🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Notice the "We" and not "I". Jerry was out of the country. Stephen Jones negotiated the trade, Garrett approved the trade. They called Jerry and laid it all out for him. But he wasnt involved in the orchestration of the trade.

As i have now told you like 4 times this morning. He is mostly hands off outside of talking to the media. 

Edited by Matts4313

Ahh yes out of the country. As if in 2018 we didn't have such wonderful technologies like cell phones, Skype, Email...

You've said multiple times he's not involved. Yet every single time he specifically boasts about being involved. His HOF QB directly admits he's involved. But rabble rabble you had a lunch with Stephen Jones rabble rabble

35 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Ahh yes out of the country. As if in 2018 we didn't have such wonderful technologies like cell phones, Skype, Email...

You've said multiple times he's not involved. Yet every single time he specifically boasts about being involved. His HOF QB directly admits he's involved. But rabble rabble you had a lunch with Stephen Jones rabble rabble

I really cant make it any more clear to you. 

1st - Aikman doesnt have a strong relationship with the Jones family or the Cowboys any more. He isnt like Mike Irvin. I mean, the dude retired because he didnt like the way the Cowboys were being run and then almost signed with multiple other teams.

2nd - Jerry still signs off and has veto powers. But he doesnt control, manipulate or orchestrate anything anymore. He is *much* more hands off for almost a decade. 

Edited by Matts4313

I think both Matts and Shockwave are right to an extent. 

Jerry Jones isn´t all powerful as he used to be and he is much more ¨controlled¨ by the people around him of doing something stupid as evidence by their success at drafting, lack of big money or flashy free agent signings and the overall good management of the team. 

But also a guy like JJ will have to be dead and buried for him not to have at least significant power on his team as evidenced by the multiple links posted.  

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jerry-jones-snaps-when-asked-about-cowboys-issues-in-interview/ar-BB1ar7vQ?li=BBnb7Kz

The Cowboys owner did an interview Tuesday morning with 105.3 The Fan, and he sounded extremely salty when asked about his 2-5 team.

The hosts asked if there was a leadership void in the team, which Jones responded with an emphatic “No.” But in the middle of his answer, when they attempted to jump in and get some clarification, he snapped back, “Will you shut up and let me answer it? No.”

Jones went back and apologized after that outburst, telling the hosts “Don’t (tick) an old man off with little money. It will get you.”

Jerruh got awfully upset when asked about his teams leadership or lack of. Interesting reaction for a man who has been "totally hands off for a decade now" 🤨

47 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jerry-jones-snaps-when-asked-about-cowboys-issues-in-interview/ar-BB1ar7vQ?li=BBnb7Kz

Jerruh got awfully upset when asked about his teams leadership or lack of. Interesting reaction for a man who has been "totally hands off for a decade now" 🤨

You dont follow along with conversations very well. He is still a media mouth piece with a big ego and a die hard love for the Cowboys.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You dont follow along with conversations very well. He is still a media mouth piece with a big ego and a die hard love for the Cowboys.

How I would expect one would respond who was actually hands off for the past decade...
"I have full faith in the leadership my coaching staff, and vice president of football operations is providing for the team"

How Jerruh actually responded:
"No! What... shut up. Sorry man, you really ruffled my spurs there pard"

10 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

How I would expect one would respond who was actually hands off for the past decade...
"I have full faith in the leadership my coaching staff, and vice president of football operations is providing for the team"

How Jerruh actually responded:
"No! What... shut up. Sorry man, you really ruffled my spurs there pard"

Then you just dont follow Jerry/the Cowboys. Dude constantly says stupid things. 

"Going for some glory hole" 

"Circumcise a mosquito"