πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Matts4313 said:

..... something has happened here... this is a trap, I can feel it.Β 

Nah honestly dont know why the NFL is coming down so harsh on him. So anyone accused of domestic abuse is now guilty in the nfl's eyes no matter what? Seems a little messed up.

46 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Nah honestly dont know why the NFL is coming down so harsh on him. So anyone accused of domestic abuse is now guilty in the nfl's eyes no matter what? Seems a little messed up.

Yeah but Zeke's guilty of hurting NFL's public relations image, and all that takes is an accusation.

I mean there are journalists out there celebrating the decision talking about the NFL "finally" taking these things seriously. Blame the NFL all you want, but it's people like that that's forcing the NFL into this position. I don't think the NFL wants to be spending hours upon hours, and tons of money into an investigation into their star players. And I'm not saying the NFL can't do better, I just think they need to pick their battles better. I think this is a bad example.

50 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yea...the only thing I could see is maybe into their year long investigation into it they confirmed that the columbus police brushed things off or minimized the issue to help the star player...but they didn't really mention that in the letter so that's seemingly out.

I mean I still think Zeke is a turd...but that's just because over the year and a half he's proven to be a turd in small ways.
But the NFL was built on the back of turds, and if they try to make everyone a role model the league is going to really suffer.
It's on athletes to be conscious of what they do, but beyond that they are under no obligation to set a standard for kids.
If you are a parent that cares about that sort of thing, you buy the kid a Witten jersey or before a WareΒ jersey...and maybe not someone like Zeke, Irvin or Dez

Β 

I think there are some questionably things he did, but if it's not a legal issue I don't get what the league thinks it's place is in all this.
I don't fully know everything that happened, just reports of various things.
Maybe they are just trying to straighten out a young star on one of their most profitable teams before he does something sticks to him legally.
But I don't think anybody really wants that from them and the league is gonna wind up getting bit by this sort of overreach.

Β 

That said it won't stop me laughing at the cowboys for it

3 minutes ago, Phire said:
7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

That said it won't stop me laughing at the cowboys for it

Amen. Rather them than us.
But we know eventually it'll be one of our players.

We're too goody two shoes of a franchise to sign Malcontents or degenerates at this point it seems to have to worry.

But I get the "they came for me, and no one was there to stand up for me" mentality of it

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

We're too goody two shoes of a franchise to sign Malcontents or degenerates at this point it seems to have to worry.

But I get the "they came for me, and no one was there to stand up for me" mentality of it

But as long as an accusation is enough... even Carson Wentz could be accused of anything. We signed Sanchez who got accused of rape in college, Smallwood was accused of intimidating a witness in a murder case... remember when Nate Allen was accused of exposing himself to a 16 year old? I really hope the NFL found something they didn't include in their letter. Which I highly doubt considering it was a confidential letter to Zeke.

26 minutes ago, Phire said:

But as long as an accusation is enough... even Carson Wentz could be accused of anything. We signed Sanchez who got accused of rape in college, Smallwood was accused of intimidating a witness in a murder case... remember when Nate Allen was accused of exposing himself to a 16 year old? I really hope the NFL found something they didn't include in their letter. Which I highly doubt considering it was a confidential letter to Zeke.

yea there are exceptions...but in terms of the guys we pursue and put a lot of value in, organizationally we don't invest in those types of guys. It's late picks or guys that are on the roster before that happens. And we've seen that if they can, the FO will cut bait like it's nothing.

It's not like Zeke was sparkling clean and these accusations took him down out of nowhere...he's continually proved to be a POS, said he was sorry and would try to be better, then just did something new to be kind of a wildcard crappy person.

I don't think it's the league's right to police crappy individuals out of the league...but I think some random accusation for a super clean cut player like Carson isnt a worry. THese are things that build up over time and have a certain level of truth to them if they stick.

I agree there has to be a measure of vetting that a lot of these teams and the league hasn't been doing, but there hasn't been a lot of false accusations that have stuck to people.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. Didnt you guys have a dude busted with weed and guns last year?

2. Was Zeke not clean before this? I dont remember reading any character concerns when he came out of college.

Yes, Josh Huff. Caught with a firearm and weed. Cut day after.Β 

Nothing big I suppose. All I can remember is some driving infractions, publicly questioning the coaching. I think.Β