:

Who's DBs are going to suck more? Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins or Giants?

I think the Eagles and Redskins have an advantage that they both have solid dlines that should cut down the amount of time the secondaries have to cover.Β  I'm not impressed with the Cowboys or Giants dlines, or their secondaries.Β Β 

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think the Eagles and Redskins have an advantage that they both have solid dlines that should cut down the amount of time the secondaries have to cover.Β  I'm not impressed with the Cowboys or Giants dlines, or their secondaries.Β Β 

Daniel Jones isn't impressed with your D-line, or your secondary.Β  See week 16

52 minutes ago, Gmen said:

This post is idiotic.Β  Did the Redskins have Chase Young last year?Β  The Redskins have multiple new starters in the secondary too.Β  Absolutely idiotic.Β Β 

56 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Lmao.Β  Not a single starter from our secondary was playing in that Week 16 game besides Landon Collins.Β  That's multiple times now I've seen you touting that Week 16 game as some amazing feat by Jones, ignoring the fact it was against guys we signed off the street.Β  Congrats to him I guess.

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao.Β  Not a single starter from our secondary was playing in that Week 16 game besides Landon Collins.Β  That's multiple times now I've seen you touting that Week 16 game as some amazing feat by Jones, ignoring the fact it was against guys we signed off the street.Β  Congrats to him I guess.

That's the key right there.Β  Throw at the $14 million dollar per year safety.

39 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

And yet, your secondary is still worse.Β  I know it hurts.Β Β 

We're going to pretend the Giants didn't upgrade their secondary?Β 

1. CB James Bradberry spent four years matching up against against the #1 receivers in the NFC South.Β  Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas.

2. FS Xavier McKinney drafted at the top of the second round and considered by many to be the best safety in the draft.

3. Slot Darnay Holmes in the fourth round was considered one of the top nickel corners in the draft.Β  He won't start, but he'll get a lot of playing time in the slot.

So the Giants secondary is going to be looking quite different as well.Β  Even though they could have sat on their hands, and blamed youth for their struggles last year, they were actually quite proactive in the offseason.

Β 

Also, the Redskins are going to be without Quintin Dunbar.Β  Although he may be an idiot, he was actually a great corner for the Redskins last year.Β  So there's that.

Β 

Edited by Gmen

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty sure when Dallas week roles around you'll be acutely aware when Amare isn't lighting our secondary up for 150 3TD.🍺

Amari Cooper has only had one special game against us while a cowboy he was ok in two of them and bad in the other one.Β 

6 minutes ago, Gmen said:

We're going to pretend the Giants didn't upgrade their secondary?Β 

1. CB James Bradberry spent four years matching up against against the #1 receivers in the NFC South.Β  Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas.

And?Β  Is he supposed to get a medal for that?Β  Can you prove he actually performed well versus those WRs?Β  Regardless, those aren't the type of WRs he'll be facing in the NFCE.Β  McLaurin, Cooper,Β D Jax... these guys are a lot quicker/shiftier.Β  Is there any proof he's matched up well with these types of WRs?

I'm sure all 3 division rivals would be licking their lips after seeing this stat:

Over those past three seasons, Bradberry gave up 53 explosive plays of 15-plus yards at outside corner, five more than anyone else in the NFL in that period. The Giants' secondary was pretty poor before the move (it ranked 30th in team coverage grade in 2019), and it's hard to tell how much a player like Bradberry really moves the needle.

Β 

When it comes to draft picks, we have no idea how they're going to turn out, so I don't really care about what "upgrades" you think you've made there... especially outside of the 1st round.

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

And?Β  Is he supposed to get a medal for that?Β  Can you prove he actually performed well versus those WRs?Β  Regardless, those aren't the type of WRs he'll be facing in the NFCE.Β  McLaurin, Cooper,Β D Jax... these guys are a lot quicker/shiftier.Β  Is there any proof he's matched up well with these types of WRs?

I'm sure all 3 division rivals would be licking their lips after seeing this stat:

Over those past three seasons, Bradberry gave up 53 explosive plays of 15-plus yards at outside corner, five more than anyone else in the NFL in that period. The Giants' secondary was pretty poor before the move (it ranked 30th in team coverage grade in 2019), and it's hard to tell how much a player like Bradberry really moves the needle.

Β 

When it comes to draft picks, we have no idea how they're going to turn out, so I don't really care about what "upgrades" you think you've made there... especially outside of the 1st round.

Β 

James Bradberry has the hardest job in professional football

I think the consensus is that he performed admirably considering who he's spent his career guarding.Β  There are 4 receivers in the NFC South better than anyone in the NFCE.Β  He's a major upgrade.

Edited by Gmen

4 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Β 

James Bradberry has the hardest job in professional football

I think the consensus is that he performed admirably considering who he's spent his career guarding.Β  There are 4 receivers in the NFC South better than anyone in the NFCE.Β  He's a major upgrade.

Β 

Still doesn't answer the question.Β  Where's the proof he's actually done well against those WRs?Β  For example, there's proof that Josh Norman went up against those same WRs and did extremely well when he was in his prime, even though he struggled against quick, shifty WRs like OBJ, TY HiltonΒ and D Jax.